Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    345.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No

    Rb turbo or vargas stg2?

    they look identical to me, but vargas stg 2 has gtx wheel option, is it gonna make more power than rb at 21psi, r they able to hit 530-540 rwhp with the gtx wheels?

    im confused which one to order rb or vargas?

    what's the max boost the vargas stg2 can handle with gtx wheels? can it hit 23psi?

    in brief which turbo will make more power vargas or rb?

    any dyno sheets for vargas hitting +500rwhp with jb4 or any tune?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,885
    Rep Points
    31,814.5
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    RB vs VTT will be the next M3 vs N54!

    OP: search a bit and start with researching which turbo kit is actually available.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    345.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    RB vs VTT will be the next M3 vs N54!

    OP: search a bit and start with researching which turbo kit is actually available.
    both available in their website.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Australia, Darwin
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    75.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Everybody is waiting for the outcome of Vargas Vs RB's.
    I have taken interest in the last 3 months and we just have to wait.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, if your goal is 500whp+ and never having to worry about smoking/reliability issues then hybrid turbos are not the way to go(regardless of brand.) If you're serious about a 550whp setup then you have to go to a setup that completely ditches the stock turbos.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    both available in their website.
    but not for real, just wait for the VTT's dyno numbers, should be very soon...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    The GTX-style extended tip wheels with the alloy thrust parts should make the Vargas Stage 2 build 2 better than the RB's, but that's on paper. If I was in the market, I would try to hold out a bit longer to see results from the second round of Vargas turbos before making a purchase.
    Eppur si muove.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    15
    Rep Points
    39.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    both available in their website.
    RB Turbo's website is not advertising the N55 turbo upgrade as being for sale. The website is advertising the N54 upgrade.

    Rob from RB is looking to have a prototype setup on vehicle by end of year for testing purposes.

    I personally am waiting to see the performance outcome of both setups. I can't wait to upgrade my F30 335i turbo. Hopefully both products will come out with solid results before tax time, early 2014.
    Last edited by cj2; 10-24-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: misspelled word

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    345.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cj2 Click here to enlarge
    RB Turbo's website is not advertising the N55 turbo upgrade as being for sale. The website is advertising the N54 upgrade.

    Rob from RB is looking to have a prototype setup on vehicle by end of year for testing purposes.

    I personally am waiting to see the performance outcome of both setups. I can't wait to upgrade my F30 335i turbo. Hopefully both products will come out with solid results before tax time, early 2014.
    im asking for the n54

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    345.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    can some one tell what r the parts included with the RB turbo?

    the price is 3600$, does the gaskets and the necessary parts for installation included?

    tomorrow ill order them Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    can some one tell what r the parts included with the RB turbo?

    the price is 3600$, does the gaskets and the necessary parts for installation included?

    tomorrow ill order them Click here to enlarge
    Rob used to have a list of stuff you needed to get from BMW when mounting his turbos i.e. this was not included. I would call/email Rob and check before ordering anything.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    345.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Rob used to have a list of stuff you needed to get from BMW when mounting his turbos i.e. this was not included. I would call/email Rob and check before ordering anything.
    why they should come with the kit, what about vargas?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,931
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    why they should come with the kit, what about vargas?
    I am on the list for the Batch 2's from Vargas, I ordered a turbo install kit from ECStuning, I got the genuine BMW kit, probably a few extra parts but ellwell...the list comes to about $200 if you part out the list. I forget the thread but someone was kind enough to make the list in a car on ECS and post the link somewhere. I do believe this would also be necessary for RB.

    Honestly at this point, you'd probably get turbos quicker from taking a Stage 2 spot for sale from someone waiting on Vargas as he should have dyno's by the end of the week and should start shipping next week unless another hiccup. Rob has posted he's struggling to keep up right now, so not sure what his lead time is. IMO well worth the wait for a week or even 2-3 weeks to see some results from Vargas. You will not receive turbos from RB before the results are shown from the Vargas sets....I'm pretty confident about that.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    345.6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I am on the list for the Batch 2's from Vargas, I ordered a turbo install kit from ECStuning, I got the genuine BMW kit, probably a few extra parts but ellwell...the list comes to about $200 if you part out the list. I forget the thread but someone was kind enough to make the list in a car on ECS and post the link somewhere. I do believe this would also be necessary for RB.

    Honestly at this point, you'd probably get turbos quicker from taking a Stage 2 spot for sale from someone waiting on Vargas as he should have dyno's by the end of the week and should start shipping next week unless another hiccup. Rob has posted he's struggling to keep up right now, so not sure what his lead time is. IMO well worth the wait for a week or even 2-3 weeks to see some results from Vargas. You will not receive turbos from RB before the results are shown from the Vargas sets....I'm pretty confident about that.
    is stg2b2 with GTX wheel and stg1b1 without ?
    does vargas offer the necessary parts with the kit, or should i order them?

    i don't know why they don't post what's included with the kit Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    A huge part of making the hp you want is going to be in the tune. Both of these turbo options are great and probably have the potential to get you at/near where you want to be. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Tuning is what you should be most concerned about IMHO.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,885
    Rep Points
    31,814.5
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    A huge part of making the hp you want is going to be in the tune. Both of these turbo options are great and probably have the potential to get you at/near where you want to be. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Tuning is what you should be most concerned about IMHO.
    It's hard to deal with a thread that has logic sprinkled in around here.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's hard to deal with a thread that has logic sprinkled in around here.
    Lol I try
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,931
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    is stg2b2 with GTX wheel and stg1b1 without ?
    does vargas offer the necessary parts with the kit, or should i order them?

    i don't know why they don't post what's included with the kit Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 Batch 2 has the GTX wheel option, it's $400 for the option. Makes the turbos $3200 total, both kits are the turbos only, they are stock frame, so all of the stock piping works, not like most kits where custom piping is necessary. Turbo install kit is required for either turbo option ($200-300).

    As stated tuning will be needed, probably want to look into working with either PTF or @Terry@BMS for tuning as they have really led the way on stage 2 tuning.

    EDIT: Correct, batch 1 did not have the GTX wheel option, but you can't get batch 1 anymore, that's old news. It's either stage 1 or stage 2 which is in its current revision called batch 2
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,094
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    i say go with who ever has the least down time
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    412
    Rep Points
    518.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Lol I try
    The most important topic this thread has raised is who is that in your sig line? And do you have more pics?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    The most important topic this thread has raised is who is that in your sig line? And do you have more pics?
    http://theworstdrug.com/25 I've been trying to find out who this woman is for a while now. When I do find out I'm going to marry her.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,201
    Rep Points
    1,800.5
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cj2 Click here to enlarge
    I personally am waiting to see the performance outcome of both setups. I can't wait to upgrade my F30 335i turbo. Hopefully both products will come out with solid results before tax time, early 2014.
    You've got a long time to wait then, because until you get a flash tune to adjust your fueling/ignition timing/VANOS tables. Look at the piggy backs on the N54, COBB ProTuning really illustrated how much potential a stock turbo N54 has on just pump gas, and it's all because of the adjustments that I mentioned above.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You've got a long time to wait then, because until you get a flash tune to adjust your fueling/ignition timing/VANOS tables. Look at the piggy backs on the N54, COBB ProTuning really illustrated how much potential a stock turbo N54 has on just pump gas, and it's all because of the adjustments that I mentioned above.
    I couldn't rep you so I quoted for truth.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •