Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    My mind says:
    Isn't that illegal? As far as I know, you can't put an older engine into a newer car. You can only put an engine from a newer car into an older body and be able to register the car legally on the street.

My heart says:
    Aaah that's so much fun!
    nothing illegal about it, people put older motors in newer bodies all the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually it is illegal.. But still awesome. Do a google search on the EPA and engine swapping
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this cant be real.. 2JZ does not equal N54.. bring on the haters! haha
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's a "BMW" with one 6.6 @216mph not bad

2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    oh hi guys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostingwild Click here to enlarge
    oh hi guys
    That's all you have to say? Click here to enlarge lol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    nothing illegal about it, people put older motors in newer bodies all the time.
    it's illegal here, impossible to get road registered!

i can't say i understand why you'd want to do the swap.. cool though

track car?

not sure how you'd keep all the OEM comforts working without being able to use the DME?

SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES though. wow.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    2JZ 335i vs LSx M3- I want to see this race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    2JZ 335i vs LSx M3- I want to see this race.
    2jz >

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    2jz >
    Both are capable of insanity, would be good, most cases though you're probably right, 2jz

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Both are capable of insanity, would be good, most cases though you're probably right, 2jz
    If most cases are displacement limited I agree.

But meanwhile in reality...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    E cover turbo? That 2j gonna need more than that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

7 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm going against the grain and saying i hate 2jz's. I don't like anything from Japan in general. At the end of the day yeah it can make power. Its a heavy, primative , iron block 6 cylinder with a head that flows well.

LSx will do anything those can do with lower weight and better weight bias. In fact, as others have said...m52/s50 etc would achieve the same goal. Hell, 15 years ago this may have been a viable option but now its a hell of a lot of work and this motor doesn't deserve the "end all be all" status anymore. Sure back in the day it was capable of a lot and still is, but how many other factory FI'd iron block 6 cylinders were there? 1 that was mainstream, anyway... The rb26. Its just a good formula, not a magic recipe.

I could go on and on but I know I'm gonna get bashed by the fast and furious crowd but I will leave it at this...

A+ for effort, any time somebody does a swap like this it takes an incredible amount of dedication to see it through

At the same time seeing a Japanese engine makes my blood boil

Iron block 6 cylinders do work. The 2jz is not a miracle motor. It is one of the first mainstream ones that was factory FI and flowed well

Running well and putting down the power are 2 different stories. I'm sure it'll drive great with an iron block hanging over the front wheels

4- anger at German car having Japanese engine again. It makes me feel like someone raped my mom

5- if you are in america, you should keep it 'Merican

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's a "BMW" with one 6.6 @216mph not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaAcokUtFYk
    That's how hpf should have built their "drag car"
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    I'm going against the grain and saying i hate 2jz's. I don't like anything from Japan in general. At the end of the day yeah it can make power. Its a heavy, primative , iron block 6 cylinder with a head that flows well.

LSx will do anything those can do with lower weight and better weight bias. In fact, as others have said...m52/s50 etc would achieve the same goal. Hell, 15 years ago this may have been a viable option but now its a hell of a lot of work and this motor doesn't deserve the "end all be all" status anymore. Sure back in the day it was capable of a lot and still is, but how many other factory FI'd iron block 6 cylinders were there? 1 that was mainstream, anyway... The rb26. Its just a good formula, not a magic recipe.

I could go on and on but I know I'm gonna get bashed by the fast and furious crowd but I will leave it at this...

A+ for effort, any time somebody does a swap like this it takes an incredible amount of dedication to see it through

Iron block 6 cylinders do work. The 2jz is not a miracle motor. It is one of the first mainstream ones that was factory FI and flowed well

Running well and putting down the power are 2 different stories. I'm sure it'll drive great with an iron block hanging over the front wheels

4- anger at German car having Japanese engine again. It makes me feel like someone raped my mom

wow! I remember a guy having a pretty similar outlook on keeping things a certain way back in the 30's and 40's...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *Edited* I think it's cool! LOL didn't mean to start a 2JZ vs LSx war. Not like it matters, most already know who would win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, that's very cool. I can't really say i'm surprised considering just how big a PITA the N54 has been for chuck.

I would've gone with 6.0 truck engine with a PT88 but that's just me.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

If most cases are displacement limited I agree.

But meanwhile in reality...
    LOL, I'm a huge fan of LSx motors, and that's what I would I use myself, but you can't deny the achievements of the 2jz, plenty of 1500hp+ cars from each, and not too many other production motors can say they've accomplished that. So i'm not sure which "reality'' you live in

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge

Not bashing your opinion at all but you have the 2jz completely wrong...the heads actually flow horribly which is why guys use NOS when running larger turbos to help it spool quicker and you have to give it up to a motor that's still more than competitive 20 years after it's introduction. There's also that fact that an LSX motor which is 2x the displacement is seen as the only other option...

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL, I'm a huge fan of LSx motors, and that's what I would I use myself, but you can't deny the achievements of the 2jz, plenty of 1500hp+ cars from each, and not too many other production motors can say they've accomplished that. So i'm not sure which "reality'' you live in
    I love the 2JZ don't get me wrong and it's hella impressive indeed. But a 1500hp 2JZ and a 1500hp LSx will be distinctly different cars. What it comes down to though is you build a car for a goal, and in many cases that goal is to be unique. A LSx swap is not very unique. But to say a 2JZ is >, is somewhat inaccurate imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I love the 2JZ don't get me wrong and it's hella impressive indeed. But a 1500hp 2JZ and a 1500hp LSx will be distinctly different cars. What it comes down to though is you build a car for a goal, and in many cases that goal is to be unique. A LSx swap is not very unique. But to say a 2JZ is >, is somewhat inaccurate imo.
    When did I call it unique? It's no way unique, maybe in this car it's unique, but I don't think anyway is calling the motor unique, if anything just opposite, it's proven. Still waiting to hear on why they chose this motor, which is probably going to be size. You're right, two 1500 hp cars with each motor would be different...but that's completely build dependent on what was done to achieve those power levels, you can't assume which would outperform the other just knowing the motor and HP level. Since this thread has a 2jz in it though lets keep it on topic...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ZOMG THE NEXT 2JZ
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When did I call it unique? It's no way unique, maybe in this car it's unique, but I don't think anyway is calling the motor unique, if anything just opposite, it's proven. Still waiting to hear on why they chose this motor, which is probably going to be size. You're right, two 1500 hp cars with each motor would be different...but that's completely build dependent on what was done to achieve those power levels, you can't assume which would outperform the other just knowing the motor and HP level. Since this thread has a 2jz in it though lets keep it on topic...
    Lol man you're the one who said in most cases the 2JZ would be better. I think you're crazy because in any case I can think of it's not "better" and at best it's equal, although the 2JZ is an awesome engine. I would say the exact same thing to anybody saying a 4G63 is better than a 2JZ, although in that case size might be an issue. Compared to a LS, the 2JZ is physically larger (and heavier) in every direction (length, width, height) other than displacement which the LS has more substantially more of. I have a feeling he went with this engine out of a personal preference or goal of some sort and I hope to see some video's of it because motor swaps are always cool. But I agree, lets not get off topic here heh.

My post wasn't to start a "which swap is better" war anyway. But since we always go back and forth N54 335i vs S65 M3, I figured a 2JZ 335i vs LSx M3 would be an interesting race. Just inciting thought was all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    2jz, N54, and LSx cant compete with the S65-DCT-TQ multiplication combination.. its a FACT!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast