Close

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 1130
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    86.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    the difference is, as the shiv claims, is that his customers dont do drag racing, they just want smooth performance and dont have time to post results and rae videos ect.. where-as JB customer are adrenaline junkies and post everything and and actually race.. so the benefit is that we will finally see these 570-700hp cars run
    +100

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Points
    2,654.3
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Why don't you make a thread. You could put it in Advanced Tech or something. call it "variable cam phase tuning for turbocharged engines".
    I will definitely make one. I'll write it up when I get a chance. I'll trace out the loads and stuff on them too so it's easier to follow. Look for it in a few days.

    Also, on the subject of turbo flange styles, twinscroll t4 > v-band for both spool and power. V-bands only advantage is convenience and ease of turbo removal / swapping.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,556.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    I will definitely make one. I'll write it up when I get a chance. I'll trace out the loads and stuff on them too so it's easier to follow. Look for it in a few days.
    Cool. Cam phasing and its effect on the turbos has been an area I have been trying to learn more about.
    Eppur si muove.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Points
    2,205.8
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    7 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Thumbs down

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Nothing to do with you... The new Honda Civic AKA the BMW N54 and the the crowd it seems to be bringing lately are getting a little old.
    Dude, you keep digging deeper into that hole every time you post.
    Change is constant

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Points
    2,205.8
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    I will definitely make one. I'll write it up when I get a chance. I'll trace out the loads and stuff on them too so it's easier to follow. Look for it in a few days.

    Also, on the subject of turbo flange styles, twinscroll t4 > v-band for both spool and power. V-bands only advantage is convenience and ease of turbo removal / swapping.
    Interesting. It'd be nice to see some dyno comparisons.
    Change is constant

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    482
    Rep Points
    368.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Terry@BMS u will go to NFZ with the 135i?

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,952
    Rep Points
    2,548.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Nothing to do with you... The new Honda Civic AKA the BMW N54 and the the crowd it seems to be bringing lately are getting a little old.
    You may want to stick with industrial turbochargers then. There are a lot worse platforms to be associated with such as EVOs, STIs, SRT4, etc. the people here are smarter and more helpful than any other platform I've looked into.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    and people wonder why its FFTEC lol...

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    You guys can be frustrating. Just try to be positive as it only benefits everyone. Give it a rest.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,952
    Rep Points
    2,548.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I like Tony. I just think that was a pretty dumb and insulting thing to say.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    76
    Rep Points
    127.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Dude, you keep digging deeper into that hole every time you post.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I like Tony. I just think that was a pretty dumb and insulting thing to say.
    I wanted to rep but can't. I agree with these statements. Disrespectful to two entire communities.
    08 335XI AT - 11.762 @ 118.40 (WRECKED)
    09 335i xDrive AT - STOCK

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by knissel Click here to enlarge
    I wanted to rep but can't. I agree with these statements. Disrespectful to two entire communities.
    I'd get fed up with you guys too. The constant nagging, complaining, blah blah blah.

    "Why haven't you done what nobody is doing faster? Why not this? Why not that? Why doesn't my cat like me? Blah blah blah"
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,952
    Rep Points
    2,548.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Yes Reputation No
    That's just parts of the car forum world. I don't see English Racing or ETS or others on forums arguing and insulting potential customers. They let their products and world records speak for themselves. I'd love to be Tonys PR guy. I think I could help his image lol.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Points
    -26.0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by knissel Click here to enlarge
    I wanted to rep but can't. I agree with these statements. Disrespectful to two entire communities.
    I find it funny that he talks down a platform that earns his company revenue. Doesn't make sense to me but it's not my business I'm hurting.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,218
    Rep Points
    9,356.3
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    Terry@BMS u will go to NFZ with the 135i?
    Probably the E92 but I'll take whatever car is ready or both if they are both ready.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Probably the E92 but I'll take whatever car is ready or both if they are both ready.
    BMS vs. BMS... I want to see that!

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,218
    Rep Points
    9,356.3
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The E92 doesn't stand a chance against the 135i even if its making 100rw more. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    482
    Rep Points
    368.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The E92 doesn't stand a chance against the 135i even if its making 100rw more. Click here to enlarge
    6466 335i vs 135i 5858
    6MT vs 6AT
    plz make it happen, then ill choose what turbo to buy Click here to enlarge

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,952
    Rep Points
    2,548.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    6466 335i vs 135i 5858
    6MT vs 6AT
    plz make it happen, then ill choose what turbo to buy Click here to enlarge
    This would make for a very interesting comparison. Single scroll vs Twin, AT vs MT, big turbo vs small, 135i AT with less HP vs 335i MT with more. I'm def in to see this.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DC/MD/NOVA
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    318.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This would make for a very interesting comparison. Single scroll vs Twin, AT vs MT, big turbo vs small, 135i AT with less HP vs 335i MT with more. I'm def in to see this.
    I think the weight reduction in the 135i will give it the edge. Still would make a sweet video.
    11.76 @ 124 (123.9) full weight e92 335i, street tires, no meth.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Get a good 6mt driver
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #147
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    29.5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Get a good 6mt driver
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Get a good 6mt driver
    LOL someone out there neg repping me hard haha cheers
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Points
    46.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nobody with their kits has the hardware to drag race them. Captain insano from what I have gathered is way to busy with work and has to still pick up his finished car. FFtec is always slammed with customers and they work all day and night from what I see when I am there bugging them. I have the hardware but my car is cursed and terry told me I bought the wrong rear end. My car has the 62 though not the 6466 twin scroll. I have been trying tooth and nail to get this thing to the drag strip but something always gives the day before. I literally fixed my 2step and NLS last night, threw drag radials on and was going to test n tune today with 10's in mind. However last night omw home the car decided to die once again.

    My car made 508 rwhp on their dyno (mustang) with boost around 22-23 because of safety. Supposedly they said my valves were lifting but I have a sneaking suspicion that my HPFP was going out, causing dead spot up top, and long cranks for the last month. I am hoping that is what killed the car last night. I can't get it to throw any codes except lean mixture here and there. I am taking the car to my shop today to try and solve the problem.

    The hardware on these kits is amazing. The fab guy is brilliant and engineers things beautifully. I am not biased, I am a lone wolf when it comes to this stuff. I despise certain people who refuse to ever get back to me though or answer any questions. I will never lie or exaggerate for or against anyone. I only go of evidence based facts.

    I have yet to pull apart the old motor which failed on cylinder 1 and 6 to see exactly what failed but will be picking it up shortly to pull apart. I will post pictures and the data logs so you can decided for yourself. I believe it was a combination plate though of clogged cats, rushed tuning without data logging at shift sector, and me driving the piss out of it with boost around 24 lbs on 100 octane.

    I think this kit is amazing and with the ability to flash the stock ecu it should make things much more reliable/easier. I do however know of two issues that still have yet to be resolved completely holding the motor back from its true potential. If these two issues get resolved these cars will break MANY hearts.
    Last edited by Hausofboost; 10-26-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: clearing

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    331
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hausofboost Click here to enlarge
    Nobody with their kits has the hardware to drag race them. Captain insano from what I have gathered is way to busy with work and has to still pick up his finished car. FFtec is always slammed with customers and they work all day and night from what I see when I am there bugging them. I have the hardware but my car is cursed and terry told me I bought the wrong rear end. My car has the 62 though not the 6466 twin scroll. I have been trying tooth and nail to get this thing to the drag strip but something always gives the day before. I literally fixed my 2step and NLS last night, threw drag radials on and was going to test n tune today with 10's in mind. However last night omw home the car decided to die once again.

    My car made 508 rwhp on their dyno (mustang) with boost around 22-23 because of safety. Supposedly they said my valves were lifting but I have a sneaking suspicion that my HPFP was going out, causing dead spot up top, and long cranks for the last month. I am hoping that is what killed the car last night. I can't get it to throw any codes except lean mixture here and there. I am taking the car to my shop today to try and solve the problem.

    The hardware on these kits is amazing. The fab guy is brilliant and engineers things beautifully. I am not biased, I am a lone wolf when it comes to this stuff. I despise certain people who refuse to ever get back to me though or answer any questions. I will never lie or exaggerate for or against anyone. I only go of evidence based facts.

    I have yet to pull apart the old motor to see exactly what failed but will be picking it up shortly to pull apart. I will post pictures and the data logs so you can decided for yourself.

    I think this kit is amazing and with the ability to flash the stock ecu it should make things much more reliable/easier. I do however know of two issues that still have yet to be resolved completely holding the motor back from its true potential. If these two issues get resolved these cars will break MANY hearts.
    well, what are these two issues?

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •