Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Snail Click here to enlarge
    After speaking with vishnu i am told the only thing left to do really is start doing all the maintenance on the car to get the car to perform optimally. They state there was a timing drop in the log but it recovers (im no tuning expert so its hard for me to judge if this is ok or not). They suggest that the wavy afr and fuel trims are due having stock 53k mile injectors, coils, and O2 sensors that could probably use changing. This is disappointing because i had planned to run e85 next summer and i am now unsure if that is a good idea.
    Before spending $ on maintenance try an other tune to rule out the biggest unknown . Try a BB flash (free if you have/borrow a BT cable) or try a JB4 (BMS has a 14d return policy so this could be done free as well).

The issues you describe is not uncommon for Proceed users, others has had happy cars once running Cobb/JB4 instead.

I'm not saying Proceed is bad, just that it is what it is (some electronics trying to fool your DME done by a very small company, same goes for JB4 but it seems more robust).
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im kind of at a loss at this point. The season is over for me in respect to driving my car as it is my weekend / random evening toy and there are onlu a few weeks left before my summer tires will need to be removed. I decided to post up the logs to see if i was getting the most out of my tuning purchase after being told in August I was "good to go and enjoy the car" I really want to run E85 next spring (40-50%) but idk if that will be possible being i apparently cant even dial in my pump gas tune. kind of disappointing to say the least. I expressed this to vishnu in an email, ill wait to here what they say, I'm really hoping i dont have to take a loss and switch tuning companies. Its not that i mind switching, i dont play into the drama, i just dont want to lose 3-400 on the sale of my procede and have to start all over again dialing in a 93 pump tune and then e85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Richen all 3,000-5500 RPM OL Fueling table values by 2. (use control to select multiple cells and pgup/pgdn).

Below (goodfuel) is what you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As a separate note, if I were buying a tuning solution today it would probably be the JB4 + G5 ISO. That said I dont think that the procede is inferior, it's just that the aftermarket support isn't where it is on the JB4. You're going to see all the domination occur w/ single turbo'd n54s running JB4s. That being said once you get familiar with the 'cede and how to tune it you'll do just as well as the JB guys.

Combine your 'cede purchase with the single vin BT cable so that you can flash your ECU and you're set. In addition to that flash and some procede tune manipulation you should be golden.

Adding a 150$ booster pump will be probably all you need to do for your higher concentrations of E85...
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im kind of at a loss at this point. The season is over for me in respect to driving my car as it is my weekend / random evening toy and there are onlu a few weeks left before my summer tires will need to be removed. I decided to post up the logs to see if i was getting the most out of my tuning purchase after being told in August I was "good to go and enjoy the car" I really want to run E85 next spring (40-50%) but idk if that will be possible being i apparently cant even dial in my pump gas tune. kind of disappointing to say the least. I expressed this to vishnu in an email, ill wait to here what they say, I'm really hoping i dont have to take a loss and switch tuning companies. Its not that i mind switching, i dont play into the drama, i just dont want to lose 3-400 on the sale of my procede and have to start all over again dialing in a 93 pump tune and then e85.
    Don't get discouraged, man. It's an iterative process. Make some changes to your fueling tables and see how the car responds.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Don't get discouraged, man. It's an iterative process. Make some changes to your fueling tables and see how the car responds.
    Im not but, basically i am taking all of the advice i get on here and relaying it to vishnu.... being when i send them a map they say looks good Click here to enlarge but numerous other people including procede user read my logs and say there is definitely some issues that could use adjustmentClick here to enlarge... What is discouraging is the fact that im getting support (1 day reply time) from vishnu, but its hasn't really helped as much as id like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sell that till there is some value left... Considering how things are going u are better off changing tune...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not but, basically i am taking all of the advice i get on here and relaying it to vishnu.... being when i send them a map they say looks good Click here to enlarge but numerous other people including procede user read my logs and say there is definitely some issues that could use adjustmentClick here to enlarge... What is discouraging is the fact that im getting support (1 day reply time) from vishnu, but its hasn't really helped as much as id like.
    See that's your problem. Take the advice the community gives you and tune the car yourself. If you are unsure about how to do something, there are numerous knowledgeable people here that will be willing to help you.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu is not even giving support for OFT u can imagine on procede...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am giving vishnu every chance to keep my business, i am going to follow their instructions and if they cannot tune their own product then that will be all she wrote. In an email i just received from them, they believe there is no tuning issue and that a good place to start would be by replacing my o2 sensors to alleviate my afr and fuel trim waviness. . i replied mentioning the above mentioned fuel adjustments, and am currently waiting on a response.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am giving vishnu every chance to keep my business
    Well there's your mistake.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol the typical hardware fault .... Its the tune. Before changing hardware test a different tune.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His logs are fine, his car is running well.
    He could adjust his fueling up in the areas that I specified and overall increase his Open Loop user adjustable scalar until open loop logs were closer to 0%. All in all he's not hitting the fueling ceiling so it's still fine.
    He could use new injectors in the next 1-2 years or try an additive injector cleaner, they are probably starting to wear a bit...
    He could use the BT cable to improve things, and this is suggested before e85 concentrations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do what uniter said and adjust fueling a bit, and it couldn't hurt to lower boost slightly and up ign. correction to 100 and re-log.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    His logs are fine, his car is running well.
    He could adjust his fueling up in the areas that I specified and overall increase his Open Loop user adjustable scalar until open loop logs were closer to 0%. All in all he's not hitting the fueling ceiling so it's still fine.
    He could use new injectors in the next 1-2 years or try an additive injector cleaner, they are probably starting to wear a bit...
    He could use the BT cable to improve things, and this is suggested before e85 concentrations.
    The thing that stands out to me is he is having timing corrections at IATs of 80 degrees F and his AFRs are a bit high. On a hot day I'm sure the timing would look much worse.

I'm sure he could drive and enjoy the car in it's current state. I just don't think the tuning is completely done yet.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Do what uniter said and adjust fueling a bit, and it couldn't hurt to lower boost slightly and up ign. correction to 100 and re-log.
    settings are listed in post #21

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

People are dis-incentivized from helping you if you don't follow advice well Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    People are dis-incentivized from helping you if you don't follow advice well Click here to enlarge
    Don't worry I will be taking your advice that I appreciate and relogging this weekend to report backClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Lol the typical hardware fault .... Its the tune. Before changing hardware test a different tune.
    It's actually sad but every time I had an issue, it was always my cars fault. I have the oft and procede still. When I ran procede alone, is misfire at top of 3rd or 4th. It was my coils, my spark plugs, injectors, fuel, etc..
    i took my car to BMW (with fbo) and let them test. No issues. Put jb4 and no issues at all. Procede and I start misfiring again.
    I was misfiring with procede recently but had no issues running stage1 oft flash. Ran stage1 oft with procede for meth and no problems. It's definitely tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Mr.Snail, in conjunction with @uniters approch to increase certain OL cells, bump up your OL fueling scaler from 75 to 90. Re-log, then we will adjust your piggy AFR bias tables after ensuring that trims are being reduced. As far as your timing goes, I'm pretty sure it's an adaptation thing. Most newcomers don't realize the importance of resetting adaptations after a tune change, running 3-4 (Personally I do 6-8) HARD and WOT pulls in 3rd gear, and THEN taking a log. Some "dirty timing" logs can be cleaned up simply by adapting correctly. We're happy to help, just keep in mind that many of us have run piggys previously and we generally provide better support than vishnu, so it is important to listen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    @Mr.Snail, in conjunction with @uniters approch to increase certain OL cells, bump up your OL fueling scaler from 75 to 90. Re-log, then we will adjust your piggy AFR bias tables after ensuring that trims are being reduced. As far as your timing goes, I'm pretty sure it's an adaptation thing. Most newcomers don't realize the importance of resetting adaptations after a tune change, running 3-4 (Personally I do 6-8) HARD and WOT pulls in 3rd gear, and THEN taking a log. Some "dirty timing" logs can be cleaned up simply by adapting correctly. We're happy to help, just keep in mind that many of us have run piggys previously and we generally provide better support than vishnu, so it is important to listen.
    Thank you, and yea @jpsimon had also mentioned resetting my adaptations, i plan to do all of this on saturday, take the car out and re logg. I will be sure to get back to everyone to finish dialing in my tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the delay, i got rained out last weekend. With the day off i got two 3rd gear logs after changing the OL scaler to 90, upping the 3,000-5500 RPM OL Fueling table values by 2, and resetting all my adaptations.

http://www.datazap.me/u/mrsnail/11-11-13-data-file2

http://www.datazap.me/u/mrsnail/11-11-13-data-file3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump up those cells again by another 2 points; increase OL to 95%. Also, you may want to consider using a lesser stage timing curve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Tzu: Did you notice the difference between bank 1 vs bank 2 OL fueling? http://www.datazap.me/u/mrsnail/11-1...file2?1-5-9-10 & http://www.datazap.me/u/mrsnail/11-1...file2?1-5-9-10

AFAIK this is indicative of one failing injector. (And general age in all the other injectors.) Concur?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It could be, best way to find out is to swap banks. I'm hesitant to recommend everyone begin replacing injectors due to small variances. Bank to bank differences could be caused by airflow differences from bank to bank, DME corrections and LTFTs, O2 sensors, and changing my injectors did nothing to solve that. Since OP is on pump gas, I suggest he just try to bring them down to below 25, or flash to bring them below ~10ish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast