Close

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Terry, what's gonna happen when the Vargas Stage 3s are released? It looks like that's your personal 135 and I don't know how many N54 shop cars you have left, but I assume one of the ST's will get swapped out?

Awesome stuff & it already looks like the JB4 tuning is coming along real well.
    We decided to sign up with FFTEC for single turbo hardware for both of our N54s. But, I still have faith in Tony to deliver for you guys and will be happy to tune one if a customer shows up with it. Last week we sent one of our N55s up to Vargas for a hybrid turbo install. So we've not completely jumped ship. But at the end of the day I want proven solutions for the N54s and FFTEC is top notch stuff.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@Terry@BMS what was your initial reaction to driving the 91oct tuned 6466 335i (567hp)say vs a race tuned RB car (520rwhp)? Does the added hp make up for the difference in torque between the two cars? Just curious since i would assume most of these cars will be driven more than weekend only.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS what was your initial reaction to driving the 91oct tuned 6466 335i (567hp)say vs a race tuned RB car (520rwhp)? Does the added hp make up for the difference in torque between the two cars? Just curious since i would assume most of these cars will be driven more than weekend only.
    It definitely should, hp will win up top. Torque will just keep you hanging with him. The rb will be right next to the 6466 in midrange, after 5krpm the 6466 should just pull trains.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

As they are tuned now, from a 50 roll, the race tuned RB would run away from this car until around 100mph. The spool up is improving as I better tune it but best case is going to be 4000rpm with this large turbo. On the other hand, once it gets spooled, there is no touching it. The way boost comes on as tuned currently makes it difficult to control so I will work on improving that a bit. Ultimately the trade off is what you expect it to be. Low RPM power for higher RPM power. I imagine as it drives now is very similar to M3 guys twiddling their thumbs until the tach gets over 4500rpm. Click here to enlarge

I am hoping the TS-5858 spools 500rpm faster. That would make it much more competitive with RBs from lower speeds and still walk all over them up top.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It definitely should, hp will win up top. Torque will just keep you hanging with him. The rb will be right next to the 6466 in midrange, after 5krpm the 6466 should just pull trains.

And in theory the single should be easier/more efficient on the motor at a higher boost level? While not creating as much heat and reducing backpressure I would assume?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    As they are tuned now, from a 50 roll, the race tuned RB would run away from this car until around 100mph. The spool up is improving as I better tune it but best case is going to be 4000rpm with this large turbo. On the other hand, once it gets spooled, there is no touching it. The way boost comes on as tuned currently makes it difficult to control so I will work on improving that a bit. Ultimately the trade off is what you expect it to be. Low RPM power for higher RPM power. I imagine as it drives now is very similar to M3 guys twiddling their thumbs until the tach gets over 4500rpm. Click here to enlarge

I am hoping the TS-5858 spools 500rpm faster. That would make it much more competitive with RBs from lower speeds and still walk all over them up top.
    How much quicker would a 6266 spool vs the 6466? I think that might be the hardest thing to get used to since most stock/hybrid turbo guys are used to such instant spool. Although im willing to give it a shot Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Yeah, no more rolling in to the gas at 40mph in 3rd and expecting the car to move. It's quite a change. I think on the AT front it will be a lot better as most people let the trans downshift anyway.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

you're going to gain alot more than 500rpms from a 6466 to a TS 5858. i'd venture to say 700-1000rpms. i know not apples to apples but i gained 400rpms just going from an ordinary Garrett GT35r to an HTA35r. Same everything just different material wheels. you are going from a very large turbo to a pretty small turbo and going from a standard AR single scroll setup to a much larger AR TS setup. It's going to be night and day. I'm afraid that's going to be alot harder on your tranny than the 6466 though. Maybe the SS 6466 should have stayed on the AT and the TS 5858 went on the MT LOL

2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    agreed. 10.6 is my bet. we should start a pool. $25/time and winner take all LOL

I would do that, must be 4 digits and mph Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I imagine as it drives now is very similar to M3 guys twiddling their thumbs until the tach gets over 4500rpm.
    not all of us..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Shiv may be an FFTEC employee now for all I know or at least hangs around their shop a lot. He's always posting photos of their stuff, etc. He's welcome to poke around the car and help as long as all PROcedes are kept within 15' of it. Click here to enlarge
    1) Inspect brake lines
    2) Pay install bill
    3) Take delivery

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    you're going to gain alot more than 500rpms from a 6466 to a TS 5858. i'd venture to say 700-1000rpms. i know not apples to apples but i gained 400rpms just going from an ordinary Garrett GT35r to an HTA35r. Same everything just different material wheels. you are going from a very large turbo to a pretty small turbo and going from a standard AR single scroll setup to a much larger AR TS setup. It's going to be night and day. I'm afraid that's going to be alot harder on your tranny than the 6466 though. Maybe the SS 6466 should have stayed on the AT and the TS 5858 went on the MT LOL
    Yeah, I know what you mean on the trans. But I don't think it will be any harder than the 500#ft coming off the factory and RB turbos at lower RPM...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    not all of us..
    heh I'll have to drive a supercharged M3 one of these days. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

heh I'll have to drive a supercharged M3 one of these days. Click here to enlarge
    needs to be the right one Click here to enlarge

One of these days im either coming out there, or bringing you out here.. we need to have a face-off Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol that would be fun. But I'd pay $1 to see you and Shiv face off down the track. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm waiting for them to ship my top mount also
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol that would be fun. But I'd pay $1 to see you and Shiv face off down the track. Click here to enlarge
    Heh, I'll double that!

And in theory the single should be easier/more efficient on the motor at a higher boost level? While not creating as much heat and reducing backpressure I would assume?
    Comparing a big single to stockers or rb's yes it will be easier and more efficient on the motor. Less psi, more air flow = more power safer. Less heat and back pressure would most likely happen in that as well lol.

How much quicker would a 6266 spool vs the 6466? I think that might be the hardest thing to get used to since most stock/hybrid turbo guys are used to such instant spool. Although im willing to give it a shot
    Here you go, comparison between 6266 vs 6466 vs 6766 on 3.4l 2jz.

The 6466 and 6766 are very close in hp and the 6266 and 6466 are almost identical in spool. The 6466 is probably one of the best turbos for this application. I can't wait for mine!

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Terry@BMS, what's the AR and turbine size on the 5858 vs 6466 that you got?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    But I believe it was due to the was Vargas came off to him. (disrespected)
    Well you were wrong.... Taking guesses & spreading rumors
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS, what's the AR and turbine size on the 5858 vs 6466 that you got?
    Ahh, that's what I forgot to ask. I want to know the AR for the 6466 that got dynod. That spool is very impressive at 4k.

I believe I heard or read that somewhere too... Just saying.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

He's not incorrect. But, it's more complicated than just a few forum posts so I'd say that is a gross oversimplification. But the bottom line is I want real hardware that works today and FFTEC can provide that to us.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

HA! If he wont even talk to you, i dont think he'd line up with me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

He's not incorrect. But, it's more complicated than just a few forum posts so I'd say that is a gross oversimplification. But the bottom line is I want real hardware that works today and FFTEC can provide that to us.
    I want to see your car and that beautiful turbo sitting up top!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

This damn TS top mount kit is going to be SO BADASS! I can't wait to see a MT car slap a 6766 on it with a big TS turbine housing and built motor! lol For now we'll all drool over Terry's TS 5858 on the 1er.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You should read more. Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast