Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your best bet is to get something that will help you further diagnose the issue with logging.
    A BT Cable can be used not only for flash tuning but also to datalog your car. Buy one immediately.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Your best bet is to get something that will help you further diagnose the issue with logging.
    A BT Cable can be used not only for flash tuning but also to datalog your car. Buy one immediately.
    probably going the Cobb V3 route, so i'll just get a INPA cable, so I can code as well. But I'm sure you're right. Logging will probably be the only way to identify the issue unless it gets significantly worse.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't there a mention once that a fuel pump on its way out can cause a hesitation but only in the initial partial throttle stages?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't there a mention once that a fuel pump on its way out can cause a hesitation but only in the initial partial throttle stages?
    i haven't heard this, but can anyone second this? So again, logging would help me determine this. If I were to see random dips in fuel pressure/trims during cruising situations, that would indicate a fuel delivery issue.... correct?
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had a brief look for the post but no joy. Logging fueling and timing was the way to go forward as yousaid. What was the outcome OP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    I had a brief look for the post but no joy. Logging fueling and timing was the way to go forward as yousaid. What was the outcome OP?
    Haven't even had the chance to get an INPA cable or an accessport yet. I just got engaged a few weeks ago, so my german mistress will sadly be receiving less attention (cash wise) for a little while.

Side note, damn weddings are expensive lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    still haven't purchased inpa stuff. BUT quick question....

Does anyone think cleaning and swapping vanos solenoids, along with a little bit of MAF cleaner on the TMAP sensor would do any good? It is a 07 with almost 70k on it...

Or have I been reading too much bull$#@! on the internet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some people swear by it, others just see it as a cheap and easy thing to checkmark. Most importantly, it doesn't hurt you to try it, beyond consuming 45 mins of your time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Some people swear by it, others just see it as a cheap and easy thing to checkmark. Most importantly, it doesn't hurt you to try it, beyond consuming 45 mins of your time.
    Are you specifically talking about the vanos clean/swap? And replacing o-rings necessary? I called my local BMW dealer, and the parts guy kept calling them actuators, and "his diagram" doesn't show an o-ring for those.
    Plus I've heard cleaning your tmap sensor with maf cleaner "could" cause problems. Plus sourcing the gasket/o-ring for the tmap might be an issue. Again the local bmw dealer did not have the part.

Anyone have experience with AMSOIL Powerfoam? I know pre-turbo might be a bad idea, blowing gunk into your turbos is never a good thing, but what about right before the tmap and throttle body?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still no check engine light, and am having trouble getting INPA in English (after the first menu it is 100% German).
    BUT scanned the car at a friend's shop on saturday, and 29CC and 29CD (multiple cylinder misfire and cylinder 1 misfire) popped up. This now makes me think this could be as "simple" as chancing down a misfire, plug, coil, then injector, but the 29CC throws me off...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12