Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW X1 World Record (12.563@109.74), full weight stock runflats

Okay, first off I realize that the X1 "world record" isn't exactly a hotly contested field at the moment, however - I think a soccer mom SAV that blows the doors off of Mustang 5.0's is pretty damn cool. I love this car. Full weight, all interior trim, 19 inch wheels and Pirelli P Zero runflats that weigh 54lbs each.Click here to enlarge

JB4 G5 ISO
    40% 85/93
    BMS Intake
    BMS Downpipe
    Wagner FMIC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's awesome, 1.69 60' is enough to jump out on some serious cars and mid 12s for an SAV/SUV type vehicle is great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks, there is definitely more in it too with some better tires as I was spinning them a bit even with the AWD. The torque with the downpipe (just added it today) is really a little ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have any videos? Speedo shots or anything. I'm seriously looking at getting an x1, and these times help make the decision easier. You have any times without ethanol?

You know your 0-60mph times? This must be a fun practical car. Might ditch my e90 335i for this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy 1.699 60'. Badass! That thing hauls ass lol. Congrats.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice 60' indeed. Can't wait til you are in 11's :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maui86 Click here to enlarge
    Do you have any videos? Speedo shots or anything. I'm seriously looking at getting an x1, and these times help make the decision easier. You have any times without ethanol?

You know your 0-60mph times? This must be a fun practical car. Might ditch my e90 335i for this.
    These are some videos before the downpipe and intake, car was running about 12.75 here.

Cobb tubed WRX

Camaro SS on Slicks

Grand Prix (bolt on, maybe tuned)

Cobra (older one):

GTO (was bogging in 2nd and still walked him):

I took some videos from the 12.5 run and I'll post them up, but they are kinda boring since I'm starting to realize that some people with nicer cars are avoiding lining up against me. It's to the point where it seems like every time I get the jump on people they let off because they don't want to be officially beat by a X1. You can see the GTO just give up around the 1/8 mark. There were a couple Mustang 5.0's there running 12.8 but I couldn't get them to line up against me. One time I was next to a white one and he literally pulled out of the staging line and drove away.

I did get creamed a few times though by stuff totally out of my league, including a really sweet LS6 swap RX7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice! It's pretty cool how quick non m bmw's are now. Throw some bolt on's and a tune and it's a quick car/truck/etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Very nice 60' indeed. Can't wait til you are in 11's :-)
    I wish! Not gonna happen on stock turbo, I'm already bumping against the flow limit. I'm pretty sure I can get a 12.3 to 12.4 though with just some lighter wheels, and maybe a rear seat removal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Beating a muscle car on slicks with a BMW SUV is priceless lol
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont get why some people get so sour about losing. Those videos are awesome. It really is funny how they just shut down mid track. Probably full of excuses too.

It'll be cool to see a speedo vid from a dig. My 335 did 12.3@115 with a 2.0 60ft...Amazing what a great 60ft does to your et. I'd be playing major catch up against you. This is exactly what I want... a stop light bruiser. You sir, made my decision easier.

You have a Rough estimate of your 0-60mph? Low 4s?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 0 to 60 has to be approaching 4 flat. It's pretty ridiculous. If you want a practical stoplight bruiser, it doesn't get better than this. And I realize it's immature, but it's so easy to troll people with. When I'm bored at work over on e90post all I have to do is post a timeslip and casually comment how it's faster than a m3 in a straight line and m3 drivers lose their minds about how much it sucks and can't go around a track. No $#@!, it's a sav! Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is so awesome! for 44k to have a suv that will beat a "Badass 5.0" moosestang!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    The 0 to 60 has to be approaching 4 flat. It's pretty ridiculous. If you want a practical stoplight bruiser, it doesn't get better than this. And I realize it's immature, but it's so easy to troll people with. When I'm bored at work over on e90post all I have to do is post a timeslip and casually comment how it's faster than a m3 in a straight line and m3 drivers lose their minds about how much it sucks and can't go around a track. No $#@!, it's a sav! Lol.
    LMAO....Never thought of doing such things. M3's here trap like 103-106 because of the heat.. I'd love to tell a guy there is something wrong with his car since my 300hp car is beating his m3.

It reminds me of when we used to go racing people at night from stoplights in a Banks F-250 diesel... at the track he was snagging 1.5-1.6 60fts. but then would do like 13.9-14.1 because he'd trap like 100.xx. And really, nearing 110mph traps is badass in an SAV. All i needed to know is if the car was able to do 0-60 in low 4's and 12's with just basic stuff, and now I know. Thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Took her to Mid-Ohio - was the fastest car in C group (beginner group, was my first time) including a e92 M3 and a 911 Carrera 2S. Here's my best lap before the gopro died (from my 2nd session, was faster in the 3rd). Stock runflat tires and suspension.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure when you showed up to a road course in your SAV people were probably laughing to themselves. I assume an instructor rode with you. What kind of comments did he have?
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really have to give credit to my instructor - he was very non-judgemental, unlike some of the other instructors! I could tell he was a bit apprehensive at first, but after the first session he was super impressed with it and he was pushing me to start rotating/sliding the car more and more. The first day was pouring rain and cold (perfect for the X1 LOL) and we were both having a blast blowing by everyone else while having the heated seats on max.

The second day was perfect and dry. A couple of instructors came over to me in the pits and made kind of snide comments ("You're in a SUV, save the lap records for a different car" kind of stuff). But once we were out on the track that changed quick when we were the fastest car and didn't get passed a single time all weekend. Afterwards those same instructors came over to check out the car and were super nice. Was funny, as I was walking towards garage 7 to hand in the instructor evaluation forums I heard some of the organizers standing around talking about "that little X1 that was blowing by everyone." Click here to enlarge Honestly, people were extremely nice overall and if they were laughing at me, at least they weren't doing it openly.

My instructor signed me off for the intermediate group next time and told me to request him at the next event. I will be doing more of these at it was ridiculously fun, and it's eye opening to realize how much more capable the cars are than you are. Especially the ride along with the instructors...after that you realize that you're nowhere near the limits of the vehicle even though it mentally feels like you are.
    Last edited by paradoxical3; 10-22-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Way to go man!
    08 335XI AT - 11.762 @ 118.40 (WRECKED)
    09 335i xDrive AT - STOCK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is awesome. Sounds like a ton of fun.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    Took her to Mid-Ohio - was the fastest car in C group (beginner group, was my first time) including a e92 M3 and a 911 Carrera 2S. Here's my best lap before the gopro died (from my 2nd session, was faster in the 3rd). Stock runflat tires and suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJW-Fxodk
    haha epic!
    @Sticky
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    New n55 xdrive world record I think. Not bad for a X1.

This time on map 7 instead of 5. With lighter wheels and tires and a midpipe I bet I have 11's in it.
    @Sticky
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very impressive! talk about a sleeper, almost regretting getting an F30 328i haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man, it just keeps getting better. You on stock suspension? What size wheels? How's the drivetrain feel with those 1.6 60fts? Haha. I can't wait for you to post a 0-60 video. This is simply badass. Great job!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully similar performance can be had with pump+meth or ms109 only? That's all I can get here..no ethanol pumps here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure 109 octane would do the same thing, technically thats what you are supposed to run on map 7 but I just run 50% e85 because its so much cheaper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast