Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Schofield Barracks, HI
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    38.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Question Having a hard time making a decision on a tune.......

    Like the title reads.

    2010 DCT M3 with 20K miles. Still under warranty until JUL14.

    I plan going FI in about a year and would rather not waste too much money on purchasing a tune/parts along the way if I don't have to. Either the Evolve or Harrop kit is on the table as far as the FI kit goes(more then likely the Evolve). Meth will also be used as I've had great results with it in the past.

    In the near future I will be purchasing a set of TMS test pipes and would like to get a tune at the same time to remove the cold start(which I seriously despise) and SES light .

    Here's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger on a particular tune:

    ESS, Evolve, BPM, TMS, Vishnu, etc......


    - Since I will eventually end up with a FI kit. A part of me is thinking about going with the Vishnu Piggy/PWM to disable the SES light for the test pipes and control the meth for when the time comes for the FI. Only downside of Vishnu Piggy for what I'm wanting is that is doesn't remove the cold start. I'm aware that the FI kit will require the custom tune on top of the Vishnu.

    - The other tunes would get me the performance results I'm looking for and remove the SES and cold start but obviously wouldn't control the meth flow.

    Unless there is another form of meth control besides the Vishnu that is being used by folks, I feel like the Vishnu Piggy is a purchase that I will have to make regardless. I also don't particularly care for Vishnu products to put it kindly.

    Really wish there was a BB flash for the S65 platform like the N54. I would just flash a BIN that had the cold start and SES disabled until the time came for FI.

    Does anyone else have any ideas on how to accomplish what I'm looking for without wasting money in the process??

    Thanks in advance!!
    -Nick

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol, i just posted a teaser addressing this in another thread. If you want FI, then wait. Do not do meth. you need a tune for it, no doubt, ive tried it over and over, ive watched people with the meth run their cars. a proper system doesnt need it.

    The N/A s65 runs consistant and the cooling isnt needed.

    I say wait because unless your N/A tune is from your FI kit of choice, its a waste, regardless of who it is.

    Get the rear exhaust you want now, all the rest can wait. the power from catless is nice, but if the CEL is going to bother you, you will be wasting $ on a tune if it doesnt pair to your s/c kit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46m3to335i Click here to enlarge
    Here's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger on a particular tune:

    ESS, Evolve, BPM, TMS, Vishnu, etc......
    ESS - no

    Evolve - Yes

    BPM - I don't know

    TMS - Yes

    Vishnu - No

    Add Active Autowerke and OE Tuning to the list.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46m3to335i Click here to enlarge
    Really wish there was a BB flash for the S65 platform like the N54. I would just flash a BIN that had the cold start and SES disabled until the time came for FI.

    Does anyone else have any ideas on how to accomplish what I'm looking for without wasting money in the process??
    No. You need to pay to play.

    If you are worried about money or a tune now how are you going to spend $10k+ afterwards on a supercharger kit plus install?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Schofield Barracks, HI
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    38.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, i just posted a teaser addressing this in another thread. If you want FI, then wait. Do not do meth. you need a tune for it, no doubt, ive tried it over and over, ive watched people with the meth run their cars. a proper system doesnt need it.

    The N/A s65 runs consistant and the cooling isnt needed.

    I say wait because unless your N/A tune is from your FI kit of choice, its a waste, regardless of who it is.

    Get the rear exhaust you want now, all the rest can wait. the power from catless is nice, but if the CEL is going to bother you, you will be wasting $ on a tune if it doesnt pair to your s/c kit.
    Are you referring to the muffler section? If so, I did the OEM exhaust mod a couple weeks ago.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Schofield Barracks, HI
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    38.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No. You need to pay to play.

    If you are worried about money or a tune now how are you going to spend $10k+ afterwards on a supercharger kit plus install?
    I don't have a issue with paying to play, trust me. I knew that came with the S65 territory prior to, coming from the N54 scene.

    I just don't like paying twice for something with the same end result.

    I don't its necessary to pay less for something that gives you the same end result, is it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46m3to335i Click here to enlarge
    I don't have a issue with paying to play, trust me. I knew that came with the S65 territory prior to, coming from the N54 scene.

    I just don't like paying twice for something with the same end result.

    I don't its necessary to pay less for something that gives you the same end result, is it?
    One is an NA tune and one is a forced induction tune. Simply two different things. You can't have both unless you buy both. My powerchip NA tune didn't apply in any way to my supercharger tune.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    If you're pretty sure you'll go evolve, I'm pretty sure they'd extend a discount if you went from their Tune to their Supercharger kit.... It's obviously the tune with the most R&D invested and their team isn't afraid to elaborate on the changes they made and where they differ from the other options.


    If you want to skip the tune part, just set the funds aside for when you're ready to splurge, find an X-Pipe to your liking & go all out.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46m3to335i Click here to enlarge
    Are you referring to the muffler section? If so, I did the OEM exhaust mod a couple weeks ago.
    Then your good. the exhaust just makes you enjoy the car that much more, which is why its no $ wasted. I cant give you my honest review without sounding like im trying to sell you a product, because its that good.

    give it a day or and you will see why (maybe youtube "evolve supercharged M3" and look through results for my car Click here to enlarge )- but you can review @flipm3 's thread on his N/A experience, then look at my own path, having every option available, my own decisions, and my own excitement and why im so stoked Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Schofield Barracks, HI
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    38.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah its funny that you posted this today. I wrote Imran and Sal a couple PM's and emails yesterday asking a list of questions. Havent heard back from either of them yet. kind of surprised, I've heard nothing but great comments on their customer service.

    Seems Terry's customer service has spoiled me someone after 4 years, lol.

    Made the decision last night to just purchase the Evolve NA tune and test pipes for now since im already leaning really hard torwards the Evolve kit down the road.

    If I dont' hear anything back from Evolve in the next couple days, it will put a sour taste in my mouth.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46m3to335i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah its funny that you posted this today. I wrote Imran and Sal a couple PM's and emails yesterday asking a list of questions. Havent heard back from either of them yet. kind of surprised, I've heard nothing but great comments on their customer service.

    Seems Terry's customer service has spoiled me someone after 4 years, lol.

    Made the decision last night to just purchase the Evolve NA tune and test pipes for now since im already leaning really hard torwards the Evolve kit down the road.

    If I dont' hear anything back from Evolve in the next couple days, it will put a sour taste in my mouth.
    They will get back to you Click here to enlarge Good choice BTW Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    vishnu? lol

    wow... you made the right choice with evolve. The m3 i'm picking up this week has a bpm tune, i'll probably just leave it till spring when i go FI. I really want to get rid of the cold start so I may switch over to a evolve tune...we'll see.

    Post your impressions of the evolve tune!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    vishnu? lol

    wow... you made the right choice with evolve. The m3 i'm picking up this week has a bpm tune, i'll probably just leave it till spring when i go FI. I really want to get rid of the cold start so I may switch over to a evolve tune...we'll see.

    Post your impressions of the evolve tune!
    you shouldnt have any issue with the bpm, it is evolves stuff anyway Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you shouldnt have any issue with the bpm, it is evolves stuff anyway Click here to enlarge
    hah thats what i thought.... the car feels great. Can't wait to pick it up
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    hah thats what i thought.... the car feels great. Can't wait to pick it up
    when is that!?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This sunday! I have a wedding saturday otherwise i would get it then, my good friend is getting married, i'm going to be really hung over on sunday lol ....gonna suck but its worth it to go get the car!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    675
    Rep Points
    986.1
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Stay far away from Vishnu

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Schofield Barracks, HI
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    38.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you shouldnt have any issue with the bpm, it is evolves stuff anyway Click here to enlarge
    Lol. Stirrin the pot.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    ....gonna suck but its worth it to go get the car!
    Congrats on finding an M3 bob, get some pics up soon
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46m3to335i Click here to enlarge
    If I dont' hear anything back from Evolve in the next couple days, it will put a sour taste in my mouth.
    Keep in mind the timezone difference please.
    @evolve @Imran@Evolve

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Schofield Barracks, HI
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    38.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Keep in mind the timezone difference please.
    @evolve @Imran@Evolve
    I was stationed in Germany prior to coming to Hawaii so im pretty familiar with international coms. They recieved my emails and PM's 8AM UK time. I understand buisnesses get busy and that im not the only person in the world enquiring information, but if it ends up taking more than a couple days to return an email, I start to re-evaluate where to spend my hard earned benji's/

    Not a big deal, im sure they'll eventually email me back. I just expected a reply back a little sooner based off the comments ive seen made about their CS.
    Last edited by e46m3to335i; 10-15-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: ....

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    always

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    207
    Rep Points
    952.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46m3to335i Click here to enlarge
    I was stationed in Germany prior to coming to Hawaii so im pretty familiar with international coms. They recieved my emails and PM's 8AM UK time. I understand buisnesses get busy and that im not the only person in the world enquiring information, but if it ends up taking more than a couple days to return an email, I start to re-evaluate where to spend my hard earned benji's/

    Not a big deal, im sure they'll eventually email me back. I just expected a reply back a little sooner based off the comments ive seen made about their CS.
    Hi - Me and Salman both had a day off yesterday (rare I know!). PM replied to. :-)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol. see. I told you they would get back to you Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Schofield Barracks, HI
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    38.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol. see. I told you they would get back to you Click here to enlarge
    LOL. yep

    Should be placing my order today or tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •