Close

Thread: BB Flash issues

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

BB Flash issues

Last weekend I was trying to flash my car back to stock using the BB Flash. I was running the Race map then I moved on to the E85. The problem is I am get the following error when trying to flash to the stock bin or whatever you want to call the file. I can't post a picture but the error is "ECU Status: OxOC Programming session inactive" and shows voltage as 0. Then the ECU goes into recovery mode. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 5mins and I'm using a 50amp battery charger, still no luck. Ive tried to use the advanced force write and nothing. As soon as I load the BMS map e85,pump or race it works fine. It also starts to show the voltage again. I made a backup of my stock bin and have tried both but the ECU also gives me the error and goes into recovery mode. I would really like to flash my car back to stock.
    RB's, Motiv PI, AR Downpipes, ARK exhaust, Stett CAI, Stett CP TAIL BOV, ETS FMIC, 1M Ohlins road and track conversion, M3 Bushings, VTT inlets, BMS Clutch Stop. SPEC Stage 3+ with MFactory flywheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Somebody help him out.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I guess I will see if you can get this resolve before I flash my car this week. Keep us posted!
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Maybe your backup was bad? Although that would be the first time I've heard of that happening. You can try to download one of the other stock .bin's and see if that works, should be as good as stock for all practical purposes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Maybe your backup was bad? Although that would be the first time I've heard of that happening. You can try to download one of the other stock .bin's and see if that works, should be as good as stock for all practical purposes.
    Thanks, I looked but I didn't see my stock bin. Maybe someone can upload it Click here to enlarge. I have a 2010 IJE0S N54 Manual and I hope this fixes the issue. Yeah, I have been reading around and I'm a IT guy so I know that backups are important but it is strange that it's not uploading it.
    RB's, Motiv PI, AR Downpipes, ARK exhaust, Stett CAI, Stett CP TAIL BOV, ETS FMIC, 1M Ohlins road and track conversion, M3 Bushings, VTT inlets, BMS Clutch Stop. SPEC Stage 3+ with MFactory flywheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by josh135 Click here to enlarge
    Last weekend I was trying to flash my car back to stock using the BB Flash....The problem is I am get the following error when trying to flash to the stock bin or whatever you want to call the file. I can't post a picture but the error is "ECU Status: OxOC Programming session inactive" and shows voltage as 0. Then the ECU goes into recovery mode. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 5mins and I'm using a 50amp battery charger, still no luck. Ive tried to use the advanced force write and nothing. .
    What car is this? 335is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It's a 135i 2010 MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Considering how many IJEOS successfully flash I assumed you had a 2007 with I8AOS, as 90% of the threads pertain to them and I know there is a stock bin available for them. SOMEBODY is bound to have a functional stock MSD81 file for you, since there are probably hundreds of them successfully flashed by now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    V8Bait, I am new with flash and I can see that you have good knowledge on it.
    I don't know which file I should use to flash, I have a 135i 09 jb4 stage3.
    In the BimmerBoost software show me the Software OIJC0S, and in the bavariantechnic software show me the ModuleID MSD80.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kaleo Click here to enlarge
    V8Bait, I am new with flash and I can see that you have good knowledge on it.
    I don't know which file I should use to flash, I have a 135i 09 jb4 stage3.
    In the BimmerBoost software show me the Software OIJC0S, and in the bavariantechnic software show me the ModuleID MSD80.
    I think this is what you want... http://www.bimmerboost.com/vbdownloa...=file&fileid=7
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I thought i updated this thread but the problem was resolved by uploading someone else's stock bin file.

Thanks for the help!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Glad you got it sorted out, another guy had a corrupted backup from voltage issues with the read that made it take almost an hour longer than it should have. Interestingly enough it passes the verification and seems normal, but doesn't work to upload. It's not a major problem but it is interesting, thus why it's beta right lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Luiz, I used the file in your link, the flash was completed successfully, but when I drove, I received an error, I googled the error and I did the flash with the file in the link below again, perfect now.
    n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20563