Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question CMGS VC2 Controller+ FSB/JB4 setup

What's going on everybody?
    I have a couple of questions regarding the Coolingmist CMGS Auto Learn methanol system, FSB, JB4, and the VC2 Contoller (Gauge). I had a friend trouble shoot my car today because, in the past, I wasn't getting the required boost according to map 3(17-18 psi), instead I was getting map 1 stock boost readings of 13psi, using 50/50 to 100% methanol. In which, I believe caused me to have one of my turbos go bad, due to bad settings or something. Today we finally opened everything up to make sure the FSB was connected correctly, checked the jb4, and everything else. At the time when I did have the system running, I remember having the settings for the meth boost additive set to either 30 or 40 and the meth flow scale set to 100, according to an old post (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=159161). I've recently went to the Burger Tuning website and downloaded the pdf file for their ww methanol kit and according to those settings I should have had the meth boost additive set to 40 and the meth flow scale set to 60. But the problem I'm running into, what should I have the VC2 controller set to? It doesn't start injecting methanol until you set the Min. and Max. settings. At the time I remember having the minimum setting set to 4 psi and the maximum set to 18psi, which I wasn't getting anything close to. It seemed when I had it on map 3, the car would seem to choke out as if it's trying to go faster, but it couldn't. But when I set it to map 5 I was still only getting 15psi, which I was getting anyways before I had the methanol kit setup. I finally tested out map 7 and I was getting 17psi according to my P3 gauge but I'm not sure if that was safe or not, just the fact that map 7 was meant for race gas. Long story short, for those that have the kit, what should I set my min. and max. settings to in order to get the required boost? Is map 5 or 7 ok for what I'm doing or should I use map 3, even though I wasn't getting the required psi in the past? I haven't tested the car today, due to the time and having a bad turbo, but I will try to get a log tomorrow without going over board just to check.
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why are you running VC2 and FSB?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's the way the kit came (http://www.topgearsolutions.com/cmbmwaun.html)
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The op hurts my eyes.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Noob question, but was does OP mean?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    Noob question, but was does OP mean?
    Original Post / Original Poster

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale