Close

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    I have faith in the n54, but this quote right here just made me kjafhasjkhsajkf!!!!

This will be very difficult to top, but not impossible...we'll just have to wait and see!
    On paper I would estimate that to be... um, well, guess people just need to see it to get it. Game over.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    On paper I would estimate that to be... um, well, guess people just need to see it to get it. Game over.
    I want to see a speedometer shot of your car on those settings lol. 60-130 must be pretty insane with the dct. If you took a vid like that (in mexico of course) I wonder how many people would seriously dump their n54 cars to get into an e9x m3.

Then they find out the cost to make the car that fast, and cry lol.
    2008 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    Then they find out the cost to make the car that fast, and cry lol.
    Well it's definitely not the most cost effective approach to go fast that's for sure. But what fun would that be?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dblrguy Click here to enlarge
    Also dont forget about cost and market share. If/when the N54 problems are solved it will be much cheaper to do up a 335 vs an M3. What will happen when the companies you mentioned offer something for the 335? You will see 3x the number of modified n54s vs S65s. They may not be the better all around cars but they will be just as fast, if not faster. At this point we don't know at what power point the n54 has to be opened, we do on the S65.
    Yes sir. Exactly the reason why I dropped dumping loads of money on my Cobalt SS. I realized I dropped 10k in that car in two months to get it to 600whp, and it never worked out for me. I could have easily built two of my own setups on the n54 at that price or even do all supporting mods like LSD, clutch, brakes as well as my own turbo kit. That's why I got one a month ago Click here to enlarge

You sure about that? More than that by my count.
    Sorry two, I guess I was wrong. lol BTW, please put multi quote back, do you know how hard it is to quote you the way you reply LOL.

There are supercharger kits sure but how many different tunes are there for the N54? Maybe over 100? Supercharger kits are rare in comparison.

That's the thing, nobody has taken it to as far as it can go just like the N54.
    Tuning is easy man, I'm not even going to get into that. I'm talking about raw power right now and the m3 has much more research compared to the n54.

I'm not. It will improve of course and as it should. It's not at its potential but what is? It's just dumb for people to keep taking shots at the superior power platform. It is what it is.
    We will see, patience though. Your statement was pretty bold, but still I have yet to see the TT s65 so honestly. When that comes out, then I'll probably be the one to say game over. I just want to see it already, I've heard too much.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry two, I guess I was wrong. lol BTW, please put multi quote back, do you know how hard it is to quote you the way you reply LOL.
    Why not just highlight text?

Tuning is easy man, I'm not even going to get into that. I'm talking about raw power right now and the m3 has much more research compared to the n54.
    It's not more research it's more capability. You are going to get greater gains with a blower than you will tuning the stock turbos. Just how it is. There are actually very few big hp builds it all stops at a blower on the stock internals mostly.

We will see, patience though. Your statement was pretty bold, but still I have yet to see the TT s65 so honestly. When that comes out, then I'll probably be the one to say game over. I just want to see it already, I've heard too much.
    It really isn't bold at all. Anyone can look at the design of the motors and see for themselves which one ultimately will always be capable of more. It's never going to change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How am I regretting ever picking on your N54 when I'm winning?
    Because it's been down for like 2 years and made 1.5 passes? I dunno Click here to enlarge

Regarding all-out power, yes higher displacement and more revs will always have the most potential. Fortunately, few M3 owners are going to drop $30k to go crazy, so a FBO or RB/ST is enough to beat 99.9% of M3s. I love both cars. Badass machines.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Because it's been down for like 2 years and made 1.5 passes? I dunno
    And has the N54 fuel system been figured out in that time? If you want to be the best it takes sacrifices. I mean I could have just let it be with a blower but what's the fun in that? Let's see what it can hit and what it takes to get there.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Regarding all-out power, yes higher displacement and more revs will always have the most potential. Fortunately, few M3 owners are going to drop $30k to go crazy, so a FBO or RB/ST is enough to beat 99.9% of M3s. I love both cars. Badass machines.
    Yep exactly I agree. So time to drop this and get back to N54 talk being about N54's. The platform doesn't need to measure itself against the M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I feel bad for M3 owners, couldn't afford a M5 so they buy a 335 with fender vents lmao.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jewber Click here to enlarge
    I feel bad for M3 owners, couldn't afford a M5 so they buy a 335 with fender vents lmao.
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so true

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both cars are awesome! Pros and cons to both platforms. Superchargers and a incredible v8! While the e9x has turbos and BMW's not to many to be seen inline-6! Truthfully, I'm happy to speak up for anyone of these cars. I love bmws and many other people do as well! So respect to owners of each! Let's keep making them both faster!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My FBO dct m3 feels just as fast as my FBO protuned 335... No joke and it is the superior platform, without a doubt.....but I still love the n54, and the cheap tuning potential it offers.

I know the singles will Awesome, but I want to see them at some roll races against supercharged m3's. No more speedo YouTube vids, next spring these builds need to get on the road. c'mon let's see what the n54 can do!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    My FBO dct m3 feels just as fast as my FBO protuned 335... No joke and it is the superior platform, without a doubt.....but I still love the n54, and the cheap tuning potential it offers.

I know the singles will Awesome, but I want to see them at some roll races against supercharged m3's. No more speedo YouTube vids, next spring these builds need to get on the road. c'mon let's see what the n54 can do!
    Here is one with 580rw against my 135i. Click here to enlarge

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sometimes u win and sometimes u lose! Thanx for that example Terry!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    dem taillights, doe! LOL

nice run! impressive!
    2008 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not just highlight text?
    You have to highlight each one and click quote.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_sMbPFsxQ
    lsurprised he hasnt taken it down.. he claims he smokes 335s all the time/never loses.. what is it with you Cali guys and the Egos lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Played the video like 5x just to watch that kill!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Didn't you blow your motor shortly after this? Also, your 135 is stripped right? No passenger seat? Just wondering....but yea you got him on that run. I want to see LM's car against a well modded hybrid or single 135/335Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're wrong on this and here's why.

There are more N54's out there and they are far cheaper. They have been out longer. You have how many different turbo setups now?

How many properly built low compression S65's with boost do you have out there? You can count them on one hand. What 10 different companies?

The game was always over from the moment it started. Less displacement. Lower redline. Less cylinders. Worse heads. The S54 will always be ahead. The S65 will always be ahead. The S52, S50, you name it. Anyone could have seen this from the very beginning based on precedent but instead people wanted to focus on OMG my 335 is so fast with a tune I just beat a stock M3 N54 FTW blah blah blah.
    Meh, you can modify the N54 to improve all those shortcomings.. for less than the built S65.

you're stupid to think that the S65 isn't a superior base

but you're hopefully stupid to think the N54 won't be an competitive platform, especially cheaper, once built motor singles/VTT3's are hitting the road, like built motor blown S65's Click here to enlarge... i know there's a few in the pipes, as well as the obvious stock motor big turbo's like terry's doing... all i'm waiting for now are the parts needed for mine Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure you will improve and no doubt you will end up with the N54 record. But I'll be at 25 psi on FTW Purple next time out. Good luck and we'll do a run at my own event. You know, just so we can see who regrets picking on who Click here to enlarge
    1000whp or bust!!! Click here to enlarge

Sticky's S65 @ 25psi FTW purple, vs someone's future built N54 GTX42 @3xpsi on FTW purple, go go go
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    1000whp or bust!!! Click here to enlarge

Sticky's S65 @ 25psi FTW purple, vs someone's future built N54 GTX42 @3xpsi on FTW purple, go go go
    One day lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That's some wicked top end!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There's no replacement for displacement. That rule is always true.

Blah blah blah airflow. Well, heads can be replaced on the N54, and whether or not a built head is as good as a stock/build S65 head is a minor point with forced induction. Valid, but minor.

Blah blah blah closed deck. It doesn't really matter except for side loading for RPM, maybe for ultimate strength. We have no idea when the blocks open up for either motor AFAIK so it's a minor point, although my guess is for the S65 here (block wise).

Blah blah blah RPM. Well, RPM is only so useful as it keeps you in your powerband. And maybe it gives you the ability to use more aggressive gearing. The more power you have the less meaning this has. I'd give points to the S65 but with RPM also comes side loading, negating some of the benefits of that nice closed deck since you're now straining it more.

What it comes down to is the S65 has a full liter more displacement on the N54. The rest of the stuff is petty when it comes to built motors. To make up for that displacement disadvantage you're going to have to run more boost, and at that point you're hoping that he will grenade first. Your odds are actually pretty even here I'd say, but you are stressing your engine more per liter of displacement than he is. The major reason we even have a chance is because the S65 is physically fat as $#@! and as such they have to run superchargers because there's no room for a good turbo setup.

The best way to reliably beat a built turbocharged S65 is with an engine swap. You're going to need something either large in displacement or made of iron if you want to compete with a fully built S65 in the endgame. Otherwise you're just winning because they are limited in their options still. Sorry guis.

Myself personally, if I wanted to get bad fuel economy with a tuned V8, I wouldn't choose a S65. It is an amazing motor for what it is, but you all know my slightly biased stance towards gods gift to the racing world, the iron block LSx. The N54 is an amazing motor for what it is, and has set more "tuner" records than any S65 ever will, but it's a 3.0L aluminum open deck spinner that will inevitably find its breaking point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Didn't you blow your motor shortly after this? Also, your 135 is stripped right? No passenger seat? Just wondering....but yea you got him on that run. I want to see LM's car against a well modded hybrid or single 135/335Click here to enlarge
    No that was later at a different event. Trans kept popping out of gear and eventually broke down. I did weigh the car at the event in the video though, 3470 w/ driver. This supercharged M3 I raced was the fastest of the bunch. A few of the other supercharged M3s there were much slower.

The M3 w/ DCT is an impressive car in many ways but IMHO just adding a supercharger kit does not elevate it to where it needs to be. It seems they have to rebuild, go with much more boost, etc, to really get up in the mid 600rw range.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast