Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

SO I took the RB twins to the dragstrip yesterday..

To do some street setup track testing. I wanted to see how my current DD setup actually performs in the real-world. And now I know. I got 3 runs in, the track was crazy packed, A LOT of cool-down time..

So, full weight, 93 oct pump/meth 90/10 mix. map 7, meth map1 (18.5psi)
    The first 2 runs were done on street tires because i wanted to see how that would go.
    Video's are in the link below the slips.

I also used my Gtech on the 3rd run to test how accurate it actually is. and as you will see in the pics, it reads .1 fast, and about 1mph fast as well.. not oo bad really..

First run here:
    horrible 60's as expected, i guess im not as good as i used to be at feathering the throttle. I heard a slight pop more tha half-way through the track and didnt think anything of it. turns out i was one of the boost/vacuum tubes split. so that explains the low mph. A quick fix, as i now carry a few feet of tube in the trunk since this has happened before..
    Click here to enlarge
    http://sharing.theflip.com/session/6...video/18588414

Next run much better.. BUT.. like an idiot, i was so worried about shifting at the right RPM, i shifted to 5th around 5800rpm, which is just before the end of the 1/4. so i knew it had more in it..
    Click here to enlarge
    http://sharing.theflip.com/session/b...video/18588442

and 3rd run.. decided i was tired of being in the 12's, but also worried about snapping something, since stock turbo, and now upped turbo guys are snapping halfshafts with ease, i decided to take it a bit easier on the launch, but still wanted something decent.. Looks like im gainin 30mph on the back end.. not too shabby Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    http://sharing.theflip.com/session/1...video/18588453

Click here to enlarge

So there you have it.. A few people have been complaining that us N.E. guys have problems going fast. Well, thats just not the case today. As ive said before 17/18 psi is where these RB Turbo's really take over and kick the $#@! out of stock turbo's. In my full interior, no weight reduction (except DR on K1's) you can see the power these bad boys are putting out. Even more so now, you can see that the run I had Vs Byzantine's Lambo was no fluke. He has said he traps 123mph rolling through the 60' and I believe him. I/we can only guesstimate what I can do at 21 psi with some major weight reduction like the top players do. As a matter of fact, im looking into getting a set of K1's for the front, a Braille battery, and maybe one day ill pull the seats out. But for now, I am more than satisfied with what my car, with the RB Turbo's, paired with the JB3 can do.

For right now. i think im done with track testing until i get my hands on the "JB4".

Oh, BTW, there were lots of nice street cars there. The wife got one run of a new, 100% stock GTR on video. You can hear the tower at the end call hit time, which was 11.5@119, on the lower end of mph's for a stock GTR.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/f...video/18588523

well.. while im at it. i guess ill post it, its kinda embarrasing though. I did get a 4th run in. But i redlighted, waited for a few seonds as i thought about what an idiot i am to screw up on my last run of a a good might of testing. But i guess its ok, since i saw the Vc2 flash the 0.01 telling me low flow about 100' b4 the end of the 1/4, which means it dropped maps back to map 7. causing me to lose out on a 124mph pass, maybe, dare i say even a 125 mph? I dont know since my laptop again died while waiting in the staging lanes for hours. Noticed it was my highest 1/8 mph of the night.. damn shame I messed that one up..

Click here to enlarge
    http://sharing.theflip.com/session/b...video/18588481

So in summary. in my DD-ie full weight and 93oct/meth setup im as fast, if not faster than all but the freakishly, and questionably faster N54's.
    Im gaining 30 mph on the back half.
    AND

I LOVE THESE $#@!ING RB Turbo's!
    Last edited by LostMarine; 09-22-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

thanks for the slips. sounds like you had some fun at least, i hate when the track is packed, it just sinks your stomach to know there's so much down-time. 122-123 isn't bad but i was actually expecting more on pumpgas. maybe i expect too much out of these upped turbos. these being any brand. i guess we'll have to see what numbers i can produce with dr's and when the car is 100%. a 1.9 60' is my best on stock turbos. i dont plan on trying to push the envelope further until i get the upgraded half-shafts. i just got my new meth components installed yesterday. i still haven't upped the boost tho, waiting on my new i/c. the cores are supposed to arrive this Thursday but they may be delayed because abid ordered a similar set for a ruf turbo and i think he wanted them shipped in the same package.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

gotta look at it from an objective standpoint.. noone else races in full weight, 93/meth.. more octane-more boost, less weight= more MPH

And you and I agree on the halfshafts. Looking forward to seeing your specs as well Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Wow, that is friggen impressive 30mph on the back half is insane. I am a little surpirsed that your 1/8th mph is not 96mph+. My best run ever, maxxed out is 27 mph on the back half.

I would love to see you push this car with race gas, DRs, huge burnout and an aggressive launch. I am guessing you could easily push 125-126mph. I understand your reservations though, grats LM, looking good and thanks for posting your results, I for one appreciate your willingness to share with the community.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    gotta look at it from an objective standpoint.. noone else races in full weight, 93/meth.. more octane-more boost, less weight= more MPH

And you and I agree on the halfshafts. Looking forward to seeing your specs as well Click here to enlarge
    Plus your turbos are stock appearing, it's not like a true turbo swap and they still spool great! Good times, can't wait to see what it can push at the limits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Wow, that is friggen impressive 30mph on the back half is insane. I am a little surpirsed that your 1/8th mph is not 96mph+. My best run ever, maxxed out is 27 mph on the back half.

I would love to see you push this car with race gas, DRs, huge burnout and an aggressive launch. I am guessing you could easily push 125-126mph. I understand your reservations though, grats LM, looking good and thanks for posting your results, I for one appreciate your willingness to share with the community.
    yeah, i was hoping for a bit better as well, but 2 things, im tuned to not have as much tq as other guys run. If you remember my dyno graph, Tq was good, but not astronomical. i like my current halfshafts and dont want to replace them yet, faster guys are going all out..then again take into account the weight im running at. absolutly nothing is taken out of this car. so lets say 3650lb car, plus 170lb driver3820 lbs, compared to other N54's weighin in at 33/3400, i can see the difference. Wasnt it discussed before that weight has a large affect on acceleration down low, and not as much as when going from higher speeds?

the other side of that is the other local guys running on the tracks around here, in similar setups are 117 and 119 mph. probably @ 20 psi in 3rd gr. so all in all im very happy to know to know all i have to do to trap 120+ is press the skinny pedal on the right. where as everyone else has to up the boost/octane and drop the weight..

PLus, once I get a "JB4" in hand, ill just plug ina solid 21psi across the board and drop the weight and rip $#@! up for real. This was really just for my own knowledge and amusement, but figured you guys should know what your in for.. how far u push these is up to you..
    Last edited by LostMarine; 09-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice runs. I'm with you 100% on running how I drive it around. I did the MIR event with my heavy wheels and system in the car. I did want to hit the scale up but totally forgot. Congrats and thanks for the post sir
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

in my DD-ie full weight and 93oct/meth setup im as fast, if not faster than all but the freakishly, and questionably faster N54's.
    You are faster than the stock turbo non-nitrous N54's. The faster results are due to questionable methods and have resulted in an inflated perception of the platform that is incorrect and misleading. Obviously, you have seen me call the person partially responsible for this out several times on this.

Logically, your results represent the realistic expectation one can get with upgraded turbos. 125 mph is about right, you can gain 1 or 2 by stripping it out probably. Then, you can gain a couple more by running it at Sacramento.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs. I'm with you 100% on running how I drive it around. I did the MIR event with my heavy wheels and system in the car. I did want to hit the scale up but totally forgot. Congrats and thanks for the post sir
    actually, I had planned on, and took the day off to go to that, with every intention of running max boost, least weight as possible, to make it my all-out what can I do event.. but i was called back in..
    $#@!in Army..
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are faster than the stock turbo non-nitrous N54's. The faster results are due to questionable methods and have resulted in an inflated perception of the platform that is incorrect and misleading. Obviously, you have seen me call the person partially responsible for this out several times on this.

Logically, your results represent the realistic expectation one can get with upgraded turbos. 125 mph is about right, you can gain 1 or 2 by stripping it out probably. Then, you can gain a couple more by running it at Sacramento.
    and realistically, im just as fast as one of the n20 N54's. OB ran 124mph on the juice, but he got an 11.0 out of it.. I know the car can do better.. but unlike some people, i dont have a bottomless bank account in the evnt i find a weak link.. ie halfshafts..

there are more than just 1 person runnin questionable times, but thats moot at this point. its the customers cars that speak about the performance available
    surprised, dissapointed or other, this is what my car can do on any given day, at any given time.. and im happy as hell, and looking forward to what other more hardcore and fanatical racers can do with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Not bad at all for street trim. When the G4 is ready we'll really push things. Just bring some spare half-shafts to the track. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

actually, I had planned on, and took the day off to go to that, with every intention of running max boost, least weight as possible, to make it my all-out what can I do event.. but i was called back in..
    $#@!in Army..

and realistically, im just as fast as one of the n20 N54's. OB ran 124mph on the juice, but he got an 11.0 out of it.. I know the car can do better.. but unlike some people, i dont have a bottomless bank account in the evnt i find a weak link.. ie halfshafts..

there are more than just 1 person runnin questionable times, but thats moot at this point. its the customers cars that speak about the performance available
    surprised, dissapointed or other, this is what my car can do on any given day, at any given time.. and im happy as hell, and looking forward to what other more hardcore and fanatical racers can do with it
    Sticky pointed this out but it only just hit me, it is clear you are running faster than any non-n20 N54 and you are on pump gas running conservatively. That is really $#@!ing amazing.

To compare, I am going flat out, pushing the crap out of the car, running race gas, weight reduction and you have trapped faster than me. I truely represent the customer car community that runs on a legitimate track. My trap speed is a true representation of the limits of on N54 on stock turbos minus n20.

Knowing this, you have sold me on these turbos should I keep this car. I think we could see a 10.99 without N20 on these turbos. Great stuff LM!
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Excellent...if LM can get into the 10s then im sure I will be able to get my heavy arse e93 in the 11s...First e93 in the 11s FTW...btw Terry...the e93 has been quiet due to SERIOUS suspension upgrades but will be back on EPLs dyno on the 30th of this month...Click here to enlarge time to make things more interestingClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I think you guys are asking a bit much with the expectations of 10's from these.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well, once i get some permanent WR stuff done, and a new set of halfshafts, combined with the "JB4" im willing to see how we can do..

** on a side note, i believe I uploaded the wrong timing graph, but cant edit the post to take it down.. that was a different days 3rd gr 18psi 93/meth log though..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I think you guys are asking a bit much with the expectations of 10's from these.
    i just wanna crack 11s...even if its 11.999999 is that too much to ask?Click here to enlarge...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Awesome runs! Where did you go? ATCO or E-town?

I think the true test is a proper rematch and VBOXXXXX!!

Let me know whenever, we can try vbox-ing. Also LM, I trapped 120mph rolling through to the 60. But if I were to trap, I would say 122-123. I lost a car to the LP560 and he traps 123.
    SUPERFASTHD
    V I M E O | Y O U T U B E

06 | LAMBO GALLARDO
    09 | BMW E60 535I

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i just wanna crack 11s...even if its 11.999999 is that too much to ask?Click here to enlarge...lol
    dude, guys have hit 11.9 @ 116mph.. you should be about 120mph same setup as me.. if you launch w/o breaking, your in.. id bet my new s/c'd S65 M3 on it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    Awesome runs! Where did you go? ATCO or E-town?

I think the true test is a proper rematch and VBOXXXXX!!

Let me know whenever, we can try vbox-ing. Also LM, I trapped 120mph rolling through to the 60. But if I were to trap, I would say 122-123. I lost a car to the LP560 and he traps 123.

I think you are right good Sir.. i will let you know as soon as I can.. i think it might have to be on the DR's though.. 2nd gear/40mph is nooo good for me..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think you are right good Sir.. i will let you know as soon as I can.. i think it might have to be on the DR's though.. 2nd gear/40mph is nooo good for me..
    No problem, take your time, we can just VBOX, since my car is in the shop, changing out the shift cable, probably screwed her up on the last Z06 vs. Gallardo race.
    SUPERFASTHD
    V I M E O | Y O U T U B E

06 | LAMBO GALLARDO
    09 | BMW E60 535I

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

oh damn! whats that like a $3k job Click here to enlarge

no need for DR's then... when i get a chance ill hit you up and we can get some times.. im betting 8.2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I am going to VBOX my 60-130 times next Friday, stay tuned Click here to enlarge
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    dude, guys have hit 11.9 @ 116mph.. you should be about 120mph same setup as me.. if you launch w/o breaking, your in.. id bet my new s/c'd S65 M3 on it...

lol....thats my only obstacle....but next time i hit the track i should have my LSD and new FBIS shafts on the car...soooo....11s here we comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A 126mph trap with a 1.55 60' and you got a 10.99 Click here to enlarge Maybe asking a bit much but hey we can dream Click here to enlarge
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

well, once i get some permanent WR stuff done, and a new set of halfshafts, combined with the "JB4" im willing to see how we can do..

** on a side note, i believe I uploaded the wrong timing graph, but cant edit the post to take it down.. that was a different days 3rd gr 18psi 93/meth log though..
    Try editing now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

great runs!!! hey i had a question on 60-130, do you stop at 60 then take off or is it a running start from a lower speed where you will have some momentum??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast