Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Exterior and interior pictures of the 2014 BMW F22 M235i leak early plus specs - 3207 pound curb weight

The official reveal is set for tomorrow but the internet beats BMW to the punch yet again. Not the highest quality photos but it looks like someone was able to sneak out with some pictures of the M235i. The car will have 322 horsepower from the well known N55 inline-6 turbocharged and direct injected 3.0 liter six-cylinder. How about the curb weight? A lightweight (for todays BMW) 3207 pounds making this potentially one of the best drivers cars in the BMW lineup.

BMW knows their main competition is the CLA45 AMG for this model so it will be an interesting showdown with the all wheel drive and dual clutch Benz. The M235i is rear wheel drive and available with a 6-speed manual transmission so will it be the car that is more fun to drive? Time will tell. Expect more details after the official reveal tomorrow. For now enjoy the pictures and details below.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesomeness!!

Can't wait to see the specs of the M2. My next car. Would be awesome if it got a detuned version of the S55, but I could live with an N54 as well Click here to enlarge

Finally a real driver's BMW again!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A 52 liter fuel tank for this car is not even funny.
    It's highly inadequate.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gotta agree. Even 63 liters is borderline. Doubtful that BMW will change that for the M version Click here to enlarge
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    A 52 liter fuel tank for this car is not even funny.
    It's highly inadequate.
    BMW for some reason gives the cars too small of a tank. I don't understand it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    some more (a german newspaper released them too early already today, the page is offline again but someone was faster in downloading all the images (not me)).:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by cisi; 10-24-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come on... embed the images:

Edited: Good job @cisi now here's some rep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh im in love. Cant wait for the ///M version
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice looking car. Doesn't look like there's as much gap between wheel and fender as there is on the new 335's.

I know some people haven't enjoyed the new body style BMW is putting out, but it has grown on me quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice, this is how the 1 M coupe should have looked!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Oh im in love. Cant wait for the ///M version
    The question is will there be an M version?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The question is will there be an M version?
    Pretty sure BMW will do an M version just like they did with the 135i aka the 1M. If not it doesnt matter, Get the 235i and do slight widebody by 1-2 inches. perfect.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure BMW will do an M version just like they did with the 135i aka the 1M. If not it doesnt matter, Get the 235i and do slight widebody by 1-2 inches. perfect.
    But the M235i essentially is the same thing as a 1M. Some different bodywork, non-M motor, manual, rear wheel drive, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But the M235i essentially is the same thing as a 1M. Some different bodywork, non-M motor, manual, rear wheel drive, etc.
    Yes But an M version would mean wider body at the least, which i love. I never cared much for the 135i but when the 1M came out i couldn't stop staring.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes But an M version would mean wider body at the least, which i love. I never cared much for the 135i but when the 1M came out i couldn't stop staring.
    So a bodykit and an ecu tune? If they call that an M car again I'll punch babies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So a bodykit and an ecu tune? If they call that an M car again I'll punch babies.
    No need to turn every thread into an ///M crusade.

The 1M was the best thing since sliced bread in BMW's lineup for the past years.

Nevertheless I predict the M2 will follow the M4's lead and be way more Motorsports oriented than the "parts bin", as you say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    No need to turn every thread into an ///M crusade.

The 1M was the best thing since sliced bread in BMW's lineup for the past years.

Nevertheless I predict the M2 will follow the M4's lead and be way more Motorsports oriented than the "parts bin", as you say.
    It's an M crusade to mention what an M car is supposed to be and what one isn't?

The 1M was an excellent way to water down the M name. It isn't an M car and I'll never acknowledge it as such. It was a slap in the face.

I'm all about your predictions. I really listen to them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's an M crusade to mention what an M car is supposed to be and what one isn't?

The 1M was an excellent way to water down the M name. It isn't an M car and I'll never acknowledge it as such. It was a slap in the face.

I'm all about your predictions. I really listen to them.
    I can even tell you why: Right now BMW has no match for the Mercedes AMG 45 in its lineup. In the past, ever since the E30 M3, it was just the opposite.

Mercedes stood for comfort, Audi for comfort + a bit of sportyness and BMW for sports + a little comfort.

It looks like BMW HQ has finally woken up and decided to put things straight again. The success of the 1M (even if you don't like it) showed BMW that there is a market right there, waiting to be feeded. A market below the E92 M3 which has gotten too big, fat, thirsty and expensive for many.

So believe me, the M2 will be a HUGE success and the favorite toy for trackday enthusiasts in a couple years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can even tell you why: Right now BMW has no match for the Mercedes AMG 45 in its lineup. In the past, ever since the E30 M3, it was just the opposite.
    I don't think you know your history as if you did you would have never just stated Mercedes has no match for the E30 M3. One of the most famous DTM battles of all time took place with Mercedes answer to the E30 M3.

The M235i is aimed at the CLA as it sits. I don't mind an M2 but it better be a real M2 then. BMW has not announced anything in this regard and nothing has been testing so it seems the M235i is currently the answer to the CLA45 AMG.

A market below the E92 M3 which has gotten too big, fat, thirsty and expensive for many.
    Too expensive is a good thing as it keeps a distance between the 335 people and the people who can afford an M. An M is supposed to be exclusive or did you and BMW forget that?

So believe me, the M2 will be a HUGE success and the favorite toy for trackday enthusiasts in a couple years.
    There is no M2 so it's all just speculation based on nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the M2 should be:

Revitalized S54 making 350-375hp, NA
    150lb drop in weight
    6mt
    rear lsd
    sport tuned suspension
    Upgraded brakes, carbon ceramic optional
    wide lightweight wheels
    widebody kit with aero, etc

I'll eat my hat if they actually do anything near all of this.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    But the S65 is lighter and can do 500 NA...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But the S65 is lighter and can do 500 NA...
    Right, but there's no way they will do anything that good. Nobody would buy an M4 or M6 with that kind of a rocket available in the 2.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Right, but there's no way they will do anything that good. Nobody would buy an M4 or M6 with that kind of a rocket available in the 2.
    There's no way they will do anything as good as what you suggested either... if we're dreaming, hey Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the M2 should be:

150lb drop in weight
    6mt
    rear lsd
    sport tuned suspension
    Upgraded brakes, carbon ceramic optional
    wide lightweight wheels
    widebody kit with aero, etc

I'll eat my hat if they actually do anything near all of this.
    Pretty sure we'll get everything of this, except for a NA engine. Emissions regulations killed that for us Click here to enlarge

And no need for carbon ceramic brakes. These are just overpriced pieces of marketing crap. If you need these to keep weight down, you designed the car wrong. I can see them as a prestige item on supercars, but not on everyday sports cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast