Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if you knew this LM, but you can change the RPM of the launch on our cars using the cruise control stalk - I think it's in increments of 100 RPM, but don't quote me on that. I do know it's adjustable, that I am sure of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is adjustable up or down and it is with the cruise control stalk.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if you knew this LM, but you can change the RPM of the launch on our cars using the cruise control stalk - I think it's in increments of 100 RPM, but don't quote me on that. I do know it's adjustable, that I am sure of.
    Pretty sure its only between 4500 and 5500 i thought, an even then its one or the other.. I heard rumors of 100rpm increments, but ive never tried to play with it- thought that was after s/w updates

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure its only between 4500 and 5500 i thought, an even then its one or the other.. I heard rumors of 100rpm increments, but ive never tried to play with it- thought that was after s/w updates
    Yep - you are right:
    Do not use Launch Control too often, as the higher loads on the vehicle lead to premature component wear.

Launch Control is available when the engine is at operating temperature, i.e. after driving con- tinuously for approx. 6 miles/10 km.

1. Press the brake while the engine is running. 2. Deactivate Dynamic Stability Control DSC,
    refer to page 39.
    3. Select sequential mode with Drivelogic
    drive program 6.
    4. With the vehicle stationary, press the selec- tor lever forward and hold. A flag symbol appears in the instrument cluster.
    5. Press the accelerator down all the way. The engine speed when driving off is controlled.
    6. If you wish, you can adjust the drive-off engine speed by up to approx. 500 rpm: Increase the drive-off engine speed by approx. 100 rpm: press the lever beyond the resistance point, arrow 1. Decrease the drive-off engine speed by approx. 100 rpm: pull the lever beyond the resistance point, arrow 2. Reset the drive-off engine speed: press the lever upward or downward, arrows 3.

So - sounds like you can adjust for a total of 500 RPM (not much when all things considered) at 100 RPM increments...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Yep - you are right:
    Do not use Launch Control too often, as the higher loads on the vehicle lead to premature component wear.

Launch Control is available when the engine is at operating temperature, i.e. after driving con- tinuously for approx. 6 miles/10 km.

1. Press the brake while the engine is running. 2. Deactivate Dynamic Stability Control DSC,
    refer to page 39.
    3. Select sequential mode with Drivelogic
    drive program 6.
    4. With the vehicle stationary, press the selec- tor lever forward and hold. A flag symbol appears in the instrument cluster.
    5. Press the accelerator down all the way. The engine speed when driving off is controlled.
    6. If you wish, you can adjust the drive-off engine speed by up to approx. 500 rpm: Increase the drive-off engine speed by approx. 100 rpm: press the lever beyond the resistance point, arrow 1. Decrease the drive-off engine speed by approx. 100 rpm: pull the lever beyond the resistance point, arrow 2. Reset the drive-off engine speed: press the lever upward or downward, arrows 3.

So - sounds like you can adjust for a total of 500 RPM (not much when all things considered) at 100 RPM increments...
    ok, so its a total of 500 rpm, from 5000-5500, and in 100 rpm increments. I knew it was only available to go lower after updates.. but thats cause I actually have and drive my car, so im more familiar with them than someone that doesnt/hasnt Click here to enlarge

Once your on sticky tire and prepped track, i dont see any issue with 5500rpm, hell i did 11.3 with the old kit.. and that was 80hp less than Evolved Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's slow to adjust, LC is only activated for approx 5 seconds of revving before it calls it quits. I don't understand the "reset drive-off speed" portion of the stalk, I can't see where that would ever be useful, it reverts back to the OEM default after each LC use.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't ever had it call quits after 5 seconds on me and the stalk is incredibly useful on the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What kind of RWHP does it take to run that 10.89 @ 127.88?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ekks Click here to enlarge
    What kind of RWHP does it take to run that 10.89 @ 127.88?
    about 550 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats ESS Tuning for having the worlds fastest e9x M3!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dan avoN7 Click here to enlarge
    Ummm negative the worlds fastest e92 M3 is owned by VAC Motorsports .. 10.69 @129 VF620 kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Ummm negative the worlds fastest e92 M3 is owned by VAC Motorsports .. 10.69 @129 VF620 kit
    no, ess has it 10.64@131

and IM the troll? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no, ess has it 10.64@131

and IM the troll? Click here to enlarge
    WHEN WAS THIS!!!???? Ahh man I am lost... hahahah "Don't mind me"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    WHEN WAS THIS!!!???? Ahh man I am lost... hahahah "Don't mind me"
    Last year in December -- 1SickM ran a 10.65 @ 131.79 at Atco in his DCT E92. Mods were an ESS-VT2 625, Nitto NT555 DRs, Gintani X-Pipe, Borla Rear Section, AR Line Lock, 93/100 Blend.

An E92 DCT with the ESS-VT2 650/Full Exhaust also sent the E9x M3 trap record at 132.10 the same day, same track.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The jury is still out on that one. some people say LC is better- conventional trans operating theory would disagree; others say its the immediate pedal/mash/dump that does them in. In theory one that doesnt slip it is better for longevity since it heats it less.. then again, repeated dumping may cause hot spots..
    I paid very close attention to how that car was launched...., rev, foot off break pedal, little role, then hell broke loose. I would bet its the same method I use.. In this case, the LC method used by that M3 in the vid is best for the DCT at launching and can go back to back more than a MT or AT without fail. Proven, tested, and compared under extreme conditions. The downside, driveline Click here to enlarge issues, but of course a M3 has a way better driveline Click here to enlarge

Smashing gas just like that on a DCT car before the clutch is fully engaged causes more heat leading to more slippage = more damage. The factory method of LC are more injurious to the DCT than a help

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like LC was used to me? Amazing if it was, I would have expected that amount of power + DR + 5,500rpm LC (doesn't sound like it was adjusting) would have produced crazy wheelspin.

I spin with pullies, test pipes, k&N, evolve stg2 using PS2's and toggling the LC down to 5,000rpm. I'm wondering of the LC default was programmed to a more casual 3,500-4,000rpm
    He did not use "factory LC", that car was revved to about 3.5k-4.5k RPMs, and on decline of the RPMs the clutch engaged. This is different from the factory LC which just dumps the clutch at a "static" RPM range. It was LC just used in a different way which allows modulation.
    Last edited by BuraQ; 10-29-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10's will be impressive when a 6 spd manual makes it.. Until its just like "another one" oh ok.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I paid very close attention to how that car was launched...., rev, foot off break pedal, little role, then hell broke loose. I would bet its the same method I use.. In this case, the LC method used by that M3 in the vid is best for the DCT at launching and can go back to back more than a MT or AT without fail. Proven, tested, and compared under extreme conditions. The downside, driveline Click here to enlarge issues, but of course a M3 has a way better driveline Click here to enlarge

Smashing gas just like that on a DCT car before the clutch is fully engaged causes more heat leading to more slippage = more damage. The factory method of LC are more injurious to the DCT than a help
    .LC heats it more due to slipping, the smash and go is less total heat but will have hot/burnt spots... dozens of rebuilt/worked trans would suggest that a stock dct isnt taking abuse that like that for long

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Badinfluence Click here to enlarge
    10's will be impressive when a 6 spd manual makes it.. Until its just like "another one" oh ok.
    So 10's are not impressive? Does someone need to swap a 6 speed into a GTR for it to be impressive?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think i might risk the trans and go for it.. Id like to have the title of worlds fastest E9X M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do it!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So 10's are not impressive? Does someone need to swap a 6 speed into a GTR for it to be impressive?
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Btw, 10's are very impressive. I don't think people realize how hard it is and how much money it costs to have a reliable, repeatable, 10 sec 1/4 street car.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Title of world's fastest E9X M3, lol. Good luck guys have fun trying for that. Keep that title as long as I let you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast