Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Hey shiv, is the Boost Control DC Gain a global setting - if i set it 5% lower will it always be 5% lower than what the autotuned max level could potentially be? For instance if one wanted it to be slightly less aggressive

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    oddjob2021- What transmission do you have? If you have a 6AT, just increase overboost delay from 5 to 10 and you should be good.

The reason you hit overboost protection is because you exceeded the max boost setting by more than 1psi for longer than 0.5 seconds. And this is because your turbos require less DC to achieve the same boost. So just keep on driving and the Procede will compensate for wastegate stiffness the more you go full throttle. For the first few runs, you may trigger the overboost protection. But as it adapts to the wastegates, it will all sort itself out. So there is essentially nothing you have to do other than run the baseline map. If you want to make a pre-emptive adjustment so that autotuning doesn't need to do as much learning, you can reduce your Boost Control DC Gain by say 5%.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i have a 6MT shiv, the event happened at the top of fourth. i wasn't looking at the gauges but at the road and my friend on the very fast bike next to me as you may imagine Click here to enlarge. my boost limit is set to 20psi. so i should lower the gain, the bottom variable, 5%? cool. the turbos are performing wonderfully otherwise, great on meth with the new mixture too. i cant wait for the dyno, but im worried about the fans they'll provide, it may not be adequate because of my intake setup, its great for the road with a wall of air but the last few places i dyno'ed had a simple fan that blew probably 25-35mph.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 09-27-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i cant wait for the dyno, but im worried about the fans they'll provide, it may not be adequate because of my intake setup, its great for the road with a wall of air but the last few places i dyno'ed had a simple fan that blew probably 25-35mph.
    pick up a couple of these at lowes to use at the dyno:
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_302420-20097...:SearchCatalog

... then return em the next day (and I'm not kidding).
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    pick up a couple of these at lowes to use at the dyno:
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_302420-20097...:SearchCatalog

... then return em the next day (and I'm not kidding).
    damn not a bad idea, asr has a set of these they bring to lujan... but what'll they think of me, lol, bringing fans to over power their fan lol. but i guess you've done it? they like it? lol its kind of short notice for me but maybe...
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what Shiv wrote, i'm pretty sure lowering boost control duty cycle gain will just be an initial setting that autotune will change once it learns how your turbos respond to wastegate position. It will make you're initial tune less aggressive on spool up and let autotune make it more aggressive as it learns your turbo response.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

damn not a bad idea, asr has a set of these they bring to lujan... but what'll they think of me, lol, bringing fans to over power their fan lol. but i guess you've done it? they like it? lol its kind of short notice for me but maybe...
    I actually bought one because the dyno I used to go to needed another fan to make it worth while... since then I've been going only to EPL which has sufficient air flow:

Click here to enlarge
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007 Click here to enlarge
    From what Shiv wrote, i'm pretty sure lowering boost control duty cycle gain will just be an initial setting that autotune will change once it learns how your turbos respond to wastegate position. It will make you're initial tune less aggressive on spool up and let autotune make it more aggressive as it learns your turbo response.
    thanks for the clarification doug. i dont see a garage for you, are you running a procede?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I actually bought one because the dyno I used to go to needed another fan to make it worth while... since then I've been going only to EPL which has sufficient air flow:
    cool pic man, i wish the dynos in my area had a set up like that!
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    thanks for the clarification doug. i dont see a garage for you, are you running a procede?
    Yup...you inspired me to create a sig Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i: PROcede V4 with BMS DCI (still not sure how they get along!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Anything new to report?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    3 Questions regarding Procede V5.

1) Is there any MPG gain results for the Naturally Aspirated Mode?
    2) Does Procede V5 have the same features for 535i and 335i... I heard the v4 was different between those cars.
    3) Is there still potential for misfire cylinder 6 at redline 6AT cars?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i actually forgot about this thread until you post here. well i guess this is an adequate thread to keep updating you guys on my situation. i did what shiv said, which was remove the o2 signal wires. so far it's done the trick. im running my map 1, (16psi no meth) and it perfect. We cleared all the adaptions (both pages)... from NOx to load control. The afr guage at first would never show a lean condition, even lifting off the throttle, when i know the injectors are off, it still show'd stoich. abid told me this would happen, that the car had to re-adapt itself and eventually the gauge would sweep left as it did. Well he was right, everything is back to normal as of now, no misfires or codes of any type, even cat code. Soon i will be trying map 2 (19psi+meth) to see if it misfires. if it does we know it's the coils. but so far so good.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

no misfires or codes of any type, even cat code. Soon i will be trying map 2 (19psi+meth) to see if it misfires. if it does we know it's the coils.
    It seems that misfires are a consistent issues with the Procede, this is the V4 right?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

not sure, but i wouldnt say it is procede specific. with all the unlucky stuff that has happened with my engine, it is no wonder it was misfiring when it was in the condition it was. put it this way, any tune will make a car misfire if certain conditions are met (certain a/f, specific timing, throttle position). and not to mention, i had no idea the newer dme firmware would be super sensitive to o2 modification. once that problem was 'clipped' the car is running great so far. and as always, i will update good or bad. oh and yes, im still running v4, maybe when i meet shiv soon i can grab the v5 MAP sensor and acc's from him Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

not sure, but i wouldnt say it is procede specific. with all the unlucky stuff that has happened with my engine, it is no wonder it was misfiring when it was in the condition it was. put it this way, any tune will make a car misfire if certain conditions are met (certain a/f, specific timing, throttle position). and not to mention, i had no idea the newer dme firmware would be super sensitive to o2 modification. once that problem was 'clipped' the car is running great so far. and as always, i will update good or bad. oh and yes, im still running v4, maybe when i meet shiv soon i can grab the v5 MAP sensor and acc's from him Click here to enlarge
    I see, the reason I asked is I have been getting a lot of info about Procede misfires lately but I thought it was with the V5 nor the V4. Not really sure what the deal is but when tuning one can certainly encounter misfires.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It is my opinion that these misfires are almost 100 percent tune related.
    They have been happening for a while now and mainly on automatic cars.

From my past experience, messing with cps offseting in large chunks at a time, will leads to misfires. Sometimes these arnt actualy misfire, as the car doesnt misfire, it just thinks it misfires based on the crank position signal that it recieves.

Weather this his happening here or not, no clue as I havnt personally tested or got my hands on a AT car that misfire.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i think understanding what the car does prior shift would explain a lot on why it missfire if its the CPS offsetting causing it (most likely since jb3 without timing control doesnt) .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

i actually forgot about this thread until you post here. well i guess this is an adequate thread to keep updating you guys on my situation. i did what shiv said, which was remove the o2 signal wires. so far it's done the trick. im running my map 1, (16psi no meth) and it perfect. We cleared all the adaptions (both pages)... from NOx to load control. The afr guage at first would never show a lean condition, even lifting off the throttle, when i know the injectors are off, it still show'd stoich. abid told me this would happen, that the car had to re-adapt itself and eventually the gauge would sweep left as it did. Well he was right, everything is back to normal as of now, no misfires or codes of any type, even cat code. Soon i will be trying map 2 (19psi+meth) to see if it misfires. if it does we know it's the coils. but so far so good.
    Abid mentioned that you had a AA downpipe fix in additional to the o2 modifier setting. So, in effect, you had two downpipe fixes on your car at the same time. Which causes all sorts of wacky fuel trims that result in misfire. Once all that stuff was removed, the problem is solved. Glad you're back in business. This is a good example of why I prefer CANclear to downpipe fix/o2 modifiers.

-shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    It is my opinion that these misfires are almost 100 percent tune related.
    They have been happening for a while now and mainly on automatic cars.

From my past experience, messing with cps offseting in large chunks at a time, will leads to misfires. Sometimes these arnt actualy misfire, as the car doesnt misfire, it just thinks it misfires based on the crank position signal that it recieves.

Weather this his happening here or not, no clue as I havnt personally tested or got my hands on a AT car that misfire.
    By this logic, running a Procede with no ignition correction will mean no misfire, perceived or otherwise. Hmmm... interesting experiment. I should try it just to see if it misfires or not with ignition correction off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    By this logic, running a Procede with no ignition correction will mean no misfire, perceived or otherwise. Hmmm... interesting experiment. I should try it just to see if it misfires or not with ignition correction off.
    No ignition correction, means set it to 0 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i think understanding what the car does prior shift would explain a lot on why it missfire if its the CPS offsetting causing it (most likely since jb3 without timing control doesnt) .
    Would you explain to us then if you don't mind ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    Would you explain to us then if you don't mind ?
    well i dont know this myself , was more like a question :-)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it does $#@! to be honest it just disengages the clutch to shift w.e ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i think it fiddles with timing as well to lower torque prior shift but i am not sure .....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jkfz1 Click here to enlarge
    3 Questions regarding Procede V5.

1) Is there any MPG gain results for the Naturally Aspirated Mode?
    2) Does Procede V5 have the same features for 535i and 335i... I heard the v4 was different between those cars.
    3) Is there still potential for misfire cylinder 6 at redline 6AT cars?
    Good questions, bump for answers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1) the answer is no
    JB4LIFE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast