Close

Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No

    FS: ASR Turbos, AR Downpipes, Vargas HPFP/RAIL upgraded- EVERYTHING NEW

    PM or text 305 975 5806 if interested

    brand new set of ASR Engineering Stage 2 turbos with ported shrouds, billet wheels, and forged piston style actuators for sale. Turbos are water/oil cooled(garret cartridges) and come with the manifolds as you see in the picture(DIRECT BOLT ON!). For those that don't know ASR makes their own custom fittings and lines that come with these turbos. Also the turbos/manifolds are for a 335i that is LHD so if your car is something else I'm not sure if the fitment is different. Asking $5500

    according to ASR these have the capability to flow enough to make 700 flywheel horsepower.

    New Vargas Fuel System-upgraded new HPFP/RAIL. $1100 shipped

    NEW AR Design catless Downpipes that have been ceramic coated $880 shipped

    Also have
    a few internals from a N54
    OEM turbo fittings (make offer)
    OEM hood shocks $40 for both
    ASR intake- I believe you can only use it with their charge-pipe

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Stuff looks pretty good actually. GLWS.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Stuff looks pretty good actually. GLWS.
    Ya and the fittings/lines look nicer then oem
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    626
    Rep Points
    1,086.2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i wanna see a dyno with these things.. GLWS...
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    i wanna see a dyno with these things.. GLWS...
    Me2
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,901
    Rep Points
    3,897.2
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Those look much better than before. Question though, how do you get the stock intake pipes over those new inlets? When we made bigger inlets we had them machined to take an o-ring and you got rid of the stock gasket and the intakes just fit right over the snout and sealed with the o-ring. I do not see an added place for the inlet to seal. Also 700 WHP? We basically built and tested that exact set of turbos, billet wheels and all and they were no where near that. Those stock manifolds will never ever support over maybe 575-600 max, but we found them to fall short even of that. Wheel size at that point doesn't matter. You can stuff as big a wheel as you want in there if the housing is maxed out, the housing is maxed out. The ported shroud is a good idea as with wheels that big you can get some surge due to early boost onset spikes. But its most prevalent with an 11 blade wheel. 6x6 wheels do a better job of keeping the surge down.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    i wanna see a dyno with these things.. GLWS...
    If you want to see a dyno of them, just take a look at the Dynos Dzenno posted of the test set we built for fun to test a 9 blade wheel, we used that exact turbine housing, same size turbine, and a modified inlet to take wheels that size or bigger. Not sure exactly what they are using but ours are at least that big.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Those look much better than before. Question though, how do you get the stock intake pipes over those new inlets? When we made bigger inlets we had them machined to take an o-ring and you got rid of the stock gasket and the intakes just fit right over the snout and sealed with the o-ring. I do not see an added place for the inlet to seal. Also 700 WHP? We basically built and tested that exact set of turbos, billet wheels and all and they were no where near that. Those stock manifolds will never ever support over maybe 575-600 max, but we found them to fall short even of that. Wheel size at that point doesn't matter. You can stuff as big a wheel as you want in there if the housing is maxed out, the housing is maxed out. The ported shroud is a good idea as with wheels that big you can get some surge due to early boost onset spikes. But its most prevalent with an 11 blade wheel. 6x6 wheels do a better job of keeping the surge down.

    If you want to see a dyno of them, just take a look at the Dynos Dzenno posted of the test set we built for fun to test a 9 blade wheel, we used that exact turbine housing, same size turbine, and a modified inlet to take wheels that size or bigger. Not sure exactly what they are using but ours are at least that big.
    Your asking the wrong person. 700 flywheel hp so depending on what drivetrain it's around the 600s. If your really interested in what makes them different why not buy them for yourself? I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of them!

    Last dyno I saw you said you only used the old housing and changed everything else so how is that the same as this? The power curve of that dyno wasn't even near any turbo I've seen when you were making less power then a stock turbo on the lower rpms.

    I don't understand your market stragety when your posting dynos using someone else's parts and putting your name on it. Doesn't make sense to me when I was under the impression that you never heard of ASR until recently and now your using his parts to post dynos? Why not post only your own product dynos?

    I don't even understand why you would even post in this thread. Are you trying to start an argument with me? Or are you trying to show off in some sort of way? If you have a problem then you should take it up with them and not a 3rd party INDIVIDUAL. I don't work for ASR nor am I a vendor for them. I'm only trying to sell and get the most out of a few parts from my car that I plan on not using. It's just silly for you to even be wasting your time on this when your backed up on work.
    Last edited by lamia2super; 10-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    Last dyno I saw you said you only used the old housing and changed everything else so how is that the same as this? The power curve of that dyno wasn't even near any turbo I've seen when you were making less power then a stock turbo on the lower rpms.
    You realize that's like me saying a stock turbo, FBO car makes more power than Shiv's ST until ~4500 RPMs when it finally starts to get on-boost. Don't think I need to explain to you how a bigger turbo or bigger internals (for higher HP) require a little more time to get on-boost.


    If you reread Tony's post, he had some genuine questions that anyone who's considering buying these turbos should be mindful of (turbo inlet piping)... He did make a mistake and misinterpret the 700 BHP you said in your OP for 700 WHP, but it's not like he $#@! all over the ASR turbo quality.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You realize that's like me saying a stock turbo, FBO car makes more power than Shiv's ST until ~4500 RPMs when it finally starts to get on-boost. Don't think I need to explain to you how a bigger turbo or bigger internals (for higher HP) require a little more time to get on-boost.


    If you reread Tony's post, he had some genuine questions that anyone who's considering buying these turbos should be mindful of (turbo inlet piping)... He did make a mistake and misinterpret the 700 BHP you said in your OP for 700 WHP, but it's not like he $#@! all over the ASR turbo quality.
    Shiv ST make more power in the lower rpm then those turbos in that dyno. Missing 100whp in the lower rpm compared to any turbo upgrade out there. It obviously something went wrong with the design of those turbos. My guess would be something to do with the compressor wheel not being able to spin efficiently

    Inlet isn't a problem when a couple cars already have them on. No one had to modify or cut anything to put them. The whole kits bolts on without any cutting or modifications. The guy with the German bomber Bmw has them on currently, which is the only person I know that's active on forums that has these. Now how did they make it so everything bolts on easily? Well idk maybe that's the difference bet. how ASR makes a product and everyone else
    Last edited by lamia2super; 10-17-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    If you want know all the details on how they make them and how they perform then why not just call ASR and ask? They design, built, and install them so they know all their is to know about them.
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    If you want know all the details on how they make them and how they perform then why not just call ASR and ask? They design, built, and install them so they know all their is to know about them.
    The lack of readily available information online is probably the biggest problem. And which dyno do you keep referring to?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The lack of readily available information online is probably the biggest problem. And which dyno do you keep referring to?
    Yes it is so I recommend everyone that's interested to Contact ASR to answer their questions. Some dyno that was recently posted on e90post and I wasn't the only person asking why is it making such little hp in the lower rpms.

    also every high hp dyno that I've seen with the title vargas turbo has mentioned something to do with ASR like ASR hybrid and ASR housing. Except for the stage 3 turbos
    Last edited by lamia2super; 10-17-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,901
    Rep Points
    3,897.2
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey man, I wasn't trying to be a dick, I apologize if it came off as so. Just trying to keep it real for everyone who might think they are buying 700 HP stock frame turbos. Its not possible

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Hey man, I wasn't trying to be a dick, I apologize if it came off as so. Just trying to keep it real for everyone who might think they are buying 700 HP stock frame turbos. Its not possible
    I accept your apology and your right 700whp from a stock frame turbo isn't possible, but 700 flywheel hp is a possibility.
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeI take that back because with enough mods/nitrous anything is possible
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    dropped prices

    NEW ASR Stage 2 turbos with ported shroud, forged piston style actuators, billet wheels, machined manifolds(LHD), and custom cnc fittings/lines. $5200 shipped
    NEW AR Design ceramic coated catless downpipes $820 shipped
    New Vargas Fuel System (New fuel pump and new fuel rail) $1100 shipped
    Carbon Fiber Intake snorkel from EAS $120 shipped

    ALSO have these parts i removed from my car (offer away)
    OEM turbo fittings/lines (make an offer)
    OEM hood shocks
    OEM MT shift knob
    OEM Sport front&rear sway bars
    OEM N54 internals- PM what your looking you looking for (I took apart a motor)
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    downpipes SOLD
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    bump
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    LOWERED price- Carbon Fiber Intake snorkel from EAS $100 shipped
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    UPDATE:

    NEW ASR Stage 2 turbos with ported shroud, forged piston style actuators, billet wheels, machined manifolds(LHD), and custom cnc fittings/lines. $5200 shipped
    SOLD AR Design ceramic coated catless downpipes SOLD
    New Vargas Fuel System (New fuel pump and new fuel rail) $1000 shipped
    SOLD Carbon Fiber Intake snorkel from EAS SOLD

    ALSO have these parts i removed from my car (offer away)
    OEM turbo fittings/lines (make an offer)
    OEM hood shocks
    OEM MT shift knob
    OEM Sport front&rear sway bars
    OEM N54 internals- PM what your looking you looking for (I took apart a motor)
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    bump! lets get this sold! Vargas Turbo upgraded HPFP and RAIL

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •