Close

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    That hood bulge for the timing gears is eternal proof of failed engineering. I don't know who forgot to measure the clearances before putting the motor in, but I always found it funny that their solution was to take a hammer to the hood. Gotta do what you gotta do for the 3000 GT's illegitimate stepbrother I guess.

On the other hand I'd be alright with some louvers to help that baby breath under there. I've always loved louvers.
    The DSM guys love the hood bump Click here to enlarge They had to carry it to the non tubos as well. I think it adds character lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Anthony@FFTEC Click here to enlarge
    Race fuel with Meth. MT. 6466 with a 1.0 AR twinscroll. We actually could have yeild more power but were content with the output, performace, and consistency so we stopped tuning there.

Thanks!
    LOL, someone neg repped me because I ask questions? Wow, people on the forums now a days. Thanks for the response anthony. Helps me decide on what upgrade to do in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    The DSM guys love the hood bump Click here to enlarge They had to carry it to the non tubos as well. I think it adds character lol
    Well it definitely adds character. Much like dents on an old pickup truck add character, actually that's a pretty spot on comparison I'd say.

You know I guess it's better than the mustangs and camaro's of the era that had hood scoops that were completely vestigial and served no purpose at all... I'd take a hood dent for engineer oversights any day over peacock hood scoops.

I'm finished with my off-topic sorry guys. Just talking trash.
    Last edited by V8Bait; 11-10-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the 135i I'm looking to cut as much weight as possible. I've got a race seat in the garage ready to go in, will pull the rear seats for good, pull the subwoofers under the front seats, and look in to some light weight hood options. The problem with the 135i is it's a center latch and I hear the hoods that utilize the factory hardware all shake around horribly. Not sure if I want to go the hood pin route. Been there, done that, and it gets old.

Anyway, assuming I do a hood, I'll get something with vents. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    On the 135i I'm looking to cut as much weight as possible. I've got a race seat in the garage ready to go in, will pull the rear seats for good, pull the subwoofers under the front seats, and look in to some light weight hood options. The problem with the 135i is it's a center latch and I hear the hoods that utilize the factory hardware all shake around horribly. Not sure if I want to go the hood pin route. Been there, done that, and it gets old.

Anyway, assuming I do a hood, I'll get something with vents. Click here to enlarge
    if u know any double sided vented carbon fiber hood plz tell me, i didn't find any one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

i've had a play with aerocatches, i quite like them for ease of use, or do they not work so well for long periods?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Terry, how heavy those speakers under the seats?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They aren't very heavy. You're at that point you might as well pull all the speakers. Those mid range speakers aren't actually subs but you'll save a few pounds at the cost of a lot of sound stage. But if its a race car then whatever.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jay335i Click here to enlarge
    prob like 5 lbs each lol. Small subs I think.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jay335i Click here to enlarge
    Both of them are around 10#. The rest of the speakers work just fine without them. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this FFTEC's first build of the top mount kit on a 135i?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both of them are around 10#. The rest of the speakers work just fine without them. Click here to enlarge
    wow that's crazy heavy for 6.5" speakers!

it should sound pretty hollow without them - no midbass lol - if you have the tweeters as well as the 4" in the doors, still passable for sure - but why not remove them too Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wow that's crazy heavy for 6.5" speakers!it should sound pretty hollow without them - no midbass lol - if you have the tweeters as well as the 4" in the doors, still passable for sure - but why not remove them too Click here to enlarge
    If he does that might as well take out a/c too lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    If he does that might as well take out a/c too lol
    how dedicated of a track car is it going to be? haha

coming into summer here, and my AC compressor doesn't work... starting to suck.

ridiculous amount of weight there inc all the condensors and the box inside - the compressor itself would have to weigh close to 20#

if the day comes it's no longer a daily.. in a heartbeat :p
    Last edited by Flinchy; 11-11-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to keep the AC & radio working. But don't need the subwoofers or passenger seats. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to keep the AC & radio working. But don't need the subwoofers or passenger seats. Click here to enlarge
    fair enough - don't want to get too hot on the track Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But don't need the subwoofers or passenger seats. Click here to enlarge
    Where the F*#K am I going to sit! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol the E92 is going to probably stay full weight. Too lazy to remove parts from that car. It will just be a dyno queen. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    lol the E92 is going to probably stay full weight. Too lazy to remove parts from that car. It will just be a dyno KING. Click here to enlarge
    Fixed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Fixed
    Mhmm
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    if u know any double sided vented carbon fiber hood plz tell me, i didn't find any one
    3D designs and Seibon both make one
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hybrid Audio (the absolute best quality speaker made in the world BTW and made right here in the USA BTW) makes some kickass speakers and just so happens they have a line of speakers that are carbon fiber with neo magnets for ultra performance in a lightweight package, so besides audible superiority and a much wider musical frequency range you could reduce the weight as well of the midrange speakers. They come in various sizes are are very low profile as the M3 was actually one of the cars in mind when they were designed. I personally have their Legatia Pro line in my truck and they are absolutely amazing!

http://hybrid-audio.com/legatiase/ there is a PDF for the carbon series in a link just above the video. Here's a pic of the tweeters in my truck, mids are hidden....just sayin...they're sexy...

Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10-12 pounds combined. Just skip dinner, wouldn't that be easier? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    3D designs and Seibon both make one
    the lightest from Slek design but without vents, Seibon and 3D about 10 lbs heavier!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    10-12 pounds combined. Just skip dinner, wouldn't that be easier? Click here to enlarge
    I've actually lost 10# off my gut recently. Another 15# to go on that front. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast