Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DV is fixed and will be part of every kit going forward. The DME now has full control of the DV as if it is a electronically controlled, but it is actually controlled by vacuum with a much stronger spring capable of holding up to more boost before being pushed open. This also means we can continue testing, as I had halted testing due to the surging the compressor was seeing with no DV. So back to seeing what this thing can do..Click here to enlarge

Install DIY, pictures and PDF coming soon only on BimmerBoost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    DV is fixed and will be part of every kit going forward. The DME now has full control of the DV as if it is a electronically controlled, but it is actually controlled by vacuum with a much stronger spring capable of holding up to more boost before being pushed open. This also means we can continue testing, as I had halted testing due to the surging the compressor was seeing with no DV. So back to seeing what this thing can do..Click here to enlarge

Install DIY, pictures and PDF coming soon only on BimmerBoost.
    Sick man, you're moving along way too fast LOL.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice move with the DV fix! You are like a cheetah honed in on its prey with this upgrade.
    By the way everyone I'm Jeff and I own the BMS test vehicle being used. To clarify the model, its a 2011 E90 6 speed Tipronic. The paddles are standard with sport models. Performance mod list is below:

JB4 N55 ISO/BMS N55 Intake/CP-E 5" Downpipe/BMS Low Temp Thermostat/Active Autowerke FMIC/BMS 2.3G Meth Kit/BMS N55 Chargepipe/BMS Oil Catch Can/BMS Flex Fuel wires/Alpina Trans Flash

Tony is correct, the stock turbo is maxed out and 400 WHP is the max regardless of any mixture of meth, race gas or E85. It will be nice for us N55 guys to jump into the 400 club and possibly 500 once Terry works his magic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeff @ BMS Click here to enlarge
    Nice move with the DV fix! You are like a cheetah honed in on its prey with this upgrade.
    By the way everyone I'm Jeff and I own the BMS test vehicle being used. To clarify the model, its a 2011 E90 6 speed Tipronic. The paddles are standard with sport models. Performance mod list is below:

JB4 N55 ISO/BMS N55 Intake/CP-E 5" Downpipe/BMS Low Temp Thermostat/Active Autowerke FMIC/BMS 2.3G Meth Kit/BMS N55 Chargepipe/BMS Oil Catch Can/BMS Flex Fuel wires/Alpina Trans Flash

Tony is correct, the stock turbo is maxed out and 400 WHP is the max regardless of any mixture of meth, race gas or E85. It will be nice for us N55 guys to jump into the 400 club and possibly 500 once Terry works his magic.
    Thank you for giving up your car for R&D! I'm sure with this new kit, you won't have trouble hitting 500whp with e85.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Install DIY, pictures and PDF coming soon
    Excellent idea.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for giving up your car for R&D! I'm sure with this new kit, you won't have trouble hitting 500whp with e85.
    Think thats what we're all hoping for!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a heads up, we will be selling the vacuum operated DV as a complete kit for stock turbos. As more tuning comes out, and the boost is turned up on stock turbos, it will be necessary. The kit will include, Forge billet DV valve, harness, solenoid, and all hardware needed for install, we do not have a price yet, but we will have one soon. I do have to add, changing this DV with the turbo on the car requires removal of water pump, thermostat, intake, and charge piping from the turbos. It's not an easy job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just a heads up, we will be selling the vacuum operated DV as a complete kit for stock turbos. As more tuning comes out, and the boost is turned up on stock turbos, it will be necessary. The kit will include, Forge billet DV valve, harness, solenoid, and all hardware needed for install, we do not have a price yet, but we will have one soon. I do have to add, changing this DV with the turbo on the car requires removal of water pump, thermostat, intake, and charge piping from the turbos. It's not an easy job.
    I hope the turbo kit will be cheap because you did not have to invest $40 000 for a test car. Also on my N55 powered car, there is a warning label on the inside of the gas cap lid asking for 91 octane fuel as minimum. So being already limited to 91 octane in my state and the engine is already running at crappiest gas you can put into it. How will I benefit from more boost on 91 octane?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hakentt Click here to enlarge
    I hope the turbo kit will be cheap because you did not have to invest $40 000 for a test car. Also on my N55 powered car, there is a warning label on the inside of the gas cap lid asking for 91 octane fuel as minimum. So being already limited to 91 octane in my state and the engine is already running at crappiest gas you can put into it. How will I benefit from more boost on 91 octane?
    Can you add octane booster or ethanol?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By adding a larger, more efficient turbo, you are actually lowering EGTs which will help to reduce knock. That and timing can also be reduced some to prevent knock. You will almost always add more HP on the same octane when moving from a smaller turbo to a larger more efficient turbo. Your question is heading you in the right direction though, you will not see full potential of the turbo if you are unable to increase octane in some way. There is only so much knock 91 octane can surpress. Adding methanol injection and/or e85 or race gas will allow you to really turn the boost up on the turbo getting it well into its efficiency range and producing the HP it's capable of producing.

2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Large turbo kits are not meant for guys running 91 octane alone. It's for guys using E85 and/or methanol, IMHO. You may pickup some power on 91 alone but its going to be small compared to what guys on better fuel pickup.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Really exciting seeing this work chugging along. What a nice guy Jeff.... letting them use your E90 as the test vehicle. Click here to enlarge
    So out of curiosity...what benefits would someone have by only purchasing the DV kit that will be coming out vs. the entire ball of wax (turbo upgrade + DV kit)? I will pulling the trigger on the entire thing I'm sure as IUHUTCH and I have been waiting for this in the Minneapolis area for quite some time now but I'm just wondering what you can actually tune with the DV kit only if you're not pushing the extra power with the upgraded turbo.

Sounds like the DV kit will do a much better job of "holding" boost on a stock turbo vs. most current setups where the boost will reach target and then start to drop off?
    Last edited by boostedMPLS; 11-21-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Typo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedMPLS Click here to enlarge
    Really exciting seeing this work chugging along. What a nice guy Jeff.... letting them use your E90 as the test vehicle. Click here to enlarge
    So out of curiosity...what benefits would someone have by only purchasing the DV kit that will be coming out vs. the entire ball of wax (turbo upgrade + DV kit)? I will pulling the trigger on the entire thing I'm sure as IUHUTCH and I have been waiting for this in the Minneapolis area for quite some time now but I'm just wondering what you can actually tune with the DV kit only if you're not pushing the extra power with the upgraded turbo.
    The boost can be turned up on the stock turbo with tuning and more tuning is about to be released and will be moving forward quickly I presume. The stock DV has a very weak spring and under higher than stock boost levels it is suspected it is being pushed open venting boost. This will fix that issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nice! I experience that quite often actually. I run a lot of Terry's tuning applications and my stock turbo went from putting out about 8.8psi to now frequently I boost into the 17s/18s/ sometimes, based on conditions, i've hit 20psi. This would be an excellent fix for guys who will stay stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car is on the truck and back on its way to Jeff, Terry, and the BMS crew. Cant wait to see what they can do with it! Upgrades are starting to ship this week and next..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car is on the truck and back on its way to Jeff, Terry, and the BMS crew. Cant wait to see what they can do with it! Upgrades are starting to ship this week and next..Click here to enlarge
    sweet hope i can snag 1 thats not paid for yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VegasJD Click here to enlarge
    sweet hope i can snag 1 thats not paid for yet
    There is one up for grabs right now if you are interested, after that one is spoken for, we will be waiting to get the next 6 cores machined then we can start shipping again. I imagine people will be lined up to jump on those 6 spots. Today when the guy pulled the car out to put it on the truck, I had not been outside of it yet, it sounds so damn mean from outside the cabin. A construction worker who is working on our yard across the street, was like is that thing a diesel cause it sure sounds good. I was like nah.. haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just emailed you back i so WANT it Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m conv. Pure Stage 2, helix intercooler, JB4 E85, Seibon Gtr hood, Sparta Evolution calipers and rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge done cant wait for it to get here
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m conv. Pure Stage 2, helix intercooler, JB4 E85, Seibon Gtr hood, Sparta Evolution calipers and rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge done cant wait for it to get here
    Now you can finally make use of that nice big rubber out back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    finally? lol it doesnt hold the power i have now i had nitto drag radials in the back all last year just to try to get some grip lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    finally? lol it doesnt hold the power i have now i had nitto drag radials in the back all last year just to try to get some grip lol
    295s? Haha bugger

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it will fit 315s i just need a different offset wheel im sure ill be making lots of changes to it in the coming year it has come along way this year, next year look out Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by curare Click here to enlarge
    Cobb don't have a tune for the 2012/2013 models
    Nobody has a flash tune for the later N55 DME. So what is your point?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Nobody has a flash tune for the later N55 DME. So what is your point?
    I was answering your question Click here to enlarge
    The f30 was released in 2012. Therefore, neither cobb nor any other flash tuner will be tuning for these turbos at the moment. Terry is also focusing on e series not f series. Whats your problem dude?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast