Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    The spike can be reduced by upping your load base in the flash and scalar if desired. You can see that the base is fairly low since you are still around 15% stft even with meth flowing. Get this closer to 0 or neg is ok too.
    Is this what is referred to by shiv's XDFs as 'load target 1' and 'load target 2'
    from 157-120 across the RPM range?
    Would you just bump this up across the board by 10% and 'see what happens' ?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Is this what is referred to by shiv's XDFs as 'load target 1' and 'load target 2'
    from 157-120 across the RPM range?
    Would you just bump this up across the board by 10% and 'see what happens' ?
    Set it to 200 across the board, 190 past 6k rpms.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Set it to 200 across the board, 190 past 6k rpms.
    Any other changes WGDC tables etc?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Bump in a little more load down low and you should be OK. Doubt you need to massage the duty cycle tables in this instance. Maybe up the fuel scalar a bit as suggested.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

you don't want the base load too high when stacking... it will mess up the throttle feel, but you can try it. It gets a little complicated. I'd add some load, but also scalar. If you are <15:1 with the spike I wouldn't worry about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Any other changes WGDC tables etc?
    No, Procede is in direct control of waste-gates so WGDC tables really don't matter on the flash side.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Increased load table values 20%, didn't seem to effect trims that much... However post-shift AFR has a way better number and timing isn't being retarded by 2 degrees Click here to enlarge Will continue to dial it.

Thanks all for the input.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Increased load table values 20%, didn't seem to effect trims that much... However post-shift AFR has a way better number and timing isn't being retarded by 2 degrees Click here to enlarge Will continue to dial it.

Thanks all for the input.
    Nice. I'm still amazed at the timing you are getting especially at such an aggressive boost level. My timing looks like absolute horse $#@! lately, and i've changed way too many things to know for sure what the root problem is. Sigh.. i need more free time in my life.

Just curious, approx what kind of $$ do you have tied up in this direct port setup? You are using check valved nozzles right? $50 a pop x6 alone is a healthy chunk of cash. 6 port Distro block and two filters, and of course Defivs manifold and labor...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Nice. I'm still amazed at the timing you are getting especially at such an aggressive boost level. My timing looks like absolute horse $#@! lately, and i've changed way too many things to know for sure what the root problem is. Sigh.. i need more free time in my life.

Just curious, approx what kind of $$ do you have tied up in this direct port setup? You are using check valved nozzles right? $50 a pop x6 alone is a healthy chunk of cash. 6 port Distro block and two filters, and of course Defivs manifold and labor...
    I don't know how much cash went into it. Parts alone aren't that bad, though. Aside from the manifold I think it's coming similar to what shivnu charges for his kit. Manifold was done for me as a one-off, you can't really estimate the cost of all those man-hours going into R&D versus mass produced CNC goodies. (I have seen the solidworks drawings for it, though. Click here to enlarge)

Oh yeah, I turned it up to 20 in places and I was still getting 15 degrees. It's being tuned at 18.5PSI ATM. Getting there. Tomorrow the wheel bearings get replaced (car only has 50k.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'll leave this here:
    http://datazap.me/u/uniter/defiv-fab...-added-2?1-5-6

18.5 PSI.

Road speed & WGDC is available now for the curious masses.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Damn that's aggressive. Boost post shift is sick.

AFR looks crazy rich, not seeing any obvious trim issues though. Maybe pull out some meth?
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Damn that's aggressive. Boost post shift is sick.

AFR looks crazy rich, not seeing any obvious trim issues though. Maybe pull out some meth?
    Very rich indeed, but that's likely to support the timing. Why the reduced timing on the middle of the first gear?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

AFR is a point richer because we're tuning with Methanol. No need to pull out fuel; it's all on-target.
    @rudypoochris. There was some oddness there with boost dropping off at that point. Not sure why.

This is just where we left off tonight. Continuing our mexican highway run tuning tomorrow.

I want to see clean runs with 15 degrees from 3,500 RPM -> 7,000 RPM.

Then I want to see if 16 degrees makes more power Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Pump gas right? I'm assuming you have no interest in E85 and leaning it out a bit?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I don't have access to e85 + I seem to be making pretty good power with methanol injection, no?

Why would I want to lean it out? Methanol is not gas. It changes your AFR. Ideal AFR is 10.5 w/ meth injection.
    @135pats: Yes 93 from the pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I don't have access to e85 + I seem to be making pretty good power with methanol injection, no?

Why would I want to lean it out? Methanol is not gas. It changes your AFR. Ideal AFR is 10.5 w/ meth injection.
    All true. I suppose with pump gas you are effectively using it as fuel, but point taken on AFR.

You don't need to lean anything out and the logs are looking pretty sweet. I just say the more headroom against knock, the better. 93 pump doesn't help you there, but if you can't get corn fuel then it's moot. And you're spraying pre TB so it would take a colossal meth failure to really mess things up.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Well, I'll just say we've tested out the flow sensor in fail mode. The procede dumps boost and retards timing immediately if something is amiss. Risk is really minimized when you're running a controller which monitors actual flow with a fast failsafe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yep the chances of that type of failure are very small. Your setup is easily the best thought out port injection i've seen on an N54. Didn't mean to come off as critical

PS I bet you'll benefit from 16 degree of advance Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Yep the chances of that type of failure are very small. Your setup is easily the best thought out port injection i've seen on an N54. Didn't mean to come off as critical

PS I bet you'll benefit from 16 degree of advance Click here to enlarge
    Critical discussion with smart and open-minded individuals is always worthwhile.

We hope to see the effects of 15, 16 and so on during dyno tuning. Theory & butt gauge is nice but empirical data is king.

For now we're looking to sort out how to get a street tuned 15 flat and take those lessons to the dyno.

Back to back 160+ MPH runs is excellent for both the heart and the wallet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I thought the O2 sensors read lambda not AFR. If you see 10.5:1 AFR it means 10.5/14.7 lambda which is really rich. But its just meth in a performance car so fuel consumption probably isn't a concern for you guys. With that amount of fuel you probably could get away with very aggressive timing, but why would you want to if its past MBT values. Interesting though, maybe I am misunderstanding how the O2s work on meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I thought the O2 sensors read lambda not AFR. If you see 10.5:1 AFR it means 10.5/14.7 lambda which is really rich. But its just meth in a performance car so fuel consumption probably isn't a concern for you guys. With that amount of fuel you probably could get away with very aggressive timing, but why would you want to if its past MBT values. Interesting though, maybe I am misunderstanding how the O2s work on meth.
    You are correct, DME is seeing lambda. Personally i would be targeting 12:1.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

^ concur. The engine is not running on pure alcohol, so better output could be recognized by tuning AFR for a gas/alcohol mix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

You are correct, DME is seeing lambda. Personally i would be targeting 12:1.
    Agreed.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Interesting. I use the AFR targeting tables that Shiv flashes with his OFT procede fueling maps. They target 10.8 - the car hits 10.8. Any ideas why shiv does that for every car that gets procede fuel flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Interesting. I use the AFR targeting tables that Shiv flashes with his OFT procede fueling maps. They target 10.8 - the car hits 10.8. Any ideas why shiv does that for every car that gets procede fuel flash?
    Because Shiv pedaled a very aggressive(for stock) tune as "safe" for stock hardware and 91 octane.

Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast