Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Mods done so far

Might as well update since it's been about 10 days since I've had my car LOL. About a week ago I installed the DCI and the JB4. I felt a crazy difference already I've been on map 5.

I met up with @alpinedevil335 this weekend, he showed me how to log and helped me with the JB4 cable and rerouting it into the dash. I even went and tried some e85!!! I love this car and the ease with the map settings.

Tomorrow I'm going to RMS in the morning to install the DP's I couldn't wait any longer LOL. A big thanks to @THATDONFC for hooking me up on fitting me in their tight schedule. I'll have an update on what I'll be doing after that.

I spoke with Terry and he's going to help me with the BB flash and show me how it works. I'll be using 91 with that for now until my BT cable comes through...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sooooo... What's next after the DP's and flash?? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Slippery, slippery slope..... FBO, then LPFP Upgrade to Run Straight E85, then New Turbos Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah and after turbos comes lsd and suspension and the list never ends.lol Seems like I'm always adding to the list when I told myself I was done last year. Road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Sooooo... What's next after the DP's and flash?? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Slippery, slippery slope..... FBO, then LPFP Upgrade to Run Straight E85, then New Turbos Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    yeah and after turbos comes lsd and suspension and the list never ends.lol Seems like I'm always adding to the list when I told myself I was done last year. Road goes on forever and the party never ends.
    I guess I'll go full bolt ons and feel out the car. Get the car ready with fueling and all other cooling and suspension drivetrain mods as well. Then do that custom single turbo setup with my buddy.

Thanks for the advice! Any recommendations on clutch, intercooler, or anything like that?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a good start Click here to enlarge

Be aware that it never ends though lol
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Add new rims and sticky tires to that list.
    And brake mods.
    You'll run out of grip and stopping power pretty soon if you keep adding horsepower.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    That's a good start Click here to enlarge

Be aware that it never ends though lol
    Haha, trust me I know. That's why I'm trying to get all the right parts and do it once. Not like my cobalt LMAO!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Add new rims and sticky tires to that list.
    And brake mods.
    You'll run out of grip and stopping power pretty soon if you keep adding horsepower
    Definitely! I'm looking at the bmw 313 wheels. I really like those on the car.

Click here to enlarge

I'm looking at stoptech pads for now. I guess I'll be looking at some Nt05's for the rear too LOL
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge

I'm looking at stoptech pads for now.
    I have had Stoptech pads. In fact I still have them lying around with hardly any milage on them.
    For sale if you want them...

You don't want them as a high performance upgrade, trust me. For low dust, yes that they do pretty well.
    For low dust AND higher performance try the Hawk HPS pads. They offer more controllable friction over stock and produce less brake dust. Just an advice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For low dust AND higher performance try the Hawk HPS pads. They offer more controllable friction over stock and produce less brake dust. Just an advice.
    I'll second that. The Hawk HPS pads will produce far less dust than stock, and have a much more linear relationship to force applied to the pedal vs. braking force generated. With the stock pads if you just press slightly on the pedal, it feels like they are very aggressive, but if you press on the pedal more, they really don't grip proportionally more. The Hawk pads are much more proportional.

If you are going to do the pads, don't forget the fluid and the lines.

Speaking of fluids, I generally change all of them after buying a used car. Don't get caught up in modding and forget about preventative maintenance.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Repped for selling your Cobalt... nice job kid !

Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it was me knowing what I know now, I would check and make sure all recalls were done. The biggest ass whipping is to install parts and have problems like the b+ cable and fuse box or any other recall issues. I keep spare coils and plugs handy. Seems like everytime I made a change or upgraded a part a coil would go bad or hpfp would fail or something would pop up. Your pretty active here so you know the issues. Just my .02.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the advice! Any recommendations on clutch, intercooler, or anything like that?
    Spec seems to be the most popular clutch, Helix Intercooler gets my vote, if you're gonna go single turbo you'll prob need an aftermarket Charge Pipe & Diverter Valves or BOV... Maybe a BMS OCC to keep your intake track clean
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Swap your transmission fluid out for some redline MT90 fluid. Click here to enlarge Also, delete your CDV.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Swap your transmission fluid out for some redline MT90 fluid. Click here to enlarge Also, delete your CDV.
    I plan on putting MT90 in mine in the next couple weeks. Stuff is great! I've never heard anyone with complaints about it. I used it in my old S13 and it worked miracles on the terrible Nissan synchros. It would grind every time it went into 2nd or 3rd. Put MT90 in it, and in like 2 days the grinding was completely gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so true LOL

congrats. the 335i is a step up in luxury from your cobalt, and with time, a step up in performance as well (once you go single turbo. i dont think a fbo 335i could beat your cobalt ss lol)

get a stepped style fmic like cobb or helix. they have shown better iats for me.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What did your cobalt run in the 1/4? I have only seen a couple in the 11's rest seem to run mid to low 12's at best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh, Hawk made pads for this car? Well thank you, I definitely will. I had the Hawk HPS on my SS brembos and they were great! No squeal and low dust and nice bite. I already installed some stock pads for now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    If you are going to do the pads, don't forget the fluid and the lines.

Speaking of fluids, I generally change all of them after buying a used car. Don't get caught up in modding and forget about preventative maintenance.
    For now I did an oil change and pretty much like drained the clutch and brake lines. I'll be doing the tranny fluid too as someone posted as well.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Repped for selling your Cobalt... nice job kid !
    Thank you sir!

If it was me knowing what I know now, I would check and make sure all recalls were done. The biggest ass whipping is to install parts and have problems like the b+ cable and fuse box or any other recall issues. I keep spare coils and plugs handy. Seems like everytime I made a change or upgraded a part a coil would go bad or hpfp would fail or something would pop up. Your pretty active here so you know the issues. Just my .02.
    Yessir, I checked and all the recalls were done. For now the car is running strong and I've been pretty abusive with it I'm not gonna lie. I got downpipes installed today and holy $#@!ing hell. The car is nuts now, goes sideways in second gear. I'm running 50/50 e85/91 LOL.

Spec seems to be the most popular clutch, Helix Intercooler gets my vote, if you're gonna go single turbo you'll prob need an aftermarket Charge Pipe & Diverter Valves or BOV... Maybe a BMS OCC to keep your intake track clean
    I heard spec is good. I wish HPF was still around, i heard their clutches were honestly the best.. I'll be getting a BMS OCC soon as well. The Charge pipe and BOV will be all custom fabricated with the big single. My guy said it's easier for him that way so he can do it all himself etc..

Swap your transmission fluid out for some redline MT90 fluid. Click here to enlarge Also, delete your CDV
    Thank you for that tip! I will go do some research on that. What is a CDV delete?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    congrats. the 335i is a step up in luxury from your cobalt, and with time, a step up in performance as well (once you go single turbo. i dont think a fbo 335i could beat your cobalt ss lol)

get a stepped style fmic like cobb or helix. they have shown better iats for me.
    What did your cobalt run in the 1/4? I have only seen a couple in the 11's rest seem to run mid to low 12's at best.
    Definitely a step up in luxury. From my GTI to Cobalt I stepped down. Now from my cobalt to this car, I came back up 2 steps lol. For now, I don't think my car would be able to beat my SS at where I had it. You are correct lol, I don't think this car can get faster than it already is at what I have it now.

I got DCI, BMS DP Jb4 and 50/50 e85/91 on map 5. I can still try out 100 octane and to map 7 to see but idk. I've never ran my cobalt in the 1/4 mile. I have dynoed it though and plenty of videos of be beating on cars with 400+whp.

My cobalt was ~3100lbs with me in it, and dynoed at 415whp/435 wtq. If you put that in the 1/4 mile calc, it brings up like 122 trap speed. So I'm guessing that would be an 11 second car with a great driver.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As ajm8127 said don't forget to replace all 6! brake lines with braided stainless ones for a far better pedal feel (I have a set from Goodridge myself). And while you're there replace the brake fluid with Motul RBF600.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @fastgti69, CDV = Clutch Delay Valve. It basically slows down/restricts the fluid from immediately engaging the clutch after you push the clutch pedal down. You will also want to see about getting the NLS function working on the JB4, makes the 6MT much more competitive.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As ajm8127 said don't forget to replace all 6! brake lines with braided stainless ones for a far better pedal feel (I have a set from Goodridge myself). And while you're there replace the brake fluid with Motul RBF600.
    Damn, 6 lines huh. I definitely will then. Thanks for the heads up SS lines and motul rbf600!!

@fastgti69, CDV = Clutch Delay Valve. It basically slows down/restricts the fluid from immediately engaging the clutch after you push the clutch pedal down. You will also want to see about getting the NLS function working on the JB4, makes the 6MT much more competitive
    Ahhh, actually deleting it. $#@!, I didn't know that's what you were supposed to do. I got that m3 clutch valve from BMS and I replaced it yesterday... It made a little difference. I'm guessing it will be much better actually taking it out and just shooting it straight through.. Thanks bro! NLS sounds fun, there's not too much lag with this car so I'm not too worried for now. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Might as well update since it's been about 10 days since I've had my car LOL. About a week ago I installed the DCI and the JB4. I felt a crazy difference already I've been on map 5.

I met up with @alpinedevil335 this weekend, he showed me how to log and helped me with the JB4 cable and rerouting it into the dash. I even went and tried some e85!!! I love this car and the ease with the map settings.

Tomorrow I'm going to RMS in the morning to install the DP's I couldn't wait any longer LOL. A big thanks to @THATDONFC for hooking me up on fitting me in their tight schedule. I'll have an update on what I'll be doing after that.

I spoke with Terry and he's going to help me with the BB flash and show me how it works. I'll be using 91 with that for now until my BT cable comes through...
    It's a like a big friendly modding family going on here.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's a like a big friendly modding family going on here.
    $#@! yea brotha. All cause of my homies in Bimmerboost! Going to get my cable today. I'm going to be calling you later today @alpinedevil335 to do the BB flash etc. Terry did it for me first time so this time I might need some help. I still don't know which ecu id thing I have.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! yea brotha. All cause of my homies in Bimmerboost! Going to get my cable today. I'm going to be calling you later today @alpinedevil335 to do the BB flash etc. Terry did it for me first time so this time I might need some help. I still don't know which ecu id thing I have.
    Sounds good.. If you want you can swing by the shop again and we can do it there with our charger.
    The ECU ID will pop up in the software interface when we plug in your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2007 models are I8A0S
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast