Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    ust spoke with Matt, it appears that Akash spoke with Matt about getting a tune from Gintani/OE, and bringing it back to Powerchip for us to take a read and retune the file.
    I certainly hope this isn't true, if it is, he is just playing everyone against themselves.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lost Marine:

LOL....

I make well over six figures a year, not including any income from Powerchip. So good luck with that. I worked for the second largest software company in the world. I doubt you'll ever find me unemployed or needing financial support. You can ask Jeremy himself, he knows. How about this, we go to the bank, and big eats small? I'm only saying that because you made a personal attack.

Powerchip/the ECU tuning business is a hobby of mine which I enjoy. I take it seriously and I have quite a few happy customers. My reputation speaks for itself.

Not to mention that it's sort of pathetic that you would make such statements when you're head is already halfway up your ass. I've never heard of you before or spoken with you, so I'm going to assume you're just another fanboy that lacks any appropriate information that would be needed to form a well reasoned conclusion.

Cheers Click here to enlarge

Sticky: Talk to Matt and ask him. It seems like these gong shows never end.
    Last edited by Mike Benvo; 09-28-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

How about this, we go to the bank, and big eats small? I'm only saying that because you made a personal attack.
    I just don't think that would work too well since Lostmarine isn't really a guy who seems to be monetarily focused. If he was, he would be in a different profession. Plus, this just doesn't come off sounding great. Trust me, I know all about making fun of people for monetary reasons and it is fun to push buttons maybe but it never results in diffusing anything. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you want to go down that route, you can try it with me.

Powerchip/the ECU tuning business is a hobby of mine which I enjoy. I take it seriously and I have quite a few happy customers. My reputation speaks for itself.
    This is how it is supposed to be. I have spoken with you and that is exactly what you told me. This is supposed to be fun, why isn't it?

If Matt says this guy tried to get OE Tuning software to bring it to Powerchip to dissect, I believe him. I think this is the most important thing that was said in the thread. I just hope that isn't the case because I have a serious problem with dishonorable behavior like that.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i never said i bring gintani sc to pc....i said if i sc w another company i would want to have matt do the tune....its funny how someone who wasnt there is making stuff up... matt is the one who said he recommends ess sc so i asked if he could do that...before that ess never crossed my mine... LM knows exactly what i am gonna do and knows my intentions...this thread is just going off in tangents now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    i never said i bring gintani sc to pc....i said if i sc w another company i would want to have matt do the tune....its funny how someone who wasnt there is making stuff up... matt is the one who said he recommends ess sc so i asked if he could do that...before that ess never crossed my mine... LM knows exactly what i am gonna do and knows my intentions...this thread is just going off in tangents now
    So what you are saying is you wanted an ESS SC with a powerchip tune? Not that you wanted to bring OE Tuning's work to Powerchip?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So what you are saying is you wanted an ESS SC with a powerchip tune? Not that you wanted to bring OE Tuning's work to Powerchip?
    matt brought up the idea about ess s/c and they tune....i never said Oe tuning's work to pc...why would i go with gintani and go to another company they have the competition beat.....how ever i though on sunday when he said it that a tune could make a difference with a ess car because i hear sometimes they go into limp mode...i have only talked to gintani about a sc and no other company

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I guess what, I'm trying to say is, if you want to go down that route, you can try it with me.
    Are you challenging me?

I don't understand why you would throw that in there.

Now are we talking liquid cash, other assets, securities, and investments? If so, I think you might be fighting a losing battle unless you have 8 figures. Obviously you've got a lot of capital considering the cars you build and the modifications on them. I on the other hand was down over 40K from modding my 330, and am just about there with my 7 series as well considering I've spent close to 40K on that car and now I'm about to have VAC Motorsports in PA fully build me a motor at a cost over over 10K. However, at this point in my life I feel that money should be put into appreciating assets rather than depreciating assets. That's where we probably differ in where we spend our money.

Regardless, this is pointless and irrespective to the topic at hand, so we can take this off the boards if need be.

The point is that I am tired of trying to help people only to be slapped in the face. Remember that he is the idiot that starting talking about my unemployement. Believe me, if PC didn't think that I brought something to the table, I'm sure that we could part ways peacefully. It's a hobby, it doesn't put bread on the table. I do enjoy cars, working with PC, and the industry in general, just not all of this political BS and backstabbing on the forums. I'm sure you understand.

thanks everyone
    Last edited by Mike Benvo; 09-28-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Lost Marine:

LOL....

I make well over six figures a year, not including any income from Powerchip. So good luck with that. I worked for the second largest software company in the world. I doubt you'll ever find me unemployed or needing financial support. You can ask Jeremy himself, he knows. How about this, we go to the bank, and big eats small? I'm only saying that because you made a personal attack.

Not to mention that it's sort of pathetic that you would make such statements when you're head is already halfway up your ass. I've never heard of you before or spoken with you, so I'm going to assume you're just another fanboy that lacks any appropriate information that would be needed to form a well reasoned conclusion.

Cheers Click here to enlarge

LOL is right, i havent even begun to get personal boss. I made a comment that your "hobby"/business is crumbling because you seem to distort facts and are piling up more unhappy customers than happy. Funny part is that i do make 6figures/yr, but my job is not something anyone can do. Its some thing for MEN, not wannabe's.. and i enjoy it, and im very good at it in fact, im taking a large pay cut to keep doing it in my current form as opposed to a contractor, but that is way off topic.. lets talk about PC again

You bring up your reputation now? your rep precedes you, and its not flattering. Again , you brought up Jeremy, whom I met 1 time and can clearly see that HE is a true Enthusiast. Its not hard to tell a liar from a genuine person.

With every post you are just making my point more and more concrete.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

not to put some cents into this or anything, but shouldnt a shop not be bragging about how much he makes or how much he puts into his cars?

So Craig @ SP puts 100k into his BMW. Does that mean he knows his $#@!? no that means he just knows how to spend a lot of money to get a car put together.

Im new to this whole drama thing and from an outsiders view, the way you defend yourself doesnt look all that mature. 8 figures a year or not. Ive learned that more money = more attitude and cockyness. Us low-rung people are the ones that keep this industry thriving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Are you challenging me?
    Sure, you can take it that way if you like, if you consider yourself a challenge.

I don't understand why you would throw that in there.
    I think LostMarine and others may be asking the same question as to why you decided to make some kind of monetary argument.

Now are we talking liquid cash, other assets, securities, and investments? If so, I think you might be fighting a losing battle unless you have 8 figures. Obviously you've got a lot of capital considering the cars you build and the modifications on them. I on the other hand was down over 40K from modding my 330, and am just about there with my 7 series as well considering I've spent close to 40K on that car and now I'm about to have VAC Motorsports in PA fully build me a motor at a cost over over 10K. However, at this point in my life I feel that money should be put into appreciating assets rather than depreciating assets. That's where we probably differ in where we spend our money.
    I don't really even think about the cost when modding the cars as it is just play money for toys. I certainly am not going to sit here and spell out finances, the fact you allude to vehicles and capital without me saying a word speaks for itself. I just don't think I'm going to sit here and spell out what I have as I don't need to. Plus, I just kind of have learned it is a classless move. I also don't want to make you feel bad as I think you are a good guy. I'm glad you are proud of what you have and what you have spent on your cars.

The point is that I am tired of trying to help people only to be slapped in the face. Remember that he is the idiot that starting talking about my unemployement. Believe me, if PC didn't think that I brought something to the table, I'm sure that we could part ways peacefully. It's a hobby, it doesn't put bread on the table. I do enjoy cars, working with PC, and the industry in general, just not all of this political BS and backstabbing on the forums. I'm sure you understand.
    I understand all too well, this is a very dirty business and I really don't like that aspect of it. Fortunately, all the vendors we have here treat me quite well and are people I feel I can stand behind. If I couldn't, I would remove them. The common theme seems to be issues with Powerchip though. I enjoy working with cars and this is just a hobby for me as well, but what is with all the animosity in this thread?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    8 figures a year or not. Ive learned that more money = more attitude and cockyness. Us low-rung people are the ones that keep this industry thriving.
    Did I mention you can only be a vendor if you have 9 figures or up? Liquid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mike, your a lil scoundrel, you really need to just STFU. PC needs to GET OVER IT AND STOP TALKING ABOUT JEREMY! MOVE THE $#@! ON and step your game up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Mike, your a lil scoundrel, you really need to just STFU. PC needs to GET OVER IT AND STOP TALKING ABOUT JEREMY! MOVE THE $#@! ON and step your game up
    Let's try and keep a civil tone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Did I mention you can only be a vendor if you have 9 figures or up? Liquid?
    Can you esplain in laymans terms please? 9 fingers or figures? I have 10 fingers, does that count? I have 9 GI Joe action figures...but only one of them is the water/liquid guy....is that what you mean?
    :bellyroll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's try and keep a civil tone.
    I usually do, but so freakin sick of seeing these lil immature clowns not be able to be professional and GET OVER IT. This thread had really nothing to do wit Gintani, yet Mike attacked and attacked and made it that way.

Pretty funny how this little nerd is talking all big on the internet about how much money he makes; just goes to show his level of maturity...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Can you esplain in laymans terms please? 9 fingers or figures? I have 10 fingers, does that count? I have 9 GI Joe action figures...but only one of them is the water/liquid guy....is that what you mean?
    :bellyroll
    a good LOL

ive just been reading this whole time

carry on...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The point is that Jeremy tuned all of the cars with the check engine light turned off.

It doesn't make him a bad tuner, he made a mistake because he didn't know the correct switch at the time. I've seen Jeremy tune tons of cars in front of me. Changes are experimental when you don't have everything you need.

If you wish to continue overlooking this simple fact, then so be it.

And none of the monetary comments were made until LostMarine decided to post about my unemployment, which is a joke to me. I'm just going to let this all pan out... We'll see where PC is and where OE is in the coming years. That will show right there who's got it and who doesn't. I do find it quite humorous that you can meet someone one time and conclude that they are a "true enthusiast" and not a liar. It just shows how well you evaluate evidence before coming to baseless conclusions. Click here to enlarge

And just for the record - What about Pencilgeek? Wasn't his CEL off with tons of stored codes when Jeremy tuned the stroker motor? Not to mention the host of other issues the car had? How about his elimination of the "dip"? I've seen the way things work, you guys not involved in the tuning industry can not make accurate comments because you simply don't have a clue whats behind the screen. If your simply going to regurgitate spoon fed information - that's your prerogative. For god sakes, I asked Jeremy to turn off the o2 sensors on my PERSONAL M3, only to find out a couple months later that the whole thing was turned off. It's not rocket science. It's a byte of code.

And Sticky, you won't make me feel bad, lets just take it off the board. We've always had a good rapport. I've supported your forum from the beginning, you know that. Whatever falling out you had with PC didn't involve me and I don't support that. I'm not proud of what I've spent on my cars. I'm proud of the results - there's a difference. And always a point of diminished returns when the car isn't a car anymore but just a consistent headache. Maybe you'll have a different view in a couple years on the industry.

Mspired M3, maybe you should go back into your cage. You sound like a psycho that missed a dose of Lithium.

Mike

PS: I got a text from Matt and wanted to post it FYI: "Maybe Akash is right about meaning ess I can't argue that I was tuning a car while talking to him". So maybe he was talking about ripping off ESS, and not Gintani. I can't be sure as I wasn't there. Either way it's to the same effect.
    Last edited by Mike Benvo; 09-29-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

And Sticky, you won't make me feel bad, lets just take it off the board. We've always had a good rapport. I've supported your forum from the beginning, you know that. Whatever falling out you had with PC didn't involve me and I don't support that.
    Exactly, no issues whatsoever and you aren't responsible for anything regarding Powerchip that concerns or has concerned me.

The point is that Jeremy tuned all of the cars with the check engine light turned off.
    How so? My CEL came on with the Powerchip tune until I requested it be disabled due to my exhaust. The only issue I ever had was in it not being re-enabled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

PS: I got a text from Matt and wanted to post it FYI: "Maybe Akash is right about meaning ess I can't argue that I was tuning a car while talking to him". So maybe he was talking about ripping off ESS, and not Gintani. I can't be sure as I wasn't there. Either way it's to the same effect.
    Ok, I missed this as it was edited in later. Let's see what he says, but either way, you seem to be stating the goal was to rip off a tune from someone. I just don't understand what he would have to gain by doing that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

How so? My CEL came on with the Powerchip tune until I requested it be disabled due to my exhaust. The only issue I ever had was in it not being re-enabled.
    That's in your situation. After that many cars that Jeremy tuned the had the cel delete. It was supposed to turn of the rear o2's only, not the cel.

How much did your CEL being turned off wind up costing you in attorneys fees and repairs when your engine had issues? Did Jeremy tune your file? Did you tell him to turn it off completely or just for the HFCs/straight pipes?

To me, I couldn't believe it when mine was totally turned off. He assured me that it was just for the rear o2's. I took a step further to verify this and said "So it will come on for anything else", and received a nod of the head and "Yup". This was a long time ago, and doesn't really reflect ones tuning ability since it's merely knowing the location of the switch and the values to set it on or off. Not rocket science. Easy if you have the pertinent info.

But the point remains that a mistake was made there that has caused the very issue that Akash has been complaining about. In all of the years of the ECU tuning business, Akash and Dondon are the only two people that have every complained about me. And to be quite frank, I think they are both delusional. I've been in the game long enough to know what was said, what was delivered and everything in between. I think that's a great track record. I have no performance quotas to meet, so it's irrelevant to me anyway.
    Last edited by Mike Benvo; 09-29-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

How much did your CEL being turned off wind up costing you in attorneys fees and repairs when your engine had issues? Did Jeremy tune your file? Did you tell him to turn it off completely or just for the cats or lack thereof?
    This is a good point. I had to pay out of pocket for a mistake made by Powerchip. Did I raise a fuss? Did I demand compensation as most people would have? I took it as an unfortunate event and continued to support Powerchip. The thing is, the CEL was supposed to be re-enabled by whomever flashed my car back to stock. That was not Jeremy as I was told.

I ran a full race exhaust for offroad use, that is why I had it disabled.

No money in attorneys fees as I took care of it myself with some consultation of colleagues. I was fortunate in this regard, most people aren't.

Easy if you have the pertinent info.
    Yes it is easy, and is something that should have been done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

8 Figures eh WWWOOOOWWW you'e so rich.. You can like buy Powerchip n stuffs....
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Riiiight.. And you're so rich off of the money Jeremy is paying you as a commission salesman using the same file that he used while working for Powerchip.

I'm done with this thread, it's a waste of time and energy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Riiiight.. And you're so rich off of the money Jeremy is paying you as a commission salesman using the same file that he used while working for Powerchip.

I'm done with this thread, it's a waste of time and energy.
    lol temper temper someone is heated.. I don't recall bragging that I had 8 figs chillen just to show off but ok.. Heres one for you bud..

Click here to enlarge

Buy one of these and post it I swear I'll shut the $#@! up...
    Click here to enlarge
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow, I just read a ton of back-n-forth in this thread.

Mike, it's nice of you to continue to reply to posters in this thread. It's also nice that you have supported this forum from the start as you mentioned. If I could just offer my 2 cents from an unbiased forum members point of view:

People are frustrated because you aren't taking FULL responsibility for what happened, and you should. You've certainly taken A LOT of responsibility for what happened by fixing the individual situations as best possible-- but when you keep referencing the fact that Jeremy, himself, made the CEL errors then you aren't taking FULL responsibility. Everyone knows HE did that, but it really doesn't matter to the customer. They paid Powerchip for the service.

Let's say I take my car to BMW and a service guy works on my car and forgets entirely to put my air filter back on, replaces the cover, and I drive it until it's screwed. Do you think I would want to hear how the service person worked against policy or he didn't follow protocol checks? I wouldn't give a crap about that. What I want is it fixed. And I don't want to hear how it was "that" guys fault. It's BMWs fault because he worked for BMW. BMW would be responsible. I'm sure you get this. It's your responsibility because he worked for you. Period.

This all sucks. And you're right, it sucks to get repeatedly slapped in the face while you're trying to help people. I believe that if all your clients are happy, then you really don't have enough clients. It's what you do to correct those that are unhappy (and how you go about it) that separate out the great companies. Right now, you're just not quite going about it the right way. All you have to do is exactly what you're doing now, with a smile on your face, but never mentioning the word Jeremy or OEM again...

That's my 2 cents and I hope this wasn't annoying

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast