Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

VARGAS UPGRADED HPFP/RAIL

@VargasTurboTech

After 5 months plus testing/tuning I feel I can offer advice for other custom ST guys

First of all the Vargas upgraded setup works. I made 642/514 so far no meth. I could have made more power but I decided quit there as the dyno was outside and it was 96F ambient.

As far as the lpfp side..I'm running the 255 inline and of the different setups that's the only one that consistently works flawlessly. It was easy to setup and I haven't had to touch it since I put it in.

I tried the in parallel setup and I believe it may support a lil more flow but personally it wasn't worth the hassle as I constantly had lines coming apart/swelling etc. I'm sure we could have spent more time and made this work but I don't need to as the 255 works just fine in tandem with Vargas upgrade.

Upgraded S2 twins or S3 may need the parallel set up as the curve is a little different than the ST power band. But if you want a simple working solution for up to 640/650 on an auto and equivalently 680-700 on a MT. I recommend the 255 inline and Vargas upgrade for big singles.

I still recommend meth for going above 640/650w though and I'll be installing meth kit soon

Disclaimer. This is applying to big singles on the n54. I can't speak to upgraded twins I.e. s3's. That's Tonys baby and I know nothing about them other than I'm anxiously waiting for one within a few hundred miles for some rolls Click here to enlargeThanks tony again for your support with my beast
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I need to do that inline pump..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

+1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Here's a pic of Dan's log from his dyno run so you can see his Fuel Trims. I believe this is with an e20 or e30 mix. I can't remember. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

yep basically zero until the very end around shift then back to zero.

that was E20-E30 not sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

What else in fueling do you have? @Ak335i It looks like inline pump and the hpfp rail from vargas?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    What else in fueling do you have? @Ak335i It looks like inline pump and the hpfp rail from vargas?
    yep, 255 inline and the vargas upgraded HPFP/rail

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Appreciate the kind words! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

How much is the upgrade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    How much is the upgrade?
    send a message to @VargasTurboTech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I sent him an email.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    @VargasTurboTech

After 5 months plus testing/tuning I feel I can offer advice for other custom ST guys

First of all the Vargas upgraded setup works. I made 642/514 so far no meth. I could have made more power but I decided quit there as the dyno was outside and it was 96F ambient.

As far as the lpfp side..I'm running the 255 inline and of the different setups that's the only one that consistently works flawlessly. It was easy to setup and I haven't had to touch it since I put it in.

I tried the in parallel setup and I believe it may support a lil more flow but personally it wasn't worth the hassle as I constantly had lines coming apart/swelling etc. I'm sure we could have spent more time and made this work but I don't need to as the 255 works just fine in tandem with Vargas upgrade.

Upgraded S2 twins or S3 may need the parallel set up as the curve is a little different than the ST power band. But if you want a simple working solution for up to 640/650 on an auto and equivalently 680-700 on a MT. I recommend the 255 inline and Vargas upgrade for big singles.

I still recommend meth for going above 640/650w though and I'll be installing meth kit soon

Disclaimer. This is applying to big singles on the n54. I can't speak to upgraded twins I.e. s3's. That's Tonys baby and I know nothing about them other than I'm anxiously waiting for one within a few hundred miles for some rolls Click here to enlargeThanks tony again for your support with my beast
    It's nice to see this feedback, especia;ly with an AT.