Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 108
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Exclamation Mike at Powerchip + CEL's and Tunes on the S65

    So i have had my tune for a while now and after yesterday events i would like to post my opinion on the tune and Mike's attitude before the tune and after.

    I have had my tune for at least 7 months now and love it. The car drives so much smoother, feels like theirs more tq and a little better fuel milage. The car down low was much smoother but once you got to 4.5 rmp the car would just go harder than stock. The throttle response before the tune was sluggish compared to after the tune. Mike was great to deal before i got the tune.

    So i posted something in the Powerchip reflash/ tune day (on M3post) in Ny yesterday about how they turned my cel off and that i wanted a reflash. So i got a angry call from Mike :mad0260: yesterday asking why i wrote that after they said they blame their old tuner and they were being nice guys for coming out there. Well mike you werent nice you make up excuses and your attitude toward me is inexcusable. I will never deal with PC ever again all they want is your $$$. They will be all nice and get back to you right away before you buy the tune. But after i cant even believe i gave this company business honestly. I loved the tune its great but the way Mike acted toward me is unprofessional.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Mike had always been nice to me but I'm not sure what to say.

    For the record, I had issues with them forgetting to re-enable to the CEL also.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    he was really nice when i spoke to him about getting tune and then after my post and talk very unprofessional..... i am glad i only have this tune for a little longer and no more Pc welcome OE and Gintani

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    he was really nice when i spoke to him about getting tune and then after my post and talk very unprofessional..... i am glad i only have this tune for a little longer and no more Pc welcome OE and Gintani
    Have you met Jeremy before? When i talked to him i was more interested in talking to him about your car, currently and upgraded, but he had so much insight about what he could do with mine...

    Good choice on OE and Gintani.. and I cant wait.. Leave PC where it belongs, in the past...and in the dust..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Have you met Jeremy before? When i talked to him i was more interested in talking to him about your car, currently and upgraded, but he had so much insight about what he could do with mine...

    Good choice on OE and Gintani.. and I cant wait.. Leave PC where it belongs, in the past...and in the dust..
    yes i have spoken to him once and he had alot of insight on s65 motor really nice person and seems to care about his customers and others.....i cant wait for Jeremy to tune my car...Pc is a great company for a tune i just dont like the lack of professionalism by Mike. if anyone does deal with PC Matt is the person to talk too

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    if anyone does deal with PC Matt is the person to talk too
    Matt is a great guy, period. Always respectful, courteous, and no BS.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Meet Matt this weekend great guy and deff recommend Matt over mike any day for a tune deff go to Matt if you need pc tune

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Akash,

    I would like to clear up your misleading statements as customer service is our number one priority. Please do not misrepresent what happened with misleading statements, incorrect information, and pure speculation.

    I am very surprised that you would make a thread about this considering I've only tried to help your case in terms of the reflash, as well as other customers experiencing the same issue.

    Maybe if you had a problem with my attitude, you could bring it to my attention instead of apologizing to me on the phone for making incessant complaints about needing a reflash.

    Over and over and over you have complained publically that "you paid $1000" - even while you were scheduled to have a reflash. We not only reflashed your car this weekend, Matt flew there to personally fix the mishap.

    I did not make any excuses. I admitted that there was an issue (and Jeremy did tune your previous file for the record, so maybe you should ask him for reflashes in the future Click here to enlarge), and said that we would warranty it and reflash your vehicle free of charge.

    When I called you, I simply asked why you kept posting such negative things about the tune, and asked you how else I could assist you other than providing the pro bono reflash which included our latest software updates. It also removed the changes to our base file that created your check engine light issue. I advised you that your posts were unnecessary, especially when there was already an appointment scheduled to rectify the issue on your car.

    I informed you that we would be reflashing your car whether or not you removed the post - that it was beside the issue. All I told you is that I was disappointed with your handling of the situation - I would hardly call it an angry phone call. To be bluntly honest, I find it somewhat sad that you would apologize to me on the phone only to post half of the truth here.

    I did not act unprofessional in any regard. Many people will attest to my after sales support and followup. As you admit, you have spoken with Jeremy/OE and I bet you heard all sorts of unsubstantiated remarks. If you take a look at the tune that Jeremy is loading into cars, you will see that the PC and Gintani tunes are extremely similar.

    The tune in your vehicle was a Powerchip tune modified by Jeremy. Jeremy worked for Powerchip for about three years and prior to that did not have any tuning experience. He was trained exclusively by Powerchip, so please don't think that you have a miracle worker there considering his unauthorized changes to the file caused the very issue you've seeked a reflash for.

    If our systems and procedures were followed, this situation would have never transpired in the first place. We have fixed countless cars that Jeremy has made check engine light mistakes, and mistakes in torque limiting maps. I'm glad you feel as if you are in good hands now. I'm not sure about you but I would trust a company that's been in business for over twenty years over a one man show that is loading almost identical files into customer cars as Powerchip files - but with changes that haven't been fully tested or developed.


    At the end of the day, your savior is the person that caused you to need a reflash. I will make sure to note in our systems that Jeremy/OE will be taking care of your programming needs in the future. We certainly do not want do support cars with unauthorized changes and modification to Powerchips proven code.

    Please let us know if we can further assist you.

    Thank you,
    Mike Benvo
    Powerchip Inc.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I like how Jeremy's name comes up in every post Powerchip makes give it a rest... It doesn't make it any less of a problem no matter who you blame for your $#@! software. Does apple blame some old engineer for $#@!ing up their antenna design? NO.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Mike.. your credability has been compromised long before this post.

    Ive known Akash for a long time now and can vouch for his honor and integrity. He was genuinley upset that you had called him and accosted him for posting about his experience with you. Your twisting of details here is obsurd, and I am glad you are getting the free publicity that currently are, seeing how it is always negative.

    Conversely, your former employee, who "doesnt know how to tune" is monopolizing the scene with excstatic and satisfied customers at every corner.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You can believe what you'd like, but my credibility has not been compromised.

    I have facilitated hundreds of tunes, and 99% of the customers are happy. Many contact me on a regular basis with different cars, changes to the code, and software updates.

    You can't please every single person I guess.

    We have been more than reasonable with Akash. How many companies would fly to the east coast to fix all of the mistakes a previous employee made?

    I'm not sure how you can sit here and try to defend his statements about how much better OE Tuning is when he is in fact the same person that programmed Akashes file with the check engine light problem. But I'm sure you're quick to overlook the apparent facts on the surface. You can choose which facts enter into your assessment of the situation, but to me it's ironic that you are praising the tuner which caused this issue.

    I never made a statement that Jeremy does not know how to tune. You are putting words in my mouth and trying to spin this. The fact of the matter is that we've retuned over fifty cars that have had the check engine light delete - all of the files were programmed by Jeremy. Fact, not fiction. Take it or leave it. That's not to say that he doesn't know how to tune. It's simply a matter of fact and you can give it whatever weight you desire.

    Jon Martin: If Powerchip software is $#@!, the software in your car is $#@! too. I've seen the files from Gintani cars, some of them are a 100% match to the powerchip files. Let's not play games here and ignore the elephant in the room.



    Thank you,
    Mike Benvo
    Powerchip Inc.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    've seen the files from Gintani cars, some of them are a 100% match to the powerchip files.
    Well, I mean we all understand this. Same tuner is going to have some similar things going on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    How many companies would fly to the east coast to fix all of the mistakes a previous employee made?
    I see, so you are blaming this all on Jeremy?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see, so you are blaming this all on Jeremy?
    Jeremy tuned the file. It's not matter of blame. It's a matter of fact.

    Granted, I think that PC should have caught this issue sooner - and that it shouldn't have perpetuated to the level it has.

    I have been working diligently to take care of each and every customer with this issue. What more can I do? I'm not involved with all of these politics. Jeremy and I were friends before the whole split up happened. I don't have any issues with him, but PC does. I am simply stating the truth, not trying to pass blame.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    Jeremy tuned the file. It's not matter of blame. It's a matter of fact.
    Jeremy tuned my file, wasn't his fault my CEL was not re-enabled, correct?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    I have been working diligently to take care of each and every customer with this issue.
    I do not doubt you on this. I have heard how you have taken care of people.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    What more can I do? I'm not involved with all of these politics.
    If you did your best to resolve something to a customer's satisfaction I do not think there is any more you can do. However, you imply Jeremy created a mess and that you are now somehow sorting it out. You are making it seem as if he created issues which I do not believe is an accurate representation.

    I'm familiar with the issue mentioned here and have no desire to blame anyone and I don't think any finger pointing is even necessary. What is necessary is getting the customer what they want to be happy, no need for any of this. It does seem he is not happy though.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    Jeremy tuned the file. It's not matter of blame. It's a matter of fact.

    Granted, I think that PC should have caught this issue sooner - and that it shouldn't have perpetuated to the level it has.

    I have been working diligently to take care of each and every customer with this issue. What more can I do? I'm not involved with all of these politics. Jeremy and I were friends before the whole split up happened. I don't have any issues with him, but PC does. I am simply stating the truth, not trying to pass blame.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    You can believe what you'd like, but my credibility has not been compromised.

    I have facilitated hundreds of tunes, and 99% of the customers are happy. Many contact me on a regular basis with different cars, changes to the code, and software updates.

    You can't please every single person I guess.

    We have been more than reasonable with Akash. How many companies would fly to the east coast to fix all of the mistakes a previous employee made?

    I'm not sure how you can sit here and try to defend his statements about how much better OE Tuning is when he is in fact the same person that programmed Akashes file with the check engine light problem. But I'm sure you're quick to overlook the apparent facts on the surface. You can choose which facts enter into your assessment of the situation, but to me it's ironic that you are praising the tuner which caused this issue.

    I never made a statement that Jeremy does not know how to tune. You are putting words in my mouth and trying to spin this. The fact of the matter is that we've retuned over fifty cars that have had the check engine light delete - all of the files were programmed by Jeremy. Fact, not fiction. Take it or leave it. That's not to say that he doesn't know how to tune. It's simply a matter of fact and you can give it whatever weight you desire.

    Jon Martin: If Powerchip software is $#@!, the software in your car is $#@! too. I've seen the files from Gintani cars, some of them are a 100% match to the powerchip files. Let's not play games here and ignore the elephant in the room.



    Thank you,
    Mike Benvo
    Powerchip Inc.
    Enough crying about it.

    Blah Blah .

    Jeremy is the Devil.
    Jeremy beat you up and stole your girlfriend
    Jeremy caused global warming
    Jeremy stores weapons of mass destruction in his basement

    All we hear about from Powerchip these days is about Jeremy you all talk about him more then about your own product. Its pretty sad maybe you don't understand people don't wanna hear excuses all it does is make you look bad. If a customer says they have an issue stop bringing up Jeremy's name and just fix it or send them to Jeremy cause thats where they'll end up eventually with those excuses and poor customer service.


    Jon Martin: If Powerchip software is $#@!, the software in your car is $#@! too. I've seen the files from Gintani cars, some of them are a 100% match to the powerchip files. Let's not play games here and ignore the elephant in the room.
    100% match eh? Is that the same file with all the problems? So "your" tune has the same problems? or are you just admitting that you like to copy his tune? You're not making any sense first you say Jeremy can't tune yet you use the same file on other peoples cars? LOL.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Mike you threaten not to re-flash my car so i had to sorry for the post so i would get a re-flash...when i paid 1000 buck for a tune what is so misleading with the statement its true...Mike you should re-flash your car as well because matt told me my car was just like yours so change that 0 to a 1 for your cel fix wait do you even tune?....I recommend PC tune but go with Matt and you can clearly see how mike is. anyways i am cool with matt and i will only deal with him now.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is really funny.......

    Considering you use previous work done by another employee that you exile to promote your "akra file "which was created back on the Texas group buy, which isn't even your current work. Wonder how many will get hook line and sinkered into that ploy.

    Example here:

    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ight=powerchip

    When in reality this is what your customer's receive. These newest "files" that looks like someone amateur tried to create are some of the poorest power results and AFR's I've ever seen on a reflash:

    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ight=powerchip


    Benvo, How many times have you gone to Gintani and asked (even recently) to RESELL THEIR TUNES? Does Wayne know that?

    I suggest you keep trying to improve your work and not talk about others. Because the skeletons do indeed come out of their closet this time of year Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Jon,

    This is actually one of the first times I've ever posted posted anything about Jeremy. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not interested in being in the middle of this situation.

    Jeremy is not the devil. I don't have any issue with him. So you can continue to put words in my mouth if that's what makes you feel comfortable.


    Akash: I told you that your car would be reflashed wheather you removed or edited the post, or left it as it. So now you are just a liar trying to start a fire. I wish I had a recording of the conversation so I could post it. At this point we will NEVER touch your car again.

    I'm done with this topic. The point is that Jeremy and PC both have solid tunes. But Jeremy did turn the CEL off on a number of cars. That's fact, you can choose to blindside it if you want. That's not to say that everything is his fault, or he doesn't know how to tune, or anything like that. I figured I'd state that because I noticed people make things up on this forum and like to shove words in your mouth.

    Back to real life...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    BrenM3: You might be a little bit confused, considering those dynos were done on Tim Fischers car and were done WELL AFTER JEREMY LEFT, on a DYNO IN CA. Maybe I'll post the runfiles so you can eat your words.

    So again, more speculation. Has nothing to do with Texas, so good job coming to all of these wonderful conclusions with a foundation that was never sound to begin with.

    And I've been to Gintani once in the last couple months, to pick up parts for my seven series that they ceramic coated. I wouldn't say that I was trying to resell their tunes considering that this hasn't happened. It's not worth being in the middle of all of this BS you guys live for every day.

    Take care everyone.
    Last edited by Mike Benvo; 09-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    And for the record for the Gintani employees/tuners:

    and I quote from post 39 on m3post "matt was great fixed all the issues and cool guy...great to meet everyone...matt please let me know about what we talked about on sunday soon."

    Just spoke with Matt, it appears that Akash spoke with Matt about getting a tune from Gintani/OE, and bringing it back to Powerchip for us to take a read and retune the file. Matt told him that we were not interested in doing that. So you can see how much of a loyal customer this guy is. Make sure you put a noread in that file Jeremy .

    Talk about a two faced shady customer trying to scam his "new friends"... Click here to enlarge



  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    i never said i was going to oe tuning then going back to powerchip get the story straight mike...i would go to matt if i went another route and he never said anything so i told him to let me know

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    aka if i was gonna go with ess sc which i am not... i would get a dyno tune from pc because ess tune for the car throw the car into limp mode sometime i hear i could but wrong

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    3.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm just letting them know what was discussed... You are clearly trying to make as many friends as you can, but don't have the best intentions in mind.

    Not to mention your blantant lies that I told you there would be no reflash if you didn't change your post. That's blackmail and something I would NEVER say or be involved in. So I hope you can understand why your bridge is burned with PC when all we have done is try and help you. I have no reason to say anything like that to you, or to refuse a reflash based on a forum post. But now, since you've made misleading statements with mal intent, I have a reason to.

    So enjoy your car with the ESS blower or the Gintani blower, and we do not want to see it again after the fact to "retune it" as per your discussion with Matt. Pick a company, and stay with them. Stop playing games with everyone.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks Mike.. a few more posts/phone calls like AK has gotten and im sure you'll be in line for unemployment benefits soon enough. deeper and deeper that grave is getting

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •