Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yeah I can't actually say the usefulness of RT. I've never used it so my comments are tongue in cheek.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have since upgraded my Stock ROM successfully with the surface pro using Winkpf, and successfully read and verified the BIN file with BBFlash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

The Intel vs AMD issues with the flash are really only with k line cars, I suspect any of the new ultrabooks/tablets will work fine with the newer cars. I'll test on my 07 with the new ultrabook/tablet convertible I just ordered whenever it gets in, should be similar to the surface 2. My car is one of the picky ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Hi Guys,

I have owned 4 Surfaces and I want to clear this up before people misunderstand.

1. There are two versions of Windows 8. There is the x86 version and the ARM version (computer processor versus cell phone processor). They look the same and behave almost identically with the exception that ARM versions of Windows 8 allow only apps to be installed and NOT normal Window programs. That is to say you can install the Facebook App from the store, but cannot install AutoCAD from a CD or an online download.

2. The Surface RT and the Surface 2 use the ARM version of Windows 8 previously known as Windows RT. This will not install any of the N54 related software (JB4 interface, bimmerboost, proceed, whatever).

3. The Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 use the x86 version of Windows 8 and thus behave like any other computer out there and can install any Windows program or App.

4. If you want a Windows 8 tablet that can run the existing software you need an x86 processor. Usually this means something big and clunky. With the release of the new Intel Atom Bay Trail processor, this is not so. You can find 8" tablets that will work. Tablets using the Tegra 3 or 4 or the Qualcom Snapdragon will not work. This would work for example: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.288025800

In summary, the software won't work on every surface - only pro models. If you want a small tablet (besides Surface Pro/Pro2) to use with your N54 then you need one powered by an Intel Atom processor. Obviously anything with an Intel Core or AMD laptop/desktop processor will work.
    Thank you for this info! And that lenovo tablet you linked is badass... And a great price. I wish it was out now. I'd like to get something before NFZ so I can use it to log and not have to worry about battery life or carrying around my laptop.
    Click here to enlarge
    460whp/510wtq tuned by Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Depending on what you need, there are some sick hybrids that just hit. If you want an active digitizer for handwriting, you can get the Sony Duo, Sony Vaio Flip (what I just ordered!), the Lenovo Yoga (not the yoga 2 though sadly, but still a 4th gen), and the surface pro 2. If you don't care for an active digitizer and are ok with only capacitive touch, check out the Lenovo Yoga 2. Tablets and ARM processors are going to have a hard time in the next year.

These things last 9 hours, are nearly as powerful as my 2010 gaming i7, and weight like 3lbs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My original Surface Pro (not 2) also works with my JB4, BB flash, WinKFP right out of the box. Needed a Windows XP VM to code stuff like my angel eyes because the SP only runs a 64 bit OS.
    Click here to enlarge2007 E90 335xi AT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Backend Flash (pump gas) | DCI | Alpina TCU SoftwareClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

^Dude, your avatar and signature take creepy to a whole new level.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Holy $#@!. This is a ridiculously good deal. Tablet is only a few months old and retails for $300. I'll see if I can get one for logging and tuner pro.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Make sure it's not a windows RT tablet if you want it for tuning and stuff.

And there is a GREAT use for the windows RT tablets- FREE MS OFFICE! The tablets suck for pretty much anything other than web browsing, e-reading, angry birds, etc... just like any android or ipad... but if you want a super cheap way to get office on the go with long battery life a windows RT tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse can be had for hardly more than the price of a office 2013 box.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Make sure it's not a windows RT tablet if you want it for tuning and stuff.

And there is a GREAT use for the windows RT tablets- FREE MS OFFICE! The tablets suck for pretty much anything other than web browsing, e-reading, angry birds, etc... just like any android or ipad... but if you want a super cheap way to get office on the go with long battery life a windows RT tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse can be had for hardly more than the price of a office 2013 box.
    Ive had 4 Surfaces the ARM ones, s I know and love them. This Dell one is x86 Intel atom though... its full windows and can log and such. Just need an adapter from micro USB to full size USB.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

One of those are mine!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another good tablet to consider is dell latitude or essential they come in xps/st models with full windows 8pro I use it to do logs with my jb4 its great its has a USB flash an hdmi port sd memory slot everything you need for tuning on the go great batteries life up 6 go 8 hours and gets a full charge in one hour I couldn't be happier with this tablet

I was going to post up a link on where to get this tablet but apparently dell has upgraded to a newer tablet called dell venues which is getting good reviews

Here is the link just in case they go on sale again

http://www.dell.com/us/p/deals?~ck=mn#!weekly-deals
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The other sweet part about this tablet is that it charges over USB so you can charge it using the same cable as you do your phone in the car. I won't ever be stranded if I need to retune basically. I suspect Tuner Pro is probably hard to use in touch mode though. Might need some kind of interface device.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Such an awesome buy. Probably should of got 2 or 3. Very quick tablet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Such an awesome buy. Probably should of got 2 or 3. Very quick tablet.
    Very cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a heads up my Surface pro with win8.1 worked perfectly for the flash of my KLine.
    I fed it 15amps during the 55 min read and 40amps during the 10min write.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12