Close

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No that was later at a different event. Trans kept popping out of gear and eventually broke down. I did weigh the car at the event in the video though, 3470 w/ driver. This supercharged M3 I raced was the fastest of the bunch. A few of the other supercharged M3s there were much slower.

The M3 w/ DCT is an impressive car in many ways but IMHO just adding a supercharger kit does not elevate it to where it needs to be. It seems they have to rebuild, go with much more boost, etc, to really get up in the mid 600rw range.
    An M3 is not a good choice for a "tuner" platform. Although at the end of the road it has more potential than a N54. Luckily, few will ever realize that potential so N54's should clean up S65's for the foreseeable future, except for the ones like Sticky's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No that was later at a different event. Trans kept popping out of gear and eventually broke down. I did weigh the car at the event in the video though, 3470 w/ driver. This supercharged M3 I raced was the fastest of the bunch. A few of the other supercharged M3s there were much slower.

The M3 w/ DCT is an impressive car in many ways but IMHO just adding a supercharger kit does not elevate it to where it needs to be. It seems they have to rebuild, go with much more boost, etc, to really get up in the mid 600rw range.
    Have you run Drew's M3, the red ESS car?

This is Drew vs the same M3 above.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    One day lol
    hope so haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Have you run Drew's M3, the red ESS car?

This is Drew vs the same M3 above.
    I'm friends with Drew and a lot of the M3 guys. I think he's closer to 675rw with a stronger motor, etc. My 135i with the RBs is no match for him. But with the single on I hope to give him a run for his money. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm friends with Drew and a lot of the M3 guys. I think he's closer to 675rw with a stronger motor, etc. My 135i with the RBs is no match for him. But with the single on I hope to give him a run for his money. Click here to enlarge
    He wont be at NFZ right? I'm sure something of that caliber with be there to make use of LOL.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What I've come to realize is, your really pushing the n54 at rb/single turbo levels, constantly checking logs, swapping spark plugs, diagnosing little issues, hoping the trans stays together...etc. With the s65/dct combo, slapping a base supercharger makes it quick, and very problem free. Kinda like a n54 was with just a tune.

In the end both engines are awesome, I've experienced both. Lm's car is so smooth, so quick, it feels factory in powercurve, acceleration, and over all driving characteristics. The high revs of the s65 combined with the dct is something special though, there is nothing like it.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont think drews car is all that fast. That was 180+ hp difference and it looked like maybe a 75 difference. longboarders car is not making 580. it MADE 580 on a an iced down run with water sprayed everywhere.. how do i know? PG told me.. its making about 550 at the real 7.5 psi

HP for HP i think an N54 will rape an M3, dct or no dct and a dct n54 is going to pull a dct S65..

I just enjoy talking $#@! as long as I can waiting for @Eleventeen or someone else to bring out an N54 to be reckoned with Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Meh, you can modify the N54 to improve all those shortcomings.. for less than the built S65.

you're stupid to think that the S65 isn't a superior base

but you're hopefully stupid to think the N54 won't be an competitive platform, especially cheaper, once built motor singles/VTT3's are hitting the road, like built motor blown S65's Click here to enlarge... i know there's a few in the pipes, as well as the obvious stock motor big turbo's like terry's doing... all i'm waiting for now are the parts needed for mine Click here to enlarge
    We're not doing this N54 versus S65 stuff there is no point. There is no point to N54 owners taking veiled shots all the time. Not all, but the typical people.

You can't improve the N54 shortcomings for less as some shortcomings don't even have a solution yet. I have yet to see an N54 revving to 9k or with heads that flow equally to the S65. You can't improve the displacement either. There are design limitations that will always be there.

Anyway, this is a single turbo thread for an N54. So discuss the N54 single turbo build and hopefully Fftec based setups do well as thus far only Vishnu has shown times and they were meh.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    The N54 is an amazing motor for what it is, and has set more "tuner" records than any S65 ever will
    How so?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where exactly does it need to be? The M3 with a blower was the first E9X to even get in the 130 trap range and it took the N54's quite some time despite dumping meth and nitrous in...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    An M3 is not a good choice for a "tuner" platform. Although at the end of the road it has more potential than a N54. Luckily, few will ever realize that potential so N54's should clean up S65's for the foreseeable future, except for the ones like Sticky's.
    It's actually a great choice. Car runs 10's with just a mild blower. I mean, with a built motor 9's conservatively are on the menu. How is that a bad choice? How much faster do you really want to go? How much more power do you need?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    With the s65/dct combo, slapping a base supercharger makes it quick, and very problem free.
    Exactly and you aren't just cramming in more boost and at the expense of lag. The linear powerband is still there only much stronger up top.

I'll be happy to give people rides in my car. I think that may change quite a few minds and rather easily.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    HP for HP i think an N54 will rape an M3, dct or no dct and a dct n54 is going to pull a dct S65..
    Idiotic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bla bla bla S55 is the new 2JZ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We're not doing this N54 versus S65 stuff there is no point. There is no point to N54 owners taking veiled shots all the time. Not all, but the typical people.

You can't improve the N54 shortcomings for less as some shortcomings don't even have a solution yet. I have yet to see an N54 revving to 9k or with heads that flow equally to the S65. You can't improve the displacement either. There are design limitations that will always be there.
    oh of course there's things to overcome.. namely really the DI.

no reason N54 heads can't be modified to flow as well, at least to the limit of material able to be safely removed/added/shaped i mean... the S65 isn't magic... it's well engineered, for what it is, it's simply nearly taken to it's limit... the N54 sure, probably won't be able to get to the same flow levels as the S65, valve size limits and all... but it's still not at it's own limit yet.

there's no reasonable argument that says the S65 isn't the superior motor... but it's just as unreasonable to say the N54 has anywhere near reached it's limits in a single package yet, which is what the point should be.... S65>N54, but to what appreciable difference balls-out to balls-out? we'll see eventually i hope.

Anyway, this is a single turbo thread for an N54. So discuss the N54 single turbo build and hopefully Fftec based setups do well as thus far only Vishnu has shown times and they were meh.
    true, true

numbers, numbers everywhere please! Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's actually a great choice. Car runs 10's with just a mild blower. I mean, with a built motor 9's conservatively are on the menu. How is that a bad choice? How much faster do you really want to go? How much more power do you need?
    2k hp, in a drag car body, running 6's.... duh.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly and you aren't just cramming in more boost and at the expense of lag. The linear powerband is still there only much stronger up top.

I'll be happy to give people rides in my car. I think that may change quite a few minds and rather easily.
    the most insane thing about your car is the rising torque curve if i remember the dyno correctly...... holy $#@!, even the $1m+ supercars can't claim a power/torque curve as smooth, drivable & high as you've shown, their 800-1000hp setups have still notable lag, a tapering slightly peaky torque curve etc...

all $#@! aside, that's just impressive... as a streetable car with that much power.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Bla bla bla S55 is the new 2JZ
    Sure it is. Apparently every six cylinder with a turbo to come out after the 2Jz is the new 2JZ to you. No matter if it's anywhere near the design or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the most insane thing about your car is the rising torque curve if i remember the dyno correctly...... holy $#@!, even the $1m+ supercars can't claim a power/torque curve as smooth, drivable & high as you've shown, their 800-1000hp setups have still notable lag, a tapering slightly peaky torque curve etc...

all $#@! aside, that's just impressive... as a streetable car with that much power.
    Some people just will never get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no reason N54 heads can't be modified to flow as well, at least to the limit of material able to be safely removed/added/shaped i mean... the S65 isn't magic... it's well engineered, for what it is, it's simply nearly taken to it's limit... the N54 sure, probably won't be able to get to the same flow levels as the S65, valve size limits and all... but it's still not at it's own limit yet.
    With the S65 you start with better heads designed to flow at higher RPM to begin with. You keep trying to make the N54 into something it isn't you might as well start with an S54 which already does it all better WITH A STRONGER BLOCK.

there's no reasonable argument that says the S65 isn't the superior motor... but it's just as unreasonable to say the N54 has anywhere near reached it's limits in a single package yet, which is what the point should be.... S65>N54, but to what appreciable difference balls-out to balls-out? we'll see eventually i hope.
    None of these motors have reached their limits. Some of them just have higher limits than others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure it is. Apparently every six cylinder with a turbo to come out after the 2Jz is the new 2JZ to you. No matter if it's anywhere near the design or not.
    to be fair.. the S55 is a LOT closer to the 2j than the N54 is at least?

gotta be less annoying hahahaha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the S65 you start with better heads designed to flow at higher RPM to begin with. You keep trying to make the N54 into something it isn't you might as well start with an S54 which already does it all better WITH A STRONGER BLOCK.

None of these motors have reached their limits. Some of them just have higher limits than others.
    true, but sometimes what seems like the sensible choice isn't the most fun one?

nor will it *necessarily* end up real-world 'better'?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    to be fair.. the S55 is a LOT closer to the 2j than the N54 is at least?

gotta be less annoying hahahaha
    It's a bit closer, sure. It addresses N54 weakpoints.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    true, but sometimes what seems like the sensible choice isn't the most fun one?

nor will it *necessarily* end up real-world 'better'?
    What one decides is more fun is up to them. To me, an 8500 rpm V8 that continues building power in a linear and smooth fashion toward redline is much more fun than sitting around waiting for a turbo to spool and then wondering why fuel pumps are dying once that turbo does spool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What one decides is more fun is up to them. To me, an 8500 rpm V8 that continues building power in a linear and smooth fashion toward redline is much more fun than sitting around waiting for a turbo to spool and then wondering why fuel pumps are dying once that turbo does spool.
    You mean meth pumps too right? Forget about making any power without it.

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast