Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Rick should just fab up complete intake manifolds suited for port injected methanol. Total pipe dream/money pit from an R&D standpoint in relation to return on investment…but it would be badass.
    That's probably not going to happen any time soon Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He takes bitcoins, lol. Its a good idea though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @ajm8127
    Prototyping car parts on makerbot is pretty slick Click here to enlarge
    Another indication of nerdery is that www.defivfabrication.com takes Bitcoin for orders.
    he does? that's so cool haha

very smart of him too, imo.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump Click here to enlarge How has the car been running? Any updates?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Bump Click here to enlarge How has the car been running? Any updates?
    The clutch disasters dual disk died on the way to the dyno after end-to-end runs. Investigation revealed that flywheel had been machined to the wrong stack height and flywheel surface was wavy.

New CM dual bronze disk are in, Rick has broken it in & it's good. I make the journey back to the dyno with a working clutch after I fly back from Califronia on the 2nd.

As far as manufacturing; not enough $ to bootstrap mass dev & Rick doesn't want to pre-sale & potentially blow the production timeline (machine shops operate on a different time-scale than what you and I do).

As was the case with the lockdown kit he'd be ideally looking for a 2nd local tester before finalizing design (although fitment differences on the intake manifold between 1,3,5 models and MYs are lower than the rear suspension).
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    The clutch disasters dual disk died on the way to the dyno after end-to-end runs. Investigation revealed that flywheel had been machined to the wrong stack height and flywheel surface was wavy.

New CM dual bronze disk are in, Rick has broken it in & it's good. I make the journey back to the dyno with a working clutch after I fly back from Califronia on the 2nd.

As far as manufacturing; not enough $ to bootstrap mass dev & Rick doesn't want to pre-sale & potentially blow the production timeline (machine shops operate on a different time-scale than what you and I do).

As was the case with the lockdown kit he'd be ideally looking for a 2nd local tester before finalizing design (although fitment differences on the intake manifold between 1,3,5 models and MYs are lower than the rear suspension).
    So lets get a couple cars in there. What area?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    So lets get a couple cars in there. What area?
    http://www.defivfabrication.com/contact.html Pennsylvania, 1hr from Philadelphia, 2 from Manhattan, 3 from DC.

I'd like to see it just as much as everyone else, I know @Eleventeen is close enough to take his single there and get the additional fuel awesomeness.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I LOVE Clutchmasters....cough. Worst company ever. Anyhoo-We will be testing @uniter 's car shortly with the direct port methanol setup, the clutch set us back big time. That is only part of what the whole plate idea was meant to do, here's a pic of the injector + meth variant 3D drawing (unfinished pic, because I'm sneaky like thatClick here to enlarge)..but it gives you a rough idea of what's to come, provided I find another test vehicle in need of the additional injectors....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    I LOVE Clutchmasters....cough. Worst company ever. Anyhoo-We will be testing @uniter 's car shortly with the direct port methanol setup, the clutch set us back big time. That is only part of what the whole plate idea was meant to do, here's a pic of the injector + meth variant 3D drawing (unfinished pic, because I'm sneaky like thatClick here to enlarge)..but it gives you a rough idea of what's to come, provided I find another test vehicle in need of the additional injectors....Click here to enlarge
    I think you'd have people interested in the supplemental fueling aspect of this. Do you have a way to drive fuel injectors with this plate at the moment?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I think you'd have people interested in the supplemental fueling aspect of this. Do you have a way to drive fuel injectors with this plate at the moment?
    There are two options, the preferred path is via BMS, Terry said he would work on driving the additional injectors, specs for the particular injector I'd like to run have been sent, I also have some good ideas for the sub system as far as fuel delivery is concerned. Time/Money and a test car (preferrably ST) are the only real hurdles atm. There is another injector driver I've found that will perform said task as well for those not running a JB4 platform, although I'm a big fan of integration with these sort of things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd be far more interested in a stand alone driver, but that's just me.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are two options, the preferred path is via BMS, Terry said he would work on driving the additional injectors, specs for the particular injector I'd like to run have been sent, I also have some good ideas for the sub system as far as fuel delivery is concerned. Time/Money and a test car (preferrably ST) are the only real hurdles atm. There is another injector driver I've found that will perform said task as well for those not running a JB4 platform, although I'm a big fan of integration with these sort of things.
    So would the Cobb work with this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what are the gains from direct meth port compared to the charge pipe meth injection?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    So would the Cobb work with this?
    With the standalone driver, yes-it would just require some tuning and some back end flash massaging.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    what are the gains from direct meth port compared to charge pipe meth injection?
    More precise delivery of methanol, some valve cleaning effects are an added benefit as well. Dyno and logs will be available this coming month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope terry gets something figured out, but honestly if you're capable, I think that the stand alone injector driver will not only be wanted and needed by some or many, but it gives you a control and not to mention puts the timeline in your hands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Need a worthy test vehicle primarily, someone who is willing to finance the necessary components and has a little patience. I'm pretty excited to get this to market, It's not going to take forever-I'd prefer an ST car, but one with upgraded twins would suffice in a pinch. Basically someone at the upper limits of DI so I can provide solid results.The rest is framed out and I'm prepared to take on the endeavor. PM me if anyone who is relatively local is into this-

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Need a worthy test vehicle primarily, someone who is willing to finance the necessary components and has a little patience. I'm pretty excited to get this to market, It's not going to take forever-I'd prefer an ST car, but one with upgraded twins would suffice in a pinch. Basically someone at the upper limits of DI so I can provide solid results.The rest is framed out and I'm prepared to take on the endeavor. PM me if anyone who is relatively local is into this-
    when my car is up and running with stage 3's i can test for you lol Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With a FBO car running 100% E85, an aggressive boost curve, and rich AFR's you should most definitely be able to show the strengths of the system. I don't know any cars that can do that without meth, stock turbo's or upgraded. Also, I think if you can just get it working integrated nicely (maybe have it supply 20% of the fuel so the effects of E85 fuel scaling are alleviated while cleaning valves) this kit will sell itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the hell are you people waiting for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    .....crickets......I know there has to be an ST guy in the east coast area that's out of fueling, winter is the time for these things....let's make a deal people, I'm pretty generous in the product development realm and a relatively reasonable human being(imho).....It's for the GREATER GOOD!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

My FBO -meth E92 sits in the garage all winter long. Unfortunately you need upgraded stock frame turbos or a ST. If for some reason my car could be of help let me know but I doubt it.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There has to be somebody in the area in need of fuel and who has upgraded turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Eleventeen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Eleventeen C'mon bro. Do we need to crowdfund it? I got 20 on it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast