Close

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It will only be open at the track and on the dyno. And then only if it really winds up adding any power. I like the placement as I can reach it from the bottom and didn't add much extra weight/exhaust piping with it. PS. Mike if you can ask them to tack weld the bolts it would be easier for me to get it on/off. Reaching under with a wrench and a socket is a pita. But one socket is easy. Click here to enlarge
    No problem!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Terry@BMS any updates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS any updates?
    Nothing yet. Anxiously waiting its return. I think they said 2-3 more weeks? These things always take longer than you'd like since it's the first 135i top mount kit. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nothing yet. Anxiously waiting its return. I think they said 2-3 more weeks? These things always take longer than you'd like since it's the first 135i top mount kit. Click here to enlarge
    fftec has its hands full! they need to hurry and ship mine before I leave out of town for the holidays
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Is the install envelope that much different in a 135?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    You guys should consider making an exhaust system and selling it Click here to enlarge
    +1
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Terry's kit is getting heat wrapped today, final installation will begin next week. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    fftec has its hands full! they need to hurry and ship mine before I leave out of town for the holidays
    James got a lot of work done on your kit today. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

The zip ties stay on there like that!??!?!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    The zip ties stay on there like that!??!?!
    We use stainless locking ties, but the plastic ones do come off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MikeB@FFTEC Click here to enlarge
    We use stainless locking ties, but the plastic ones do come off.
    ahhh, yea sorry. i see the steel ones.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MikeB@FFTEC Click here to enlarge
    James got a lot of work done on your kit today. Click here to enlarge

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...7e1b6b3a-1.jpg
    Loving it
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

How have you made it so the SS ties won't come apart? I work with those stainless ties a lot, if they're cut properly (ie not going to cut YOU on a jagged edge), they'll eventually undo with the vibration of the motor, they come off just sitting up a tower holding RF tails together...

They're amazing in theory, are easy to use, and look cool, but I wouldn't trust it on a motor, no way.

Unless they have some fancy special locking ones you've manage to find? not like http://img.directindustry.com/images...26-2701767.jpg
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    How have you made it so the SS ties won't come apart? I work with those stainless ties a lot, if they're cut properly (ie not going to cut YOU on a jagged edge), they'll eventually undo with the vibration of the motor, they come off just sitting up a tower holding RF tails together...

They're amazing in theory, are easy to use, and look cool, but I wouldn't trust it on a motor, no way.

Unless they have some fancy special locking ones you've manage to find? not like http://img.directindustry.com/images...26-2701767.jpg

At work we usually trim the excess long and roll it up to help keep them from coming apart. Alternatively you could try these

http://www.panduit.com/heiler/Brochu...20Brochure.pdf

I have no idea how well they work but the concept is cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge

Allow me to change your life. These are the ones I used...awesome:

Click here to enlarge

http://www.thermotec.com/products/13001-snap-strap.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

good job Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

would like to see pics of the turbo connected to the manifold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Allow me to change your life. These are the ones I used...awesome:

Click here to enlarge

http://www.thermotec.com/products/13001-snap-strap.html
    Much better! I've seen them come apart still, depending where they're cut. plus they cost a bomb. a 100 pack of even the regular SS ties is between $80 and $120 depending on vendor and size >_<.. and not even branded 'panduit' lol

Though not like they'd get much better than the ones you posted, without going painful to use. will keep these in mind Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JC335xi Click here to enlarge
    At work we usually trim the excess long and roll it up to help keep them from coming apart. Alternatively you could try these

http://www.panduit.com/heiler/Brochu...20Brochure.pdf

I have no idea how well they work but the concept is cool.
    So you don't cut it flush, and you roll it back on itself? That makes sense if you have the space i guess, yeah.

holy smoke they look like they'd cost a bomb. Especially Panduit branded.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Just as an update finally got a chance to pull the plugs on the E92 and they are all spotless. Our leak down adapter is MIA so I wasn't able to test the rings, but with all the plugs clean I'm back to wondering where the burning oil is coming from. Now that the PCV is working properly I noticed 1/2oz or so of oil collected during the last week or so of tuning. Which is about as expected. I guess I'll just keep beating on the car and see what breaks. Click here to enlarge
    Finally had a chance to dig deeper in to our smoking E92. With a basic compression test all cylinders are 170 except for 4 which is 90. So even though the plug is perfectly clean and the car runs/drives fine there must be a ring issue in there with #4. We're going to do a full FFTEC long block build with forged pistons/rods, a ported head, etc. I'm still mulling over the options on the turbo end. The 6466 makes good power up top and will probably make even more with the ported head. But, I wish the damn thing spooled 500rpm faster. When the 135i is done I'll get a better feel for how the 5862 drives. If that setup spools by 3500rpm I may switch the E92 over.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Finally had a chance to dig deeper in to our smoking E92. With a basic compression test all cylinders are 170 except for 4 which is 90. So even though the plug is perfectly clean and the car runs/drives fine there must be a ring issue in there with #4. We're going to do a full FFTEC long block build with forged pistons/rods, a ported head, etc. I'm still mulling over the options on the turbo end. The 6466 makes good power up top and will probably make even more with the ported head. But, I wish the damn thing spooled 500rpm faster. When the 135i is done I'll get a better feel for how the 5862 drives. If that setup spools by 3500rpm I may switch the E92 over.
    Damn, well that was easy. Almost fried ring lol. Terry, keep that 6466 on that e92 and max the turbo out if you're going to build the motor. That 5862 will spool by 3500rpm, I will promise you that. I'm like 100% sure it will probably even do better than that lol. It will be a waste to throw such a small turbo on a built motor n54. Go beyond what others are going to do. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Damn, well that was easy. Almost fried ring lol. Terry, keep that 6466 on that e92 and max the turbo out if you're going to build the motor. That 5862 will spool by 3500rpm, I will promise you that. I'm like 100% sure it will probably even do better than that lol. It will be a waste to throw such a small turbo on a built motor n54. Go beyond what others are going to do. Click here to enlarge
    If he wants very fast spool and 600 WHP capability. His 100% best bet is to ditch that 5862 altogether and just put a GTX3076 on there, same HP rating, much better turbo, much more durable. Price is very similar, 5862 is $1649 retail, GTX3076 depending on turbine housing choice is $1700-$1850 retail. $50-200 difference for a much better all around turbo. With the price points that close, why ever go with a PE turbo? I was under the impression they were much cheaper, only so if you go with a JB version.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If he wants very fast spool and 600 WHP capability. His 100% best bet is to ditch that 5862 altogether and just put a GTX3076 on there, same HP rating, much better turbo, much more durable. Price is very similar, 5862 is $1649 retail, GTX3076 depending on turbine housing choice is $1700-$1850 retail. $50-200 difference for a much better all around turbo. With the price points that close, why ever go with a PE turbo? I was under the impression they were much cheaper, only so if you go with a JB version.
    I can't argue with you over here. That is 100% correct, and possible spool much faster than the PTE as well. We all know that nobody is paying retail though LOL Click here to enlarge.

How do you feel about Comp turbo's Tony? Being a turbo manufacturer it would probably be best to get your opinion. Triple ceramic BB billet wheel for 1k? My 6465 should be here sometime this week.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I'm also considering swapping over to a garret. The issue there is the FFTEC manifold flange on the E92 bottom mount kit is specific to precision turbos. I just don't have enough seat time behind the various options yet to determine what I really want for this car. When I get a chance to drive/tune the 135i I should have a better guess at it. But my gut feeling is the 6466 even with spool around 4100rpm is a bit too lazy down low for how I like to drive the car. I'm also not sure how the head work might alter the power band. All in all lots of unknowns. Need more seat time with various options to better form an opinion on what is best. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

But my gut feeling is the 6466 even with spool around 4100rpm is a bit too lazy down low for how I like to drive the car. I'm also not sure how the head work might alter the power band. All in all lots of unknowns. Need more seat time with various options to better form an opinion on what is best. Click here to enlarge
    With all the headwork it should be good to rev up to 7.5k that should be more than enough room in the powerband. With going big turbo it's usually like that to lose the low end power. Just ride 3rd gear cruising lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

T have you done any 60-130s in the n55 yet?

Was going to ask about your e92 as well but no there is no point so ill ask about the n55 ...

And T I think came from the lsx world, driving big turbo high hp cars is not for everyone... he will have to experiment with diff turbos to find what he is looking for...

I think the 3076 is a solid choice for what i think he is after in the 135i for sure, if he ever changed from the current PE... An RB n54 despite not being the fastest is a pretty damn enjoyable DD with power on tap anywhere... with all his cars going single its a big change...

But he did say the e92 is going to be a the dyno queen so why not just go big there and do exactly what you are doing on the 135...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

With all the headwork it should be good to rev up to 7.5k that should be more than enough room in the powerband. With going big turbo it's usually like that to lose the low end power. Just ride 3rd gear cruising lol.
    Yeah I used to run 76mm turbos on LT1s and with all the torque it wasn't bad at all, no issues up to 700rw. But with a 3L I'm not really feeling it. I think I'll be happier driving 600rw but getting in to the power band sooner. I may just skip the head work all together on the E92, go with a smaller turbo, and just enjoy the car as is. We'll see.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast