Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Surface 2 Compatability

Not sure if anyone else cares, but for anyone looking to replace their car laptop with a Surface Pro2, I can confirm that the Procede Software, BT Software and BMW Logger Software all work with the device. They all use different cables. BT Cable, OBD2 Cable and Procede USB Cable.

I haven't yet had a chance to test the BBFlash software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hmmm! That's good to know! For as much as I dislike Microsoft products, I might snatch a used Surface and turn it into a portable diagnostics tablet.

Repped!
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

+100 rep to anyone who tries the BB software out with the surface to see if it works. If it doesn't, that will be something added to the list of issues to address once the beta period is officially over.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    +100 rep to anyone who tries the BB software out with the surface to see if it works. If it doesn't, that will be something added to the list of issues to address once the beta period is officially over.
    It works with the Surface Pro. I've used it successfully to read and write files to my DME. Now just waiting to get some files for the 335IS ILA0S software and I'll be all good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 925_335IS Click here to enlarge
    It works with the Surface Pro. I've used it successfully to read and write files to my DME. Now just waiting to get some files for the 335IS ILA0S software and I'll be all good.
    This your first post eh? Here's some rep you must be a lurker.

Someone else confirm if this is correct please.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why wouldn't it work? It's a PC running Windows 8. Unless I'm unaware that BB flash doesn't work on Win8?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't it work? It's a PC running Windows 8. Unless I'm unaware that BB flash doesn't work on Win8?
    You never know man. There's issues between intel and AMD processors even so I just want to make sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You never know man. There's issues between intel and AMD processors even so I just want to make sure.
    True, didn't think about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah first one lol. On here to learn and better myself in the BMW platform and every time I go to post I get lucky enough to jump right into a pissing match so I don't waste the time. But the Pro version does work, I learned the hard way by buying the RT model by accident first. The Pro doesn't leave my car, use it for logging and flashing weekly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 925_335IS Click here to enlarge
    Yeah first one lol. On here to learn and better myself in the BMW platform and every time I go to post I get lucky enough to jump right into a pissing match so I don't waste the time. But the Pro version does work, I learned the hard way by buying the RT model by accident first. The Pro doesn't leave my car, use it for logging and flashing weekly.
    And lurking on BimmerBoost LOL. J.K. Repped you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

.. a what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes it works with me ... I am on surface with windows 8.1 64bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Surface? is this a cable?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    .. a what?
    I'm with you bro...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The Microsoft Surface2 will work BB flash, it's a FULL Windows OS. Its a PC in tablet form with USB support

If the program is written for Windows it will work on the Surface2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm with you bro...
    lol, at least im not a lone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The surface pro 2? or the surface 2 will work also?
    Click here to enlarge
    460whp/510wtq tuned by Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAC335 Click here to enlarge
    any tablet that will run windows 7 or 8 full version will work ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    any tablet that will run windows 7 or 8 full version will work ...
    Surface Pro 2 was all I tested, and not so to it working on any PC with Windows 7. My previous laptop hated BBFlash (W7 Pro), and I eventually established it was the laptop by trying another. Its not always about the operating system, hardware and drivers can play an important part.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hi Guys,

I have owned 4 Surfaces and I want to clear this up before people misunderstand.

1. There are two versions of Windows 8. There is the x86 version and the ARM version (computer processor versus cell phone processor). They look the same and behave almost identically with the exception that ARM versions of Windows 8 allow only apps to be installed and NOT normal Window programs. That is to say you can install the Facebook App from the store, but cannot install AutoCAD from a CD or an online download.

2. The Surface RT and the Surface 2 use the ARM version of Windows 8 previously known as Windows RT. This will not install any of the N54 related software (JB4 interface, bimmerboost, proceed, whatever).

3. The Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 use the x86 version of Windows 8 and thus behave like any other computer out there and can install any Windows program or App.

4. If you want a Windows 8 tablet that can run the existing software you need an x86 processor. Usually this means something big and clunky. With the release of the new Intel Atom Bay Trail processor, this is not so. You can find 8" tablets that will work. Tablets using the Tegra 3 or 4 or the Qualcom Snapdragon will not work. This would work for example: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.288025800

In summary, the software won't work on every surface - only pro models. If you want a small tablet (besides Surface Pro/Pro2) to use with your N54 then you need one powered by an Intel Atom processor. Obviously anything with an Intel Core or AMD laptop/desktop processor will work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAC335 Click here to enlarge
    No. Only apps from the store are compatible with Surface RT or Surface 2.

As I side note, I loved the Surface RT and the Surface 2 now. I highly recommend people look into them if you can live without traditional desktop programs but still want to be able to do work (Office/Outlook/Word/Excel/etc).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Maybe they should put a windows emulator inside windows RT. About the only way to make it useful again Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

i'm such a jackass. i was still under the impression that i needed windows 7. i actually called best buy and asked if they had any laptops left with windows 7 and they laughed at me. I know nothing about computers. I guess now there is no excuse to not try this software

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    i'm such a jackass. i was still under the impression that i needed windows 7. i actually called best buy and asked if they had any laptops left with windows 7 and they laughed at me. I know nothing about computers. I guess now there is no excuse to not try this software
    Windows 8 is worse than Obama's re-election. You should have just laughed back at them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Maybe they should put a windows emulator inside windows RT. About the only way to make it useful again Click here to enlarge
    I'd love an emulator, but I disagree about Windows RT being useless. I love it actually. Basically full Windows on ARM processor. There are really only a few things you can't install and they aren't things you'd typically need on a tablet with the exception of N54 stuff. In that case... just get an Intel Atom tablet. They are like $200-300. The tablet + BT cable is cheaper than a COBB lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast