Close

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Our cars may be getting done around the same time. How interesting would that be?

BimmerBoost has the capability of doing a proper single turbo N54 versus built motor S65 comparison.

Times are changing and it's all coming together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Our cars may be getting done around the same time. How interesting would that be?

BimmerBoost has the capability of doing a proper single turbo N54 versus built motor S65 comparison.

Times are changing and it's all coming together.
    Wonder what the price difference is between the single turbo N54 versus built motor S65.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Wonder what the price difference is between the single turbo N54 versus built motor S65.
    About what it should be considering the performance difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Depends on what build motor your talking about. If it is Sticky's than you can't really compare, his is unique and one of a kind. But if where talking built VT3 supercharged ESS vs Stock N54 motor with single turbo then my guess is 10-15k difference maybe more.
    N54 stock motor single turbo vs S65 Built motor supercharger should be a good run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    N54 stock motor single turbo vs S65 Built motor supercharger should be a good run.
    Sure it will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Sure it will.
    Pretty sure it was already proven it was a good run at one of the last events. Why you continue to ass $#@! the S65 every chance you get is actually pretty funny at this point. By definition a good run is a close race no matter who wins. I remember seeing very close races between ST N54's and SC S65's at the last event. So yes it should actually be a good run, and that its even in the same ballpark and not getting stomped by 5-10 cars for 10-15K less makes a pretty bold statement for the people looking for bang for the buck, not just holding onto some undying M badge infatuation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure it was already proven it was a good run at one of the last events. Why you continue to ass $#@! the S65 every chance you get is actually pretty funny at this point.
    Tony, you're welcome to race. It isn't a good race. It won't be a good race.

All that was proven at the last event is my car on low boost was 10+ mph ahead of any N54 anything. That's just how it was.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    By definition a good run is a close race no matter who wins. I remember seeing very close races between ST N54's and SC S65's at the last event. So yes it should actually be a good run
    Yeah stock internal supercharged cars. That should tell you all you need to know.

and that its even in the same ballpark and not getting stomped by 5-10 cars for 10-15K less makes a pretty bold statement for the people looking for bang for the buck, not just holding onto some undying M badge infatuation.
    I hold a performance infatuation.

I really don't see the problem here. There's a single turbo car that Terry will have. I have a built motor M3. Why exactly can't they be lined up?

If you think it will be a good race that's fine. I want, no need, to show you guys what it really is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I think Tony is mentioning all other S65 built or none built supercharged motors. Sticky I agree your car "if its gets running 100%" Is going to do damage. But we are speaking of all other S65 in general vs stock motor N54 single or upgraded twins. I don't see any other S65 coming close to surpassing 700whp. When Terry finishing tuning his single and gets a solid tune out for it, all of us with single turbos just have to load up Terry tune and enjoy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I think Tony is mentioning all other S65 built or none built supercharged motors. Sticky I agree your car "if its gets running 100%" Is going to do damage. But we are speaking of all other S65 in general vs stock motor N54 single or upgraded twins. I don't see any other S65 coming close to surpassing 700whp. When Terry finishing tuning his single and gets a solid tune out for it, all of us with single turbos just have to load up Terry tune and enjoy.
    He was responding to my comment. I don't think Tony has much S65 experience but it's irrelevant. Go nuts guys. I'll see what I can do about a fun comparison regarding this car and mine which will definitely get a lot of attention for BimmerBoost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

My point was and is, if you are spending 10-15K more for for the engine upgrades (lets not discuss the price of the car) and not putting at least 2-5 cars on the guy who spent 15K less, you should be embarrassed. Plain and simple, and that is the story of the S65 Vs the N54 right now. As far as a canned tuned for a ST kit, not plausible nor should anyone want one. Every car is different, every set up is different. There is no RB canned tune, there is not Stage 2 canned tune, where you plug it in and go. Sure there is a tune you plug in a good starting place that gets you 75% of the way there, but if you spend the money on any turbo upgrade for your car, you should just add the price of a proper custom tune to go with it. That is the only way you will maximize the upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

He was responding to my comment. I don't think Tony has much S65 experience but it's irrelevant. Go nuts guys. I'll see what I can do about a fun comparison regarding this car and mine which will definitely get a lot of attention for BimmerBoost.
    Make sure to include build cost that a normal person would pay to build a car like yours, against the N54 ST its compared to. This way not only is the performance compared, but what it took to get there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

My point was and is, if you are spending 10-15K more for for the engine upgrades (lets not discuss the price of the car) and not putting at least 2-5 cars on the guy who spent 15K less, you should be embarrassed. Plain and simple
    I'm not sure who isn't putting 2-5 cars on anyone here.

Plain and simple, and that is the story of the S65 Vs the N54 right now.
    Last I checked a stock internal M3 holds the 1/4 mile record at less power. Who should be embarrassed? Doesn't the M3 hold the 1/2 mile records? Doesn't it hold the power records? Easy there.

It's a fun comparison I'm looking to do for promotion. Also it's been a long time coming. That's all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Make sure to include build cost that a normal person would pay to build a car like yours, against the N54 ST its compared to. This way not only is the performance compared, but what it took to get there.
    I think the ST N54's should be aiming at the stock internal supercharged M3's right now and also keeping up with the upcoming turbo stock internal cars.

The built motor M3's are just at another level. I'm willing to demonstrate that.

Anyway, this car is being wrapped up as is mine and hopefully we can do something fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

My point was and is, if you are spending 10-15K more for for the engine upgrades (lets not discuss the price of the car) and not putting at least 2-5 cars on the guy who spent 15K less, you should be embarrassed. Plain and simple, and that is the story of the S65 Vs the N54 right now. As far as a canned tuned for a ST kit, not plausible nor should anyone want one. Every car is different, every set up is different. There is no RB canned tune, there is not Stage 2 canned tune, where you plug it in and go. Sure there is a tune you plug in a good starting place that gets you 75% of the way there, but if you spend the money on any turbo upgrade for your car, you should just add the price of a proper custom tune to go with it. That is the only way you will maximize the upgrade.
    Yeah that is basically what I meant. Terry is going to have a lot of support for single kits. He will give a lot of people a good starting point with the JB4 and backend flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I think you might have a slight reading comprehension problem. I am comparing price paid to performance gained, nothing else. The N54 bang for the buck is UNMATCHED in the BMW world. You can say its not all you want, it is a fact. To get another BMW to the level of the N54 requires much more money. If you dispute this, please bring some evidence to the table. I paid 13K for my car. If I bought my FOB parts full price, would be in it like 4K or so. Then add 7-8 for either a stage 3 or ST kit. Thats 24-25K TOTAL COST for a 700+WHP car. Show me another BMW doing that. That's the argument, so don't spin it into S65 vs the world as you always do, show me another modern BMW platform for 25K(including cost of the car) that is in the 700WHP range. That's it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I think the ST N54's should be aiming at the stock internal supercharged M3's right now and also keeping up with the upcoming turbo stock internal cars.

The built motor M3's are just at another level. I'm willing to demonstrate that.

Anyway, this car is being wrapped up as is mine and hopefully we can do something fun.
    It will be fun to run your car sticky against a strong n54 single or twin setup. Like I said earlier your build is unique and different. But most other stock or build S65 aren't that ahead of the game. There are ton of them right now and they haven't really done anything that scares me. This year should be a great year. Your car will be running and there will be a lot of N54 upgraded twins and singles to run down stock and built S65. Including mine Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

The N54 bang for the buck is UNMATCHED in the BMW world.
    Cool. N54 owners can write that down on posterboard and hold it up to the window as I accelerate right by.

You can say its not all you want, it is a fact
    Who's contending it?

That's the argument
    No, it isn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

It will be fun to run your car sticky against a strong n54 single or twin setup. Like I said earlier your build is unique and different. But most other stock or build S65 aren't that ahead of the game. There are ton of them right now and they haven't really done anything that scares me. This year should be a great year. Your car will be running and there will be a lot of N54 upgraded twins and singles to run down stock and built S65. Including mine Click here to enlarge
    Well it's like saying most N54 cars are stock, which they are.

This is going to be a great year for everyone I think. We've all been waiting long enough. It's time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

All that was proven at the last event is my car on low boost was 10+ mph ahead of any N54 anything. That's just how it was.
    10+MPH faster than what N54? I thought only some stage 2 cars were there?

What is the S65 1/4 mile record? Dragtimes shows e92 record to be a 10.87 with an ESS kit on NOS. N54 record is 10.82 with I believe pump+meth and some e85? Oh, and that was when car was at 640whp...and a manual...not DCT...

I would have thought there would be more 10 second e9x M3's but I can't seem to find any searching around
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

This is going to be a great year for everyone I think. We've all been waiting long enough. It's time.

Yes
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

S65 Fastest 1/4 mile times

10.65 @ 131.79 MPH - 1.72 60' - 1SICKM / E92 M3 DCT / ESS VT 625 / 93/100 mix octane / 150 lbs. Weight Reduction /Nitto DR's / DA -1548'
    10.69 @ 129.38 MPH - 1.63 60' - Mike@VAC, (Klevis@VAC - Driver) / E92 M3 DCT / VF620 SC / 93 Octane / MT ET DR's / DA -1300'
    10.84 @ 131.60 MPH - 1.82 60' - M33 / E92 M3 DCT/ ESS VT650 SC / 93 octane/ R888 / DA -1548'
    10.87 @ 131.40 MPH - 1.87 60' - Mikewads / E92 M3 DCT / ESS VT600 - 100 shot / 93/100 Mix / MT ET DR's / DA +147'
    10.91 @ 129.21 MPH - 1.73 60' - Smokeyob / E92 M3 DCT / ESS VT625/ Akrapovic Evolution / 93 Oct / MT ET DR's / DA -755'
    only single turbo 1/4 pass is shiv with his 644whp manual.
    10.822*^ 131.990 7.016 104.972 1.576 BMW 335i Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo (Procede) 2007 Shiv Pathak

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Cool. N54 owners can write that down on posterboard and hold it up to the window as I accelerate right by.

Who's contending it?

No, it isn't.
    Point proven. Thank you. You want a fast car that doesn't cost you an arm and leg in the BMW world, get an N54. You want to spend 40 grand on upgrades, and hold up a postcard as you accelerate by, go right ahead and build an S65. I'll take the extra cash and use it on something more fun like the built motor we are buying, then when I put down 900-1000 WHP, for that extra 8 grand bringing my total to a whopping 32K I will accelerate by you then keep going to the airport, to take the vacation, come back to my boat, jet skis I bought and would still be under the price of your car and build. Once people start building the N54 its going to so funny to see the looks on built S65 owners faces who spent so much more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

S65 Fastest 1/4 mile times

only single turbo 1/4 pass is shiv with his 644whp manual.
    Good info thanks! How he managed that 1.57 60 ft in an MT car must have taken a lot of practice and a miracle launch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    10+MPH faster than what N54? I thought only some stage 2 cars were there?

What is the S65 1/4 mile record? Dragtimes shows e92 record to be a 10.87 with an ESS kit on NOS. N54 record is 10.82 with I believe pump+meth and some e85? Oh, and that was when car was at 640whp...and a manual...not DCT...

I would have thought there would be more 10 second e9x M3's but I can't seem to find any searching around
    Terry's was there, some others were there, I don't really know. All I know is my car won decisively against everything.

It's 10.6: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...car-10.6-129.3

No E85. No meth.

There are several 10 second E9X M3's. Search this forum alone if you like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Point proven. Thank you. You want a fast car that doesn't cost you an arm and leg in the BMW world, get an N54.
    Nobody was debating this point. You just created your own argument and didn't address the one actually being made.

then when I put down 900-1000 WHP, for that extra 8 grand bringing my total to a whopping 32K I will accelerate by you then keep going to the airport, to take the vacation, come back to my boat, jet skis I bought and would still be under the price of your car and build.
    You won't accelerate by me and it won't be with that WHP if and when you get there.

Once people start building the N54 its going to so funny to see the looks on built S65 owners faces who spent so much more.
    Why? Do parts get cheaper for built N54's or something? I think we are going to see some funny looking faces when N54 owners realize what it costs to build motors to handle 1000+ hp. Especially ones that will require as much strengthening as the N54 will.

One step at a time.

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast