Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

335i stock turbo 11.7 track run

So finally broke 11s tonight at the track keeping in mind that I live in south FL where 11s seem impossible until jan/fed when temps go down to 60s lol but was impressed by breaking 11s in mid October where its still summer haha

09 BMW 335i AT E92
    Mods
    Jb4 g5 ISO with BB flash
    Bms DCI
    Ets 5" fmic
    Stock chargepipe with meth elbow
    WW meth kit spraying 100% meth
    Fuel was 45% mix of e85/93 oct
    Vrsf 3" catless DP
    No cats just straight pipes all the way from dp to tips!

My best trap of night was 119.45mph

My ET was 11.797 and trapped 118.96 on this run Click here to enlarge
    Temps outside were 80 and 70% humidity as well as 30mph head wind which slowed me down by atleast 10th of a sec!

All in all glad I broke 11s and special thanks to

Terry@bms he's always there to help!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice work! Finally a decent ET out of that car! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well thank you!! Its been a long journey now just waiting for jan so I can be consistent 11s instead of just once lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congratulations - nice oneClick here to enlarge Very happy to see you guys doing so well with the BMS back end flash. Just got mine installed & am looking forward to the improved performance.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks mate I'm sure you will see the difference its awesome especially since its a free product from our beloved n54 community Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice run! I need to go to the track with zeel one of these days and see if I can pull off an 11 second pass lol.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not only did you hit 11's, but that was a really solid 11. Nice job!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NICE!!!! CONGRATS
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well thank you guys I was very surprised to see the time myself but I knew I broke 11s from who it moved on that first run now I just need to be consistent with it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BB flash doing some work! Well done, especially on stock turbos.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What technique did you use to run that time? I've hit 119 in the 1/4 (although 117 is more normal), but I'm having a hard time breaking into the 12s. I'm running a similar set up, except that I run 80% meth and no E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by El Duce Click here to enlarge
    What technique did you use to run that time? I've hit 119 in the 1/4 (although 117 is more normal), but I'm having a hard time breaking into the 12s. I'm running a similar set up, except that I run 80% meth and no E85.
    What are your 60 ft times? If you're running the same traps but you're a slower ET, then he's probably launching harder/better and to still end up with same trap probably has a bit more power too. The launch is SO important though, make sure you're running some good track tires if you want to get some good times
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great job! And I feel your pain with the weather down here. What track to you go to?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    What are your 60 ft times? If you're running the same traps but you're a slower ET, then he's probably launching harder/better and to still end up with same trap probably has a bit more power too. The launch is SO important though, make sure you're running some good track tires if you want to get some good times
    1.8-2.0 . . . I'm running Mich PSS. The other thing about me is that I don't run track specific tunes and set ups. I run the car exactly how I drive it around on the street. No gimmicks with me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1.8-2.0 . . . I'm running Mich PSS. The other thing about me is that I don't run track specific tunes and set ups. I run the car exactly how I drive it around on the street. No gimmicks with me.
    Gimmicks? I'm not sure what you mean by that, you're always going to get beat if you bring your car to the track in DD mode...low 1.8's aren't bad on street tires, 1.7's would be better and are doable, but probably would need a drag radial. What are you dropping your rear tire pressure to? ~23 psi? What are you raising your front tire pressure to? You should be able to launch at least 2krpm or 2500rpm with nothing but a squeak off of the line.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Gimmicks? I'm not sure what you mean by that, you're always going to get beat if you bring your car to the track in DD mode...low 1.8's aren't bad on street tires, 1.7's would be better and are doable, but probably would need a drag radial. What are you dropping your rear tire pressure to? ~23 psi? What are you raising your front tire pressure to? You should be able to launch at least 2krpm or 2500rpm with nothing but a squeak off of the line.
    Like I said, I don't change anything from the way I drive it on the street. It's just my own preference. If I say it's a 12.3 car, it's a 12.3 car at any given moment. I mean, some guys will state that their car is an 11.whatever car, but if that's running DRs, a high mix of E50 that they don't normally run, and with the back seat removed, I just think it's misleading. Of course I get that for cars that spend a ton of time at the track, but I drive this $#@! 2 hours each day going to and from work. Like I said, just my preference.

With that being said, I suppose the rear tire pressure is whatever it is when I'm just driving around, so maybe 32-35 lbs or so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Like I said, I don't change anything from the way I drive it on the street. It's just my own preference. If I say it's a 12.3 car, it's a 12.3 car at any given moment. I mean, some guys will state that their car is an 11.whatever car, but if that's running DRs, a high mix of E50 that they don't normally run, and with the back seat removed, I just think it's misleading. Of course I get that for cars that spend a ton of time at the track, but I drive this $#@! 2 hours each day going to and from work. Like I said, just my preference.

With that being said, I suppose the rear tire pressure is whatever it is when I'm just driving around, so maybe 32-35 lbs or so.
    lol, that's fine, no need to be defensive, I understand running it like that once or twice to see what it does in a normal street setup, but other than it really doesn't make sense. If you don't want to see what your car is capable of, ok, don't change anything, just trying to help as it seems you are posting asking how to get lower times. Most people with a performance car have a daily tune and a track or "race" tune. It's even built into higher end cars, so I don't really understand what you're trying to get at saying, "some say their car runs this but only with proper setup" that's just part of owning a performance car...

BTW e85 is only used because it's a cheaper alternative to race gas, if race gas was only $3-4/gallon, I'm sure most of us would be running it all the time.....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Great job! And I feel your pain with the weather down here. What track to you go to?
    He went to PBIR that miraculously had an early good track prep. I told him to go very early before anyone gets there, thats the best time when the track in a good condition and hulk pissing cars havent touched it yet