Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Unhappy BB flashs stocks bin but not tuned one

Hello,

I have 07 Kliners which is hard to deal with once come to flash but i managed to flash it once with BMS PUMP update 9/25. I was on old software (I890S) when I flash with current one (I8A0S) its always end with errors and ECU in recovery mode. therefore i used tunerpro with xdf file provided to copy values and use that bin. flash successfully car working flawlessly. Until here every thing is perfect !!

few days ago i tried the BMS PUMP update 10/14, flash done successfully but car cranking without start, after few flashes with tuned files (FORCE and reguler, old file and updated one) all end up the same. so i flashed back to stock file the car work fines Click here to enlarge. I thought its related to software so I used winkfp to flash my ECU to latest update and now BB flash read software as (0I8A0S).

did every thing again reading, and flashing with PUMP update 9/25, PUMP update 10/14 and tunerpro file all end up the same car cranking but wont start. but i can flash it back to stock even i tried my old bin which works Click here to enlarge but any tuned file end up with cranking without start.

Click here to enlarge any thoughts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, I think @AWil335i was having the same issues. They had to start using a different computer for some odd reason...

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-DAF-Map-Error
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The BIN downloaded from n54tech.com work without issue. Only upload and use those exact BINs.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, Im not questing if the tuned file works or not since they worked for me before. just wondering why it could flash stock files but not tuned one. do you think its related to code "2FA3 Coding missing" as this appear right after the flash? btw car only on Jb4 never used any other tune.

fastgti69, i was following that thread, in my case every thing went fine with every flash i end up with successful one.. used multiple PC and some laptop old laptops all end up with the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2FA3 can be disabled in Tunerpro, under toggles. Try it! But i don't think this is the cause.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Oilphase Click here to enlarge
    Terry, Im not questing if the tuned file works or not since they worked for me before. just wondering why it could flash stock files but not tuned one. do you think its related to code "2FA3 Coding missing" as this appear right after the flash? btw car only on Jb4 never used any other tune.

fastgti69, i was following that thread, in my case every thing went fine with every flash i end up with successful one.. used multiple PC and some laptop old laptops all end up with the same.
    The BINs would not work if they were loaded on the wrong DME type (it would give a PAF mismatch error after writing) or if you opened and modified the file in some way.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    piele_bps thanks for the info, its true might not be related but im just guessing

Terry, thanks for the info but i mention that i have (I890S) previously and now (I8A0S) which is both of them MSD80 im just pointing I used the correct file. also i did not modified the file i just used XDF file provided by N54tech.com and used canned flashes without any modification all ended with same results.

any way thanks guys Click here to enlarge i will keep trying and keep you posted

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You would not need an XDF file to download and write the BIN. I guess keep trying different things, it's not clear to me exactly what you've done so I have no way of knowing exactly what you are doing wrong. But even with I890S you can flash I8A0S canned BIN files without issue. The canned BINs have the coding error disabled so if you are getting that error then that is the first clue something is going wrong.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Oilphase Click here to enlarge
    piele_bps thanks for the info, its true might not be related but im just guessing

Terry, thanks for the info but i mention that i have (I890S) previously and now (I8A0S) which is both of them MSD80 im just pointing I used the correct file. also i did not modified the file i just used XDF file provided by N54tech.com and used canned flashes without any modification all ended with same results.

any way thanks guys Click here to enlarge i will keep trying and keep you posted
    Mine was definitely the computer... I had used my newer laptop several times to flash, but all of a sudden it would not connect and I got that error. Flashed back to stock with WinKFP, but still couldn't get my laptop to do a read. Tried an older intel laptop and same issue. Drug my desktop out into the garage and it worked the first time.

For some reason my laptop stopped working with my car and I was dead in the water. Couldn't get it to connect, regardless of voltage, for a read or write.
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge