Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Evolve Automotive E9X M3 S65 V8 before and after E600 supercharger kit dyno results - 200+ wheel horsepower gains

414 horsepower is more than enough power for most people out there. But then there are those people who read BimmerBoost.com and are not like most people out there. They want more out of their car. Well, how about painlessly adding over 200 horsepower at the wheels to your M3 with a bolt on supercharger kit? That is exactly what the Evolve E600 kit promises to do and as the dynograph below shows it more than delivers on that promise.

On a dynojet this M3 posted a baseline of 347 wheel horsepower on 93 octane fuel. At a mild 6.7 psi of boost from the supercharger on that same pump 93 octane with an aftermarket exhaust system output rose to a peak of 553.78 wheel horsepower. Basic arithmetic gives us a gain of 206 horsepower at the wheels. That is well over 600 horsepower at the crank. Repeatable, every day, bolt on performance for your M3. Not to mention an absolutely beautiful torque curve.

Dynograph courtesy of BimmerBoost vendor Undercover Performance @undercover @undercoverangie

Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That curve looks so beautifully familiar... Congrats Evolve Team !Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Swawesome! No that's not a typo: sweet+awesome= Swawesome!

Congrats Evolve!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here, this one might sting a bit for some people, but its all true, my old s/c kit vs my new kit

Evolve Vs ESS 550 STD/RPM
    Click here to enlarge

Evolve Vs ESS CONDITIONS:
    Click here to enlarge
    Notice a POSITIVE CF Factor?

All runs Vs Time- This is why I think the rotrex is performing better than just peak numbers, and starts to show the credibility in the statement of how much earlier I have TQ in the car:

E vs E HP/TIME
    Click here to enlarge

E vs E TQ/TIME

Click here to enlarge

Thats all about 1 PSI change fro E kit to E kit. Now, Of course its not that hard to believe, I had the lowest kit offered, by both companies. I ran pretty good times with the old kit, excited to see what november brings for the new kit Click here to enlarge

So I searched PG, I mean "RegularGuy" 's database for as close as we could get comparison with a vortech kit- turns out it was some of DSLJ's numbers before upgrading again and again

His mods as listed are: SC-ESSVT2-625 @ 7.15 PSI, CATDEL, XPGTNI, 95US, DCT

So a tad more boost up top, but its catless, DCT, and a tad more octane- nothing too drastic

CONDITIONS
    Click here to enlarge

Power
    Click here to enlarge

and Vs TIME
    Click here to enlarge

I think that is a good reference for how the rotrex at 6.7psi compares to a vortech at 7.15 psi. The rotrex comes into power/boost quicker, providing it down low, which give solid mid-range, and about equal high rpm- given its ~10hp for another 1/2 ish psi peak and more octane.

It reaches boost just a tad faster, which really translates on the road when driving- hence my reason to let anyone drive it to feel the difference

Click here to enlarge

I personally believe thats why my car is so competitive against cars that are making more power- of course, this is all a theory from what i have personally seen and done.. but hey, they like their kits, i like mine, we all have some badass M3's and we like to race Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    That curve looks so beautifully familiar... Congrats Evolve Team !Click here to enlarge

Thanks Andrew.

Rotrex FTW Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Omg BMW vendors getting along what site am I on? Oh yeah...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great numbers
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great numbers. Pushing my friends towards Evolve in anyway possible. Always like to support a business rather than someone who steals tunes...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Great numbers. Pushing my friends towards Evolve in anyway possible. Always like to support a business rather than someone who steals tunes...
    PM for a quote for a kit and install =) If you dont mind sleeping in SJ for a night we can get you in and out in 2 days including tune.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice numbers
    @LostMarine
    When are you heading to Atco next? wouldn't mind seeing this $#@!er run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick numbers and a beautiful kit. Glad to see Andrew and Imran getting along... How it should be Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mighty fine #'s!! Click here to enlarge

I recently purchases a new daily driver.. Dare I ditch the M5 for an Evolve S/C'd E92 DCT?? Hmmmm Click here to enlarge

I just realized Evolve offers Schrick cams for the E92. Is that something you've considered @LostMarine?
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Indeed!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Nice numbers
    @LostMarine
    When are you heading to Atco next? wouldn't mind seeing this $#@!er run.
    MIR is in a few weeks, I really want to get some rolls in before i dare test the limits of the dct, good thing, I can do both that day. If all goes well, i wont need to to any more drag racing until someone bests it Click here to enlarge but if so, ill go to atco the rest of the year until its closed

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    Mighty fine #'s!! Click here to enlarge

I recently purchases a new daily driver.. Dare I ditch the M5 for an Evolve S/C'd E92 DCT?? Hmmmm Click here to enlarge

I just realized Evolve offers Schrick cams for the E92. Is that something you've considered @LostMarine?

eh, ive thought about it, i know Evolve can tune for it. If they tell me they are ready to go forward with it, id be in. I like the idea of more power on less boost Click here to enlarge

E60 M5-E92 M3 Evolved is really not a bad deal Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    eh, ive thought about it, i know Evolve can tune for it. If they tell me they are ready to go forward with it, id be in. I like the idea of more power on less boost Click here to enlarge

E60 M5-E92 M3 Evolved is really not a bad deal Click here to enlarge
    I'm very tempted.. As weird as it sounds, I feel like I've peaked with the fun I can have with the M5. I've got the 08' G35s sedan for a respectable cruiser/daily. I think I'm ready for a nasty sports coupe in my life.

I'm currently torn between a S/C'd C6 Z06, Modded 6-Speed 996 Turbo and the S/C'd DCT E92. We'll see Click here to enlarge
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the old kit I was torn between the C7, had money on a 996 after I tookthe old the kit off, but saw this was coming and changed my mind. Personally, I couldn't be happier-best balance for me since I have more hp than most, a unique car, and all the bmw aspects retained.
    Sure the others can be ultimately faster-the c6 for cheaper, and 996 for more, but I wanted a turn (push) key solution that won't be down longer than its up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the old kit I was torn between the C7, had money on a 996 after I tookthe old the kit off, but saw this was coming and changed my mind. Personally, I couldn't be happier-best balance for me since I have more hp than most, a unique car, and all the bmw aspects retained.
    Sure the others can be ultimately faster-the c6 for cheaper, and 996 for more, but I wanted a turn (push) key solution that won't be down longer than its up
    You made the right choice , the 996 is mighty tempting but I don't like the idea of a 9-10 year old performance car, plus the parts aren't cheap!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I couldn't agree more with the all around aspects the M3 offers. It just dominates the C6 Vettes interior and build quality. The Vette is my third choice at the moment. A good friend just traded a VERY nice C6 Z06 for a 996TT and couldn't be happier. I'm liking the C7 but then we're in 997.1TT territory. I'm not in the mood to drop 65k before modding the car at the moment. Gotta feed the fam ya know Click here to enlarge

Seems a boosted DCT is calling my name!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    You made the right choice , the 996 is mighty tempting but I don't like the idea of a 9-10 year old performance car, plus the parts aren't cheap!
    The age is certainly the main negative aspect of the 996. A good friend recently had issues with his intermediate shaft and ended up with a hefty bill.. Granted he got it repaired at the dealer and I would have gone the tuner shop route
    Click here to enlarge

03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i just realized i use way too many winks and smiley's in my posts..

go drive another dct m3, with exhaust, and then imagine it with tq and good flat, repeatable hp like the graph Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Sick numbers and a beautiful kit. Glad to see Andrew and Imran getting along... How it should be Click here to enlarge
    We have always had a good relationship with AA. We love our uncle Karl. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    While the 996 is a little dated, you can always dress up the interior with more modern entertainment. And it's not like E9x M3 aftermarket parts are "affordable" in comparison.... $2k X-Pipes, $3k for a Rear Section, $12k+ supercharger kits, looming concern about main rod bearings. I mean, at least $12-15k in aftermarket parts/tune on the Porsche can have you in the 650-700 WHP area reliably since it's on a stock motor.

Regardless, you can't go wrong with an M3 or P-Car (any gen).... The German refinement. performance and driving feedback you'll get with either makes them worth it.
    Last edited by benzy89; 10-17-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Rotrex is excellent for low boost s/c applications, but for higher boost (12+) on a built motor (500+ rwhp), a Vortech is the way to go. But if I had a bolt on M3, the Rotrex looks like the ticket.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    The Rotrex is excellent for low boost s/c applications, but for higher boost (12+) on a built motor (500+ rwhp), a Vortech is the way to go. But if I had a bolt on M3, the Rotrex looks like the ticket.
    Exactly right. Rotrex just doesn't have anything for the big boost spectrum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. I dont see it as negative. Ive owned both kits, no comparison. Once i decide to drop $25k+ into the M, then maybe i would care what max boost i could run. the car is bonkers now, i cant imagine it at 9-10-11 psi... one day.. one day Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly. I dont see it as negative. Ive owned both kits, no comparison. Once i decide to drop $25k+ into the M, then maybe i would care what max boost i could run. the car is bonkers now, i cant imagine it at 9-10-11 psi... one day.. one day Click here to enlarge
    I'm torn, should I go straight to Evolved M3 or enjoy the car N/A for awhile?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast