Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Exclamation ***VIDEO*** Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG vs Modified BMW E63 M6

Hey guys, I know that vid is a bit late but I was very busy. Enjoy...

PS. That M6 is pure SEX Click here to enlarge

Disclaimer: All of this footage is computer generated and enhanced with visual effects... Please do not attempt to try what you see in this video
    Here is another exotic rivalry presented by AWD75 Videos. Both of the cars are absolutely amazing and gorgeous in person. SLS AMG is bone-stock and BMW M6 has bolt-ons. It was pretty amazing to see these cars going at it till past 180+mph.
    -SLS was riding solo, while M6 had a driver + 1 passenger (the cameraman)
    Mod List of Both Cars:
    SLS AMG:Bone Stock563 hp479 lb-ft Torque
    BMW E63 M6:Kreissieg Titanium Catback ExhaustSupersprint HeadersSupersprint Race catsEvosport PulleyBMC Air FiltersEvosport Evo 2 ECURPI Air Scoops
    More videos on the way!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice vid! Bro your vids are serious these days!! That's a lot of mod money dumped into that M6..
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    Nice vid! Bro your vids are serious these days!! That's a lot of mod money dumped into that M6..
    Thanks!! Well, gotta step it up. Much more race vids are on the way!

As for the money that was dumped into M6, yes its a lot. It also has lumma clr 600 body kit, hre wheels, custom paint, cf vorsteiner hood etc. Pretty nice car...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    All these mods and no mention who tuned it....

It would've done better with a stock body and lighter wheels, but it still got destroyed
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    All these mods and no mention who tuned it....

It would've done better with a stock body and lighter wheels, but it still got destroyed
    BMW E63 M6:Kreissieg Titanium Catback ExhaustSupersprint HeadersSupersprint Race catsEvosport PulleyBMC Air FiltersEvosport Evo 2 ECURPI Air Scoops

It was in the description...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NICE! Not sure about the tune, but id think there is a lot better tunes out there now... M6 needs Evolve tune with new spark plugs and some race gas! Lighter smaller wheels too! haha
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    NICE! Not sure about the tune, but id think there is a lot better tunes out there now... M6 needs Evolve tune with new spark plugs and some race gas! Lighter smaller wheels too! haha
    Evosport Evo 2 ECU then customized by ESMOTOR... M6 is more of a showcar than a racecar, but for sure those mods you mentioned will make it faster, but I still dont think that it is not possible for a e63 M6 to take down a base SLS without a SC or stroker upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    Evosport Evo 2 ECU then customized by ESMOTOR... M6 is more of a showcar than a racecar, but for sure those mods you mentioned will make it faster, but I still dont think that it is not possible for a e63 M6 to take down a base SLS without a SC or stroker upgrade.
    I agree, I don't think so either. SLS is a fast machine with good weight in stock form. Faster then most people think. Good videos. Keep them coming.
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree, I don't think so either. SLS is a fast machine with good weight in stock form. Faster then most people think. Good videos. Keep them coming.
    Yeah, I really wanna try it out against a porsche turbo or turbo s if I can find one... Thanks amn, more vids are on the way!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think you realize how much your wheels and aero are hurting you. Here's one with a tune and light (looks like Volk) wheels

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

All motor versus all motor: Watch a bone stock SLS AMG walk away from a tuned BMW M6 S85 V10

Impressive performance here from a completely stock Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. It is going up against a modified BMW E63 M6 from a roll. The M6 is modified featuring Supersprint headers, Supersprint race cats, Evosport underdrive pulley, RPI Scoops, Evosport Evo 2 ECU tune, and a Kressieg cat-back titanium exhaust system. The M6 also has a widebody kit and large heavy wheels that are definitely slowing it down and not helping performance.

Click here to enlarge

The SLS AMG with its lighter weight (roughly 300 pounds) and dual clutch transmission just walks away. The M6 does have a passenger but passenger or no passenger it is losing this race. A better quality ECU tune on the S85 V10 would help the M6 but really this is not a car set up for maximum performance with the added drag from the body kit and the heavy wheels. The SLS certainly impresses, enjoy the video below.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think you realize how much your wheels and aero are hurting you. Here's one with a tune and light (looks like Volk) wheels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7YaSlJr9g
    I don't think you realize that is not his car...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no replacement for displacement Click here to enlarge
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That'd be good for him. Look at it..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7YaSlJr9g
    im guessing you missed the description where it said 750 hp and NOS Nitrous Oxide System lol no way an m6 N/A without nos is pulling a SLS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    im guessing you missed the description where it said 750 hp and NOS Nitrous Oxide System lol no way an m6 N/A without nos is pulling a SLS
    With the right bolt ons it should be a good race. With a stroker motor it will pull NA but that obviously isn't stock displacement.

But the SLS has the advantage regardless with the weight and transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the right bolt ons it should be a good race. With a stroker motor it will pull NA but that obviously isn't stock displacement.

But the SLS has the advantage regardless with the weight and transmission.
    Have you seen how a stroked M6 runs or how much does it put down? I wonder how would that match up turn out...

PS. Tranny that was in M6 sucked big time IMO. The worst was Ferrari 430's tranny tho... I am pretty sure that I can shift faster w/a stick shift...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if I remember correctly, but doesn't the benz auto clutch tranny shift at 100ms and the SMG at 60ms..
    Healthy FBO S85 should be around 500whp. Would need gintani SC kit, make somewhere around 600+whp, (Gintani record is 646WHP) to mess with these lightweight high HP cars like the SLS I think.
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The video I posted it looks as if the M6 has a tune and sounds like it has intakes.

I'd suspect something around 450-470rwhp.

It ran 275kph in the mile, about 171mph. That's dead on with the heavier RPi M5 (I believe it ran 171 at the Texas Mile) with bolt on's.

That stock SLS peak speed was 286kph or about 178mph.

Could the BMW pick up another 7 mph? Maybe..Headers are the gem on these motors and PLENTY of people have touched the 500rwhp mark with them and a few hours on the dyno with a good tuner. The next option would be Alpha-N. removing the MAF sensors and running a carbon plenum. JAWS Motorsports has been doing this and they've seen healthy 20-30rwhp gains. It is possible to make 520-530rwhp+ corrected on a dyno and IMO that's plenty to run 180 in the mile in an M6.

It's possible, but yes an E63 M6 would need just about everything to beat a stock SLS. I'd suspect the SLS is more aerodynamic, it has more torque, it shifts quicker and it has a better launch control. It's also a true two seater.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if I remember correctly, but doesn't the benz auto clutch tranny shift at 100ms and the SMG at 60ms..
    Healthy FBO S85 should be around 500whp. Would need gintani SC kit, make somewhere around 600+whp, (Gintani record is 646WHP) to mess with these lightweight high HP cars like the SLS I think.
    BMW only counts the gear change in their quoted time of 60ms but when measured with a Gtech timer the actual time momentum is stopped is from 100-150 ms because that's takes the whole process into consideration aka letting clutch in, 60ms shift, letting clutch out.

the Benz auto clutch your talking about is the AMG MCT which does the complete shift in a quoted time of under 100ms.

The sls has a different trans than the other AMG's its a true dual clutch. They actually have no loss of momentum in their shifts so shifts times are basically instantaneous

A SLS tune only should run about 520 wheel and more with headers and of course their is now the weistec stage 3 kit that they are shooting for 800whp at first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The benz has a dual clutch...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    BMW only counts the gear change in their quoted time of 60ms but when measured with a Gtech timer the actual time momentum is stopped is from 100-150 ms because that's takes the whole process into consideration aka letting clutch in, 60ms shift, letting clutch out.

the Benz auto clutch your talking about is the AMG MCT which does the complete shift in a quoted time of under 100ms.

The sls has a different trans than the other AMG's its a true dual clutch. They actually have no loss of momentum in their shifts so shifts times are basically instantaneous

A SLS tune only should run about 520 wheel and more with headers and of course their is now the weistec stage 3 kit that they are shooting for 800whp at first.
    The benz has a dual clutch...
    Yea I was thinking the MCT, didn't even know Benz was actually using a real DCT now.
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be honest SLS,MP4-12C,458,GTR & Porsche Turbo (S) have the best & fastest trannys that I've seen. Also BMW stepped up their transmissions with the new generation M5-M6 big time but before them the transmission that was used in early generations of M5-M6 was not impressive IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I was thinking the MCT, didn't even know Benz was actually using a real DCT now.
    The C/E/CLS 63 use the MCT. The A45/CLA45 use benz new dry clutch DCT. And the SLS uses a Getrag Wet Clutch DCT same unit thats in the ferrari california.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast