Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Out shop car is an 08 65xxx miles on it. Paid 13K cash. If you look hard enough they are out there.
    Yeah but it was also a dealer buy back...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0

17 cars under 16k within 2 hr drive.. 140 nationwide.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    How is it the chassis? I'm actually pretty confident it's the motor that will probably prove to be no good beyond 800+ whp, but we'll see
    The chassis is easily over run well before that. Suspension, chassis flex, chassis geometry, and tire combo makes it impractical to name a couple things. If you're not getting why a 2JZ wouldn't be streetable at big power, you're not going to get this. With only my 430 wheel and AD04 at 245mm and 275mm the chassis is at its limit. I can push it more sure, but you're at the point where you will feel diminishing returns without wider tires, better suspension, lower cg, or stiffening. A car with 800hp will typically be released with 325mm tires and or AWD for a reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    The chassis is easily over run well before that. Suspension, chassis flex, chassis geometry, and tire combo makes it impractical to name a couple things. If you're not getting why a 2JZ wouldn't be streetable at big power, you're not going to get this. With only my 430 wheel and AD04 at 245mm and 275mm the chassis is at its limit. I can push it more sure, but you're at the point where you will feel diminishing returns without wider tires, better suspension, lower cg, or stiffening. A car with 800hp will typically be released with 325mm tires and or AWD for a reason.
    the chassis itself is fine structure wise, it's far stiffer even without bracing than anything an RB/2j has ever come from factory in.

and.. well yeah, guard modifications and r-comp tires should be on the cards for anyone willing to go that far power wise anyway hahaha.. wider guards and you wouldn't have a problem fitting 295/305 or wider Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Flinchy; 10-29-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    The ones I've had the pleasure were all somewhere between a street car and a drag car not really doing either very well. On the street they idled bad, drove bad, took off slower than crap, mostly felt like a delayed on/off switch instead of a throttle that couldn't get any traction at lower speeds. And yes I know it's gonna be hard to put down that kind of power at lower speeds but at least a bigger displacement engine you can feather it and the power builds instead of hitting like a BFH.
    yeah that's why i'm not a huge fan of older high power motors... they idle like crap, and have poor throttle response

practically one of the first mods you do even at moderate power levels to a 2j or RB26 or 4G63 is a nice set of cams to make the power... and people go way too big for the application half the time!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So most people pushing 800+hp stay on stock wheels and tires? Chassis flex? Seriously? So I suppose a stock foxbody mustang is a better chassis at 160+ mph? I have performance suspension and have 295's on the rear myself....had no problem launching the $#@! out of the car on BGF G-force radials 275's with over 430whp...There is a class called X275...it's not all about tire size...LSD helps immensely which is pretty much standard for anyone going past FBO...honestly your entire argument is pretty weak...
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's why the S54 with its better heads and higher redline while retaining an iron block makes a strong case...
    No argument there...im shocked that swap hasn't been done yet. Maybe because you can make more power with the stock block of the 2j so it offsets cost a little bit?

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    first 335i to run mid 10's or make 900 whp? Big turbo kind sir, big turbo asap.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    No argument there...im shocked that swap hasn't been done yet. Maybe because you can make more power with the stock block of the 2j so it offsets cost a little bit?
    Swap the S54 into a 335? No offense here, but why wouldn't you just keep it in the E46 M3 chassis?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    Some guy put an s54 into the 1 series body and turbo'd it. There is a thread here somewhere...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So most people pushing 800+hp stay on stock wheels and tires? Chassis flex? Seriously? So I suppose a stock foxbody mustang is a better chassis at 160+ mph? I have performance suspension and have 295's on the rear myself....had no problem launching the $#@! out of the car on BGF G-force radials 275's with over 430whp...There is a class called X275...it's not all about tire size...LSD helps immensely which is pretty much standard for anyone going past FBO...honestly your entire argument is pretty weak...
    Ha. You're not going to get it. I am talking about the total package here. The performance of the car on track, at the strip, on the road. 500hp is the limit or so before you sacrifice all those categories. If you're talking about dropping the most powerful motor into the car, great, but that speaks nothing to the balance or total package.

Based on your foxbody comment I assume you're considering only strip performance, in which case yes this car is at the limit maybe even before 500hp. It doesn't hook nearly as well as some other 500hp cars and it doesn't have much strip potential beyond that. You will hit diminishing returns on this suspension and the tire size limits. This really shouldn't be too hard to fathom. The car is killer in the 500hp range, but beyond that to get it to perform will be extremely difficult. It will keep getting faster with more HP it will just be less and less usable. Know the saying all Supra run 12's....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ha. You're not going to get it. I am talking about the total package here. The performance of the car on track, at the strip, on the road. 500hp is the limit or so before you sacrifice all those categories. If you're talking about dropping the most powerful motor into the car, great, but that speaks nothing to the balance or total package.

Based on your foxbody comment I assume you're considering only strip performance, in which case yes this car is at the limit maybe even before 500hp. It doesn't hook nearly as well as some other 500hp cars and it doesn't have much strip potential beyond that. You will hit diminishing returns on this suspension and the tire size limits. This really shouldn't be too hard to fathom. The car is killer in the 500hp range, but beyond that to get it to perform will be extremely difficult. It will keep getting faster with more HP it will just be less and less usable. Know the saying all Supra run 12's....
    I understand what you're trying to say, I just disagree. Only time will tell, and not much time at that, but I see the cap on this car being in the 8xx who range, and it will be a combination of motor and traction, but moreover motor. Still curious how you think the chassis will hold it back when we have barely even started to see more than a few cars over 600whp...let's make the power first and see what happens...you have no facts or proof nor will there be...BTW...there are aftermarket suspensions available now in case you didn't know...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Swap the S54 into a 335? No offense here, but why wouldn't you just keep it in the E46 M3 chassis?
    Once one swap is done into a chassis a snowball effect of swaps follow, lol...people have different ideas of the "perfect" engine chassis combo.

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Next time I'll see if a Chevy Duramax motor will fit and take some measurements...... OP you are quite silly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I understand what you're trying to say, I just disagree. Only time will tell, and not much time at that, but I see the cap on this car being in the 8xx who range, and it will be a combination of motor and traction, but moreover motor. Still curious how you think the chassis will hold it back when we have barely even started to see more than a few cars over 600whp...let's make the power first and see what happens...you have no facts or proof nor will there be...BTW...there are aftermarket suspensions available now in case you didn't know...
    Oh really? Didn't know there were aftermarket suspensions.... Click here to enlarge

Theres a reason the Z06 with 500 crank HP was sold with a 325mm rear tire. To even suggest that our 275-285mm capability (255mm STOCK!)is even in the same ball park at greater HP levels is retarded. At 800hp stock cars would be coming with AWD and/or 345mm tires and completely different suspension setups. I'm not saying the car can't make 800hp, hell you can put a 2000hp alcohol motor in there if you want. It says nothing about the chassis though. This cars sweet spot for balance is in the 450-550hp (crank) range and there is nothing wrong with that. Its great actually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol.. if 500hp is the e9x chassis limit, then how do 500+ hp e9x cars compete successfully in so many events?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh really? Didn't know there were aftermarket suspensions.... Click here to enlarge

Theres a reason the Z06 with 500 crank HP was sold with a 325mm rear tire. To even suggest that our 275-285mm capability (255mm STOCK!)is even in the same ball park at greater HP levels is retarded. At 800hp stock cars would be coming with AWD and/or 345mm tires and completely different suspension setups. I'm not saying the car can't make 800hp, hell you can put a 2000hp alcohol motor in there if you want. It says nothing about the chassis though. This cars sweet spot for balance is in the 450-550hp (crank) range and there is nothing wrong with that. Its great actually.
    Besides the fact that we're NOT limited by a 275 tire...still trying to see where you see this is a limit...having an argument over what tire came on the car is just ignorant. Raised rear suspension and a 305 drag slick can be fitted all day. What's wrong with that? Chassis flex? Prove it! Pretty sure this chassis is more capable than most, like LM said...what about the M3? I suppose that's a weak car too? All your saying is a car that came stock with a 300hp rating may need some aftermarket upgrades to be more balanced beyond 500 hp? REALLY? No $#@!...

Oh BTW....here's the X275 drag class....just show what can be done on a 275...mind you obviously anyone looking to put down serious power on a dragstrip won't be leaving the car stock and just throwing on tires....not that easy for anyone, except AWD's like a GTR, which still isn't a drag monster (RWD's are drag monsters)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets ask @Sticky how his Chassis is holding up to 800+ whp shall we?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not going to argue how much Torque the chassis can handle but blindly saying it's fine isn't the best approach. Looking at history adding too much power or a bigger engine to your muscle would/could cause the frame to twist without reinforcement (subframe connectors and/or cage). Now the newer chassis are WAY stronger than they used to be and with the front and rear subframes along with the partial subframe connector that the exhaust always hits has this chassis buttoned down better than most. But unless you are actually having your chassis measured you might not notice it starting. I had a friend in high school that bought himself a brand new 93 Trans Am 6 speed when they came out and immediately added a few bolt ons and would race the crap out of it, several times a week on the street and every other weekend at the track. As part of his maintenance to the regular beating he put on his car he had his frame inspected every 6 months, it only took 18 months before there was noticeable twisting.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets ask @Sticky how his Chassis is holding up to 800+ whp shall we?
    The advantage of having a centrifugal blower is I'm not making enough torque down low to stress components ridiculously. It all comes in up top.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think this is pretty dumb.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe I am not being clear... The car isn't going to fall apart above 500hp, its just not going to be a well balanced car. Again, sure you can put as much power on the car as you want, it just isn't going to be a balanced package anymore. I think you're still thinking of this in the context of a drag strip which is absolutely not what I am getting at at all. If you want a car that is good on the strip you wouldn't even be looking for something with IRS or without AWD to begin with unless you're talking about cars like the Z06 with huge meats.

Sure you can put 500hp on a civic. The chassis will remain intact, but if that is your measure of whether 500hp on the civic chassis makes sense, then you're not being realistic. The 335i is a great car in the 450-550hp range, beyond that it has traction and suspension issues. That's all, it really isn't a crazy revelation. It isn't going to hook like a GT-R or Z06, it just won't. That isn't to say more power won't make you faster, it will, but it will be less and less useable. You're basically in the range of diminished returns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Oh BTW....here's the X275 drag class....just show what can be done on a 275...mind you obviously anyone looking to put down serious power on a dragstrip won't be leaving the car stock and just throwing on tires....not that easy for anyone, except AWD's like a GTR, which still isn't a drag monster (RWD's are drag monsters)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtOklznPqtU
    Completely different chassis. You will never ever see a 335i do this on a 275mm tire. The loading is completely different between our IRS and the solid axle in a Mustang. Come on, really...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Completely different chassis. You will never ever see a 335i do this on a 275mm tire. The loading is completely different between our IRS and the solid axle in a Mustang. Come on, really...
    He makes a lot of mistakes.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Just proving the point as to what can be done a 275 tire which you keep claiming is a limitation. Honestly you have been so unspecific I'm not even going to bother to keep repeating myself asking why you think the chassis won't hold? You are also the one that keeps the point of comparing it on a dragstrip which is not what the car is designed nor did I purchase it to be a drag monster. All I've done is try to get you to come up with real hard facts or testing for your claims of why this chassis is "over run" at 500+ hp? The only reason to push this car into the 600+ hp range is for straight line racing, and if roll racing definitely no issues, and from a dig anyone pushing that much power on any platform is going to expect to put money in the car elsewhere besides just motor and tires...I'm not trying to be dick, just trying to challenge you and actually force some good information out of you as to where you come up with this assumption. To you what is well balanced? And well balanced in what condition? Show me some examples of other stock chassis with over 700+ whp that are "well balanced" in whatever condition completely stock except tires and motor?

Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast