Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

A few single-turbo 335i vids from this summer

I have no idea how much power its' making, all I know its' slow Click here to enlarge. So here are couple of videos some friends and I took in Mexico, most were around 13psi, I'm running about 18psi now, but the roads have been too wet to get any good footage at that boost level.

This thing really hauls ass @ 18psi, but for anyone considering doing single, unless you're going for huge power, which was my goal, I'd avoid it. Stock twins on E85 were just SO much more fun. Maybe I'll change my mind once I hit 25-30psi since 18 is getting a bit scary on the street.

2008 335i, 6MT, Borg Warner 91-79 (also known as the S366).

And this is why I think its' slow, here is a video of my car last year (although this was on E85 and the race-gas map so I guess its' not quite a fair comparison):
    Sorry about the wind noise, that one wasn't well planned out.
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you clamp you iPhone under the passenger's side headrest? It looks like the same POV as one of the videos I took.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I felt the same. But Once I swapped the map sensor and started running 25psi... Ermahgawd. It all makes sense now Click here to enlarge) it's a different car all over again.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hang in there!
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Did you clamp you iPhone under the passenger's side headrest? It looks like the same POV as one of the videos I took.
    Hahah, Yeah I did actually clamp the android in there. I sold my good camera so thats' all I've got for now.
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are you running for tuning right now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The BB flash and JB4. I copied most of the values from my Cobb E85 map then tweaked it a bit for the single. Other than that I still haven't gotten around to doing a full tune. My clutch went out completely yesterday so now the car is down until Tuesday.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    The BB flash and JB4. I copied most of the values from my Cobb E85 map then tweaked it a bit for the single. Other than that I still haven't gotten around to doing a full tune. My clutch went out completely yesterday so now the car is down until Tuesday.
    Gotcha. I'm hoping Terry can make some additional improvements to the JB4 firmware for the singles once he get's his own car complete (I'm currently running the standard 27.3). After looking at some logs, I think there is some more spool-up to be had.

At least you have a 6MT. I'm wishing I had one now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That 2-step vid is awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thing really hauls ass @ 18psi, but for anyone considering doing single, unless you're going for huge power, which was my goal, I'd avoid it.
    Huge power is the goal!

That's the thing though, there is going to be a sacrifice.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Snow is on the way, might not have many more days of fun left this year, so I took a few more videos tonight.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Snow is on the way, might not have many more days of fun left this year, so I took a few more videos tonight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBQXq2_7-8

car sounndddssss nasty!!! your 1-2 is disappointing though lol
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    car sounndddssss nasty!!! your 1-2 is disappointing though lol
    Yeah I don't know what the problem was, it bogged almost every single 1-2 shift that night. Maybe I'm still getting used to the new clutch, I haven't tried shifting very fast with it until a few days ago.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How are your o2 sensors doing with the single turbo and those 2steps lol?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.