Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I agree to a point. Sticky, Terry and the group managed to purchase the DME code some how. I don't see why that can't be done for the TCU.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Will never happen. Alpina is the closest we can get.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I agree to a point. Sticky, Terry and the group managed to purchase the DME code some how. I don't see why that can't be done for the TCU.
    This is not true. I am not sure where the key originated from but it was not purchased specifically for the BB flash.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's not how I understand it. @Sticky

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    This is not true. I am not sure where the key originated from but it was not purchased specifically for the BB flash.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will never happen. Alpina is the closest we can get.
    I know your car has been down some but how many miles on your trans. since it was built? Any issues at all with it yet? I'm over 10k with no issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Nothing was purchased.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I stand corrected then.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nothing was purchased.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    I know your car has been down some but how many miles on your trans. since it was built? Any issues at all with it yet? I'm over 10k with no issues.
    I have also done around 25k km with it no issues and i drive it hard with track days and airfield pulls
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have also done around 25k km with it no issues and i drive it hard with track days and airfield pulls
    Same here. Always driven hard at 17-20 psi. Still holding strong. Why do you think the alpina flash is all we'll get?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Same here. Always driven hard at 17-20 psi. Still holding strong. Why do you think the alpina flash is all we'll get?
    so you guys both have level 10 upgraded parts, no issues, only other person I know that did it was LostMarine and he never got the chance to push it. Anyone else who has had it done? Who has had failures? Everytime I bring it up people tell me it's not proven and what not, but the only people I know that have actually had it done have no issues?
    @enrita @LostMarine @jzeee037
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Its a lot of money for a unproven upgrade. Its the only upgrade I know of but I'm not sure if hybrid turbos make enough power to test its limits. It took a little time to adapt when first installed but since then its been fine. Not sure how it would hold up to a big single or twins but ill find out soon enough as ill prob. go with vargas stage3 . I'm just watching how things go with all the new options out there now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Following all the AT threads here I am getting the impression that, as insane as it sounds, designing a TCM from scratch may not be too big of a deal, at least not on the hardware side, compared to getting the original firmware decrypted and messed with. Most of the trouble would be associated with knowing exactly what the original TCM does as well as have a full well documented CAN message set. None the less, that would be quite an undertaking with lots of trial and error... I believe I've read that someone did this as a hobby project for an older 4 speed ZF transmission which is obviously easier and cheaper...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by geshsoft Click here to enlarge
    Following all the AT threads here I am getting the impression that, as insane as it sounds, designing a TCM from scratch may not be too big of a deal, at least not on the hardware side, compared to getting the original firmware decrypted and messed with. Most of the trouble would be associated with knowing exactly what the original TCM does as well as have a full well documented CAN message set. None the less, that would be quite an undertaking with lots of trial and error... I believe I've read that someone did this as a hobby project for an older 4 speed ZF transmission which is obviously easier and cheaper...
    I've considered this as well. I just don't have the free time to pull something like that off right now. I think the hardest part would be getting the TCM to play nice with the rest of the car.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've considered this as well. I just don't have the free time to pull something like that off right now. I think the hardest part would be getting the TCM to play nice with the rest of the car.
    Similar situation here. I could find some time to design and build it, but I don't really have the resources or the time to figure out the CAN message set and experiment as I am not in the car industry particularly...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Maybe we should do a kickstarter campaign, see if we can get a few $k together as incentive for someone to work on the problem Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The DME code was cracked by the original creator of openflash. (Before Shiv got involved, before it was openflash) It was hinted that he may of used the fruity supercomputer from his workplace. Click here to enlarge Cobb also managed to crack it as well, so this can't be an unattainable goal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tifosielia Click here to enlarge
    The DME code was cracked by the original creator of openflash. (Before Shiv got involved, before it was openflash) It was hinted that he may of used the fruity supercomputer from his workplace.
    And you really believe this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And you really believe this?
    I don't see why not. That's the claim and I don't know how else he could of broken that encryption.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The DME code was cracked by the original creator of openflash. (Before Shiv got involved, before it was openflash) It was hinted that he may of used the fruity supercomputer from his workplace. Click here to enlarge Cobb also managed to crack it as well, so this can't be an unattainable goal.
    Defeating modern encryption by brute force is not that easy, especially if it happens to be 128 bit and above with a good cypher. I would rather believe that someone in the proper position leaked the encryption key for whatever his reasons. Of course I doubt the person will go forward and say "I did it". I would not say it's impossible as that would be just stupid - sometimes the cypher isn't good enough and the encryption is in fact shorter with some bit padding. Oh well, it really comes down to what you'd like to believe I guess Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't see why not. That's the claim and I don't know how else he could of broken that encryption.
    He didn't break the encryption.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by geshsoft Click here to enlarge
    Defeating modern encryption by brute force is not that easy, especially if it happens to be 128 bit and above with a good cypher. I would rather believe that someone in the proper position leaked the encryption key for whatever his reasons. Of course I doubt the person will go forward and say "I did it". I would not say it's impossible as that would be just stupid - sometimes the cypher isn't good enough and the encryption is in fact shorter with some bit padding. Oh well, it really comes down to what you'd like to believe I guess Click here to enlarge
    Anyone who believes he brute forced his way in... LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone who believes he brute forced his way in... LOL
    Yep, I doubt it happened.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well maybe I shouldn't have been as cryptic in my first post. When I said Fruity supercomputer that was a reference to the fact that he works at Apple. He infers that he used the Apple supercomputer in Cupertino. *If* he had access to said computer it would make very short work of 128bit encryption. Any of us could break 128bit encryption with a botnet, its all about distributed computing now that everyone had broadband.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really sometimes it gets tiring ...
    We are 2013, car came out 2006. There is no tcu flashing solution considering both cobb and giac normally offfers this (audi/vw).
    conclusion?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Well maybe I shouldn't have been as cryptic in my first post. When I said Fruity supercomputer that was a reference to the fact that he works at Apple. He infers that he used the Apple supercomputer in Cupertino. *If* he had access to said computer it would make very short work of 128bit encryption. Any of us could break 128bit encryption with a botnet, its all about distributed computing now that everyone had broadband.
    Word on the street is the firmware files are RSA encrypted with 1024 bit keys.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem with this though, is that the MSD80 is protected by 1024 bit RSA, not 128-bit. You literally could not break this - even with 100s of supercomputers/botnets/etc. in our lifetime. I have a feeling the key was "given" out - I wonder how Dinan does it - they must have a relationship with BMW?

No chance that was brute forced - especially if it truly is 1024-bit RSA like it's spec'ed at.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast