Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

N55 test car install thread

Ok so decided to make a thread to kinda track the progress of the test car. I took a little break from building the stage 2's for the N54 that I am very far behind on to get the N55 project moving along as well.

So far this is where we are at. Stock turbo is pulled off the car, Upgraded turbo is sitting in place, outside water line, and drain are both mocked up. I am very happy to report, the turbo will retain the factory drain line with no changes, and outside water line uses the factory hose as well. During the install you take the hose from your old factory line, cut the clamps off and install it on the new fitting securing it with the clamps provided. For the drain, we are using an aluminum adapter that will be machined to take the factory push in style fitting and hold down bolt. For the inside line, we will be making a new one with push loc hose, and the oil feed will be AN braided style. This turbo is going to look darn near stock and once everything is back on, its going to be very very hard to notice anything is out of the ordinary.

Here are just a couple pics I took during the install. The drain isn't fully bolted up yet, but you can see the adapter, and you can see how well the factory hose fits on the new fitting, the final banjo fitting will be shorter and it will fit even better, this is just a mock up to see what we need make for an easy install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, it just looks so damn good. Like it belongs in there LOL.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how long till we see dyno numbers?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    how long till we see dyno numbers?
    Good question, may want to direct that one at Terry. We are using his car to install and fabricate lines, test diverter valve function so we can send a complete kit out. Terry will be handling the tuning on this bad boy. I am thinking we should have it installed and back to him within 2 weeks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice progress Tony, this kit is looking promising, finally the N55 boys may be able to keep up! Haha!
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Good question, may want to direct that one at Terry. We are using his car to install and fabricate lines, test diverter valve function so we can send a complete kit out. Terry will be handling the tuning on this bad boy. I am thinking we should have it installed and back to him within 2 weeks.
    Cool! Just curious I might be buying a 2012 X5 so that's why im asking.. the wife is ready for an upgrade!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Cool! Just curious I might be buying a 2012 X5 so that's why im asking.. the wife is ready for an upgrade!
    No problem and just to clarify, he is tuning this particular car because it's a BMS car, he had already ordered an upgrade, so it worked out. Cobb is supposed to have the atr for use next week and then we can get busy tuning an N55 via Cobb flash tune and the guys at PTF. Just stay tuned and numbers should come quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Cobb is supposed to have the atr for use next week and then we can get busy tuning an N55 via Cobb flash tune and the guys at PTF. Just stay tuned and numbers should come quickly.
    This is what can make all the difference... Ready to see some solid pump/race/e85 numbers
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Super cool. We are 3 N55 guys here waiting for your Turboupgrade. Hope you will ship it to Germany next year. Do you think you will be able to produce more than the pre-ordered Upgrades until Mid 2014?Furthermore: can I already send in my core to be able to get the refund once I order the Upgrade? Furthermore: does this core habe to include the wastegate control?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335i-BB Click here to enlarge
    Super cool. We are 3 N55 guys here waiting for your Turboupgrade. Hope you will ship it to Germany next year. Do you think you will be able to produce more than the pre-ordered Upgrades until Mid 2014?Furthermore: can I already send in my core to be able to get the refund once I order the Upgrade? Furthermore: does this core habe to include the wastegate control?
    Germany is no problem, also it shouldn't be an issue delivering more by that date, the biggest hold up is cores. When you send me your core it needs to have everything on it that's comes on it stock, this includes the wastegate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks great. Very excited to see this progressing so quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good job tony Click here to enlarge

what's the size of the compressor wheel of this turbo and the stock turbo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge

It is similar to gtx30 wheel.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge

its a reverse rotation GTX3076, I don't recall off the top of my head what the stock wheel is. It's in one of hand early N55 threads we made.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great thread Tony and nice pics. That should shut some people up Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Subscribed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cant wait to buy one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i want an x1 or 3 with fbo meth and this turbo so i can beat m3's in an economy suv ... lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    i want an x1 or 3 with fbo meth and this turbo so i can beat m3's in an economy suv ... lol
    You don't even need aftermarket turbos to beat a stock M3, I'm running 12.5 1/4 mile in my X1 with tune, dp, fmic and stock 19in runflats.

However, this would allow you to murder most M3's and run with lower end SC m3's (not talking about Stickys....) in an economy suv!

I'm 80% sure I will wind up purchasing this, I'm just waiting to see what tuning looks like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    You don't even need aftermarket turbos to beat a stock M3, I'm running 12.5 1/4 mile in my X1 with tune, dp, fmic and stock 19in runflats.

However, this would allow you to murder most M3's and run with lower end SC m3's (not talking about Stickys....) in an economy suv!

I'm 80% sure I will wind up purchasing this, I'm just waiting to see what tuning looks like.
    Tuning this will be easy peasy. It's going to use all the same stuff the stock turbo did, just physically bigger.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now this is what I've been waiting for..

And hopefully Terry will start a thread on his tuning progress too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

do you have any videos or slips? thats great dude
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    do you have any videos or slips? thats great dude
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...stock-runflats

If this upgrade gets 500whp (or roughly 500whp) I'll get it and be running 11's lol.

Pricing for the Vargas upgrade is reasonable when you start looking at every other crossover/SUV with that kind of power. Was thinking of grabbing a Macan Turbo since I think it looks better, but really the X1 with the Vargas upgrade will be in a totally different league than pretty much any other small SUV - even with aftermarket mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...stock-runflats

If this upgrade gets 500whp (or roughly 500whp) I'll get it and be running 11's lol.

Pricing for the Vargas upgrade is reasonable when you start looking at every other crossover/SUV with that kind of power. Was thinking of grabbing a Macan Turbo since I think it looks better, but really the X1 with the Vargas upgrade will be in a totally different league than pretty much any other small SUV - even with aftermarket mods.
    For sure, everything except for the Q3 RS

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For sure, everything except for the Q3 RS
    Has that been confirmed for the US?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast