Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good to know. Approaching 90mph in the first half is nothing to sneeze about. You picked up ~22mph in the back half as well. So its not like you're falling on your ass in the back half.

My goal when I get an x1 would be 11's@115 if at all possible. My e90 traps that and i find its a happy medium for fun and reliability.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You will need RB or Vargas turbo to hit 115 trap in a X1 I believe. I think at this point even meth, midcats, and lighter wheels and tires will probably get me 11.8-11.9 @ 112-113 at most.

Do you have a e90 N55 trapping that? That's very impressive if it's not a N54.

The bottom line with the X1 the way I have it now is that it's running with C6 Vettes at the strip. That's ridiculous out of a luxury SAV and its priceless to see the reactions of other people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When I was getting an oil change in my 1M the dealer gave me an x1 for a loaner....I thoight it was awesome. Very suprised on how well it handled and it was very fun to drive. Good job man!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im sorry I didnt clarify, I have an 6mt n54.

Rev3
    pwm meth kit (use yellow heet)
    Dci.
    15.5psi taper to 13.5psi.
    And wastegate rattle so bad it would give santas sled a run for its money.
    All else stock.

If i managed 113 on the stock turbo, I think I would be really happy. Right now it seems you get to 100 in the 9sec range which is all I really need in an sav. Haha.

Keep up the great work!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

A BMW X1 as a serious performance machine? Believe it, BimmerBoost member runs 12.1@111 in his X1 xDrive35i

The world's quickest and fastest BMW X1? That would be BimmerBoost member paradoxical3 with his BMS JB4 tuned N55 X1 xDrive35i. With a JB4 G5 ISO, 40% E85/93 octane mix, BMS intake, BMW downpipe, and a Wagner intercooler he managed a very impressive 12.137@111.20 in the 1/4 mile. That's quicker than a stock BMW X5M/X6M at a fraction of the cost with just bolt on modifications to put the performance into perspective.

BimmerBoost can not find a 1/4 mile timeslip anywhere with a quicker result from an all wheel drive N55 based BMW so this appears to be not only have the X1 overall record but the N55 xDrive record as well. Congratulations to @paradoxical3 for his results on the strip and BimmerBoost looks forward to seeing him break into the 11's which are just a tick away.

Click here to enlarge

Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Incredible..... Good Job!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I really have to give credit to my instructor - he was very non-judgemental, unlike some of the other instructors! I could tell he was a bit apprehensive at first, but after the first session he was super impressed with it and he was pushing me to start rotating/sliding the car more and more. The first day was pouring rain and cold (perfect for the X1 LOL) and we were both having a blast blowing by everyone else while having the heated seats on max.

The second day was perfect and dry. A couple of instructors came over to me in the pits and made kind of snide comments ("You're in a SUV, save the lap records for a different car" kind of stuff). But once we were out on the track that changed quick when we were the fastest car and didn't get passed a single time all weekend. Afterwards those same instructors came over to check out the car and were super nice. Was funny, as I was walking towards garage 7 to hand in the instructor evaluation forums I heard some of the organizers standing around talking about "that little X1 that was blowing by everyone." Click here to enlarge Honestly, people were extremely nice overall and if they were laughing at me, at least they weren't doing it openly.

My instructor signed me off for the intermediate group next time and told me to request him at the next event. I will be doing more of these at it was ridiculously fun, and it's eye opening to realize how much more capable the cars are than you are. Especially the ride along with the instructors...after that you realize that you're nowhere near the limits of the vehicle even though it mentally feels like you are.

Sounds like you got the right instructor. I love sleeper cars.

How is the car holding up heat soak wise?

Sounds like the car is understeering a LOT. I'd look into a big rear sway bar (only) and optimizing the alignment on your stock suspension. You should be able to pull out chunks of camber in the front and adjust your tow accordingly (i.e in an E36 M3 with extended strut bolts you can pull out -2.3 degree's +/-). These two changes should get the car to rotate a lot more, and improve your lap time by multiple seconds.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is so badass. I've been thinking about one of these for the wife....I would prob end up driving it instead of her! I think they looks nice too with sport package and good wheels.

Run some 11s!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the mention Sticky!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like you got the right instructor. I love sleeper cars.

How is the car holding up heat soak wise?

Sounds like the car is understeering a LOT. I'd look into a big rear sway bar (only) and optimizing the alignment on your stock suspension. You should be able to pull out chunks of camber in the front and adjust your tow accordingly (i.e in an E36 M3 with extended strut bolts you can pull out -2.3 degree's +/-). These two changes should get the car to rotate a lot more, and improve your lap time by multiple seconds.
    Car has no issue heatsoak wise whatsoever. No limp modes or anything like that, oil temp stays right around 240-250. Was cool out though.

There is definitely some understeer but it's not as bad as it sounds, you're actually hearing the sealant over the concrete patches at Mid-Ohio. The instructors warned us about it - it squeals so bad and it takes mental adjustment to not judge tire grip by sound when you're driving over those patches. I plan on ditching the staggered tires in the spring and installing some camber plates. I think camber and tires is by far the biggest limiter on the road course right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to N55.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to N55.
    Can you please change the title to update the new improved time? Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can you please change the title to update the new improved time? Thanks.
    The article page already reflects this change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the mention Sticky!

I plan on ditching the staggered tires in the spring and installing some camber plates. I think camber and tires is by far the biggest limiter on the road course right now.

Wow, getting committed great to hear that someone is really planning on smoking some fast cars in an SUV.

Let me know if you go to Road Atlanta I instruct for all the BMW events. I was able to take our bone stock 2013 Q5 3.0T to a 1:54 lap - 123 mph on the back straight, or a 1:55-1:56 with a passenger and traction control interfering. That should give you a time to smash, haha.

I've driven the SQ5 with big brakes, torque vectoring/rear LSD and DSG and I think we will make the trade soon. The stock Q5 brakes are pathetic and it's nice to have a rain car. That car might have what it takes to get me in the 40's bone stock and is laughable fun when it rotates.

For reference Spec Miata's are in the 1:45-1:48 range.
    Last edited by onurleft; 11-11-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is awesome, love it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've always loved a sleeper - nicely done!!
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work buddy! I am still trying to convince the wife that she NEEDS to trade in her 4Runner for one of these... Then it will become mine (insert evil laugh)!

We might go back this weekend if you want another stab at 11's. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is so damn cool - this is an awesome SUV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow Para impresive!!! I bet you that WAGNER IC helped a lot i have one on my 335d, you have the car i wanted before my 335d and because it sold so much overseas it never came here till 2 yrs later and i want it DIESEL of course, FELICIDADES!! compadre enjoy kicking some ass!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lenny RENNTECH has a flash for these guys?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this.is.awesome! would definitely surprise the piss out of me on the road.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats pretty cool....lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, this is really cool to see. Kinda funny to watch an x1 roll 30 car lengths on an svt cobra. lol.

I just got a 2014 X3 Msport with n20 for my wife, I've kinda thought about at least tuning it. Has anyone tried much with the n20 x series yet? Just curious if its worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So the question is, how do I get in 11's? Here's the only log I have from that day - this was in a run where I had wheelspin and the transmission double shifted right through 2nd, so ignore the 2nd gear parts of the log.

From what I can see, my timing is pretty much perfect. So I'm not sure where to go next - I'm not sure if running meth will even give me gains.

Right now, I am debating removing the two midcats in the midpipe. But I think that probably is only worth 5-10whp.

Wheels and tires weigh 54 and 52lbs each, so by moving to Apex 18in and Michelin PSS I could save about 40lbs+ rotating weight. That might be more effective than the midpipe and even meth.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18682/map%207.csv
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    Great work buddy! I am still trying to convince the wife that she NEEDS to trade in her 4Runner for one of these... Then it will become mine (insert evil laugh)!

We might go back this weekend if you want another stab at 11's. Click here to enlarge
    I should be there. Can't resist the chance to run the ISF!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Badass X1!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast