Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 217
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Rick should just fab up complete intake manifolds suited for port injected methanol. Total pipe dream/money pit from an R&D standpoint in relation to return on investment…but it would be badass.
    That's probably not going to happen any time soon Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    He takes bitcoins, lol. Its a good idea though.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @ajm8127
    Prototyping car parts on makerbot is pretty slick Click here to enlarge
    Another indication of nerdery is that www.defivfabrication.com takes Bitcoin for orders.
    he does? that's so cool haha

    very smart of him too, imo.
    boop

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Points
    2,916.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Bump Click here to enlarge How has the car been running? Any updates?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Bump Click here to enlarge How has the car been running? Any updates?
    The clutch disasters dual disk died on the way to the dyno after end-to-end runs. Investigation revealed that flywheel had been machined to the wrong stack height and flywheel surface was wavy.

    New CM dual bronze disk are in, Rick has broken it in & it's good. I make the journey back to the dyno with a working clutch after I fly back from Califronia on the 2nd.

    As far as manufacturing; not enough $ to bootstrap mass dev & Rick doesn't want to pre-sale & potentially blow the production timeline (machine shops operate on a different time-scale than what you and I do).

    As was the case with the lockdown kit he'd be ideally looking for a 2nd local tester before finalizing design (although fitment differences on the intake manifold between 1,3,5 models and MYs are lower than the rear suspension).
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    The clutch disasters dual disk died on the way to the dyno after end-to-end runs. Investigation revealed that flywheel had been machined to the wrong stack height and flywheel surface was wavy.

    New CM dual bronze disk are in, Rick has broken it in & it's good. I make the journey back to the dyno with a working clutch after I fly back from Califronia on the 2nd.

    As far as manufacturing; not enough $ to bootstrap mass dev & Rick doesn't want to pre-sale & potentially blow the production timeline (machine shops operate on a different time-scale than what you and I do).

    As was the case with the lockdown kit he'd be ideally looking for a 2nd local tester before finalizing design (although fitment differences on the intake manifold between 1,3,5 models and MYs are lower than the rear suspension).
    So lets get a couple cars in there. What area?

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    So lets get a couple cars in there. What area?
    http://www.defivfabrication.com/contact.html Pennsylvania, 1hr from Philadelphia, 2 from Manhattan, 3 from DC.

    I'd like to see it just as much as everyone else, I know @Eleventeen is close enough to take his single there and get the additional fuel awesomeness.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I LOVE Clutchmasters....cough. Worst company ever. Anyhoo-We will be testing @uniter 's car shortly with the direct port methanol setup, the clutch set us back big time. That is only part of what the whole plate idea was meant to do, here's a pic of the injector + meth variant 3D drawing (unfinished pic, because I'm sneaky like thatClick here to enlarge)..but it gives you a rough idea of what's to come, provided I find another test vehicle in need of the additional injectors....Click here to enlarge

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    I LOVE Clutchmasters....cough. Worst company ever. Anyhoo-We will be testing @uniter 's car shortly with the direct port methanol setup, the clutch set us back big time. That is only part of what the whole plate idea was meant to do, here's a pic of the injector + meth variant 3D drawing (unfinished pic, because I'm sneaky like thatClick here to enlarge)..but it gives you a rough idea of what's to come, provided I find another test vehicle in need of the additional injectors....Click here to enlarge
    I think you'd have people interested in the supplemental fueling aspect of this. Do you have a way to drive fuel injectors with this plate at the moment?

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I think you'd have people interested in the supplemental fueling aspect of this. Do you have a way to drive fuel injectors with this plate at the moment?
    There are two options, the preferred path is via BMS, Terry said he would work on driving the additional injectors, specs for the particular injector I'd like to run have been sent, I also have some good ideas for the sub system as far as fuel delivery is concerned. Time/Money and a test car (preferrably ST) are the only real hurdles atm. There is another injector driver I've found that will perform said task as well for those not running a JB4 platform, although I'm a big fan of integration with these sort of things.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    I'd be far more interested in a stand alone driver, but that's just me.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    486
    Rep Points
    540.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    There are two options, the preferred path is via BMS, Terry said he would work on driving the additional injectors, specs for the particular injector I'd like to run have been sent, I also have some good ideas for the sub system as far as fuel delivery is concerned. Time/Money and a test car (preferrably ST) are the only real hurdles atm. There is another injector driver I've found that will perform said task as well for those not running a JB4 platform, although I'm a big fan of integration with these sort of things.
    So would the Cobb work with this?

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    480
    Rep Points
    348.5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    what are the gains from direct meth port compared to the charge pipe meth injection?

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    So would the Cobb work with this?
    With the standalone driver, yes-it would just require some tuning and some back end flash massaging.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    what are the gains from direct meth port compared to charge pipe meth injection?
    More precise delivery of methanol, some valve cleaning effects are an added benefit as well. Dyno and logs will be available this coming month.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    There are two options, the preferred path is via BMS, Terry said he would work on driving the additional injectors, specs for the particular injector I'd like to run have been sent, I also have some good ideas for the sub system as far as fuel delivery is concerned. Time/Money and a test car (preferrably ST) are the only real hurdles atm. There is another injector driver I've found that will perform said task as well for those not running a JB4 platform, although I'm a big fan of integration with these sort of things.
    I hope terry gets something figured out, but honestly if you're capable, I think that the stand alone injector driver will not only be wanted and needed by some or many, but it gives you a control and not to mention puts the timeline in your hands.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Need a worthy test vehicle primarily, someone who is willing to finance the necessary components and has a little patience. I'm pretty excited to get this to market, It's not going to take forever-I'd prefer an ST car, but one with upgraded twins would suffice in a pinch. Basically someone at the upper limits of DI so I can provide solid results.The rest is framed out and I'm prepared to take on the endeavor. PM me if anyone who is relatively local is into this-

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    627
    Rep Points
    1,090.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    Need a worthy test vehicle primarily, someone who is willing to finance the necessary components and has a little patience. I'm pretty excited to get this to market, It's not going to take forever-I'd prefer an ST car, but one with upgraded twins would suffice in a pinch. Basically someone at the upper limits of DI so I can provide solid results.The rest is framed out and I'm prepared to take on the endeavor. PM me if anyone who is relatively local is into this-
    when my car is up and running with stage 3's i can test for you lol Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Points
    2,749.0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    Need a worthy test vehicle primarily, someone who is willing to finance the necessary components and has a little patience. I'm pretty excited to get this to market, It's not going to take forever-I'd prefer an ST car, but one with upgraded twins would suffice in a pinch. Basically someone at the upper limits of DI so I can provide solid results.The rest is framed out and I'm prepared to take on the endeavor. PM me if anyone who is relatively local is into this-
    With a FBO car running 100% E85, an aggressive boost curve, and rich AFR's you should most definitely be able to show the strengths of the system. I don't know any cars that can do that without meth, stock turbo's or upgraded. Also, I think if you can just get it working integrated nicely (maybe have it supply 20% of the fuel so the effects of E85 fuel scaling are alleviated while cleaning valves) this kit will sell itself.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    Need a worthy test vehicle primarily, someone who is willing to finance the necessary components and has a little patience. I'm pretty excited to get this to market, It's not going to take forever-I'd prefer an ST car, but one with upgraded twins would suffice in a pinch. Basically someone at the upper limits of DI so I can provide solid results.The rest is framed out and I'm prepared to take on the endeavor. PM me if anyone who is relatively local is into this-
    What the hell are you people waiting for?

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    .....crickets......I know there has to be an ST guy in the east coast area that's out of fueling, winter is the time for these things....let's make a deal people, I'm pretty generous in the product development realm and a relatively reasonable human being(imho).....It's for the GREATER GOOD!

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,568
    Rep Points
    1,861.7
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My FBO -meth E92 sits in the garage all winter long. Unfortunately you need upgraded stock frame turbos or a ST. If for some reason my car could be of help let me know but I doubt it.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

    Got Boost?

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    There has to be somebody in the area in need of fuel and who has upgraded turbos.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    122.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Eleventeen

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    @Eleventeen C'mon bro. Do we need to crowdfund it? I got 20 on it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •