Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    Here's a test: would you walk up to that girl on the street, in front of your mother, and say "you're a big, fat, stupid whore and you should die?" I'm thinking you probably wouldn't, and that's the whole point.
    Nobody would do that. Would I even think that? No. Would I think wow should I buy you a mirror? Yes.

She's just a fat chick trying to dress like a hot cartoon character for Halloween. It's funny, and I snickered. But hurling insults and telling her she should kill herself? Come on, guys. That's just a $#@!ty way to be.
    Nobody is saying that. You snickered. That's the whole point. She's blaming you for snickering and not herself for what she's wearing.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Point being, in today's society people are so wrapped up in being politically correct, not hurting each other's feelings, and waiting for praise/good things to come to them, we completely overlook the part where people need to accept reality and take ownership (and accountability) for their actions, decisions & statements. If you're a girl and decide to dress as a Laura Croft, a Playmate, or a Hooters girl, you better own it and be prepared for any potential "backlash".
    It's not about political correctness, it's about treating other people well. Her actions didn't hurt anyone or anything, so there is nothing for her to "take responsibility" for. And since she chose to go out in public in a Lara Croft outfit, there's nothing wrong with people taking pictures, sharing, getting a little laugh. But to start posting insults TO HER, on her profile, saying she should kill herself? Come on, dude. That's ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody is saying that. You snickered. That's the whole point. She's blaming you for snickering and not herself for what she's wearing.
    It's not the snickering that she is bringing up. Did you read the comments?

"'What a waste of space,' read one. Another: 'Heifers like her should be put down.' Yet another said I should just kill myself 'and spare everyone’s eyes.' Hundreds of hateful messages, most of them saying that I was a worthless human being and shaming me for having the audacity to go in public dressed as a sexy video game character."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not the snickering that she is bringing up. Did you read the comments?

"'What a waste of space,' read one. Another: 'Heifers like her should be put down.' Yet another said I should just kill myself 'and spare everyone’s eyes.' Hundreds of hateful messages, most of them saying that I was a worthless human being and shaming me for having the audacity to go in public dressed as a sexy video game character."
    I'm not defending those people. I'm saying this woman needs to blame herself a bit.

She wasn't dressed as a sexy videogame character by the way. If she was, none of those comments would have happened. She was dressed like a sexy videogame character that decided to let herself go years ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nobody would do that. Would I even think that? No. Would I think wow should I buy you a mirror? Yes.
    If you wouldn't say it to her face, why is it okay to do it via facebook or other internet site?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you wouldn't say it to her face, why is it okay to do it via facebook or other internet site?
    Because 1st amendment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not defending those people. I'm saying this woman needs to blame herself a bit.
    For what, exactly? For people saying she should die? Because it's only the hateful speech she's complaining about. She's embarrassed the photo went viral, but c'est la vie and she accepts that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because 1st amendment.
    Seriously, dude? Nobody brought up legislation against free speech, and I wouldn't advocate it. The conversation is about self-moderation. Just because you can say a thing doesn't mean you should.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For what, exactly?
    Making a choice that would undoubtedly result in ridicule. It's like a fat chick that wears a thong. People are going to make faces.

She's embarrassed the photo went viral, but c'est la vie and she accepts that.
    If she had a shred of foresight she would have known there are consequences to her actions. Look at her. Do we need a psychic to predict what the internet will do with that photo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Making a choice that would undoubtedly result in ridicule. It's like a fat chick that wears a thong. People are going to make faces.

If she had a shred of foresight she would have known there are consequences to her actions. Look at her. Do we need a psychic to predict what the internet will do with that photo?
    Yes, you and I (and likely she) know what the internet will do. But we, as a society, should not condone nor propagate such actions. And we shouldn't defend the people who do it. No, there shouldn't be a law. But it would be great if we spent as much time insulting the asshats that like to attack people as we do insulting people who just look funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, you and I (and likely she) know what the internet will do. But we, as a society, should not condone nor propagate such actions. And we shouldn't defend the people who do it. No, there shouldn't be a law. But it would be great if we spent as much time insulting the asshats that like to attack people as we do insulting people who just look funny.
    I mean in wonderful fantasy fairy tail land where the rivers are made of chocolate syrup and everyone has a money tree that sounds wonderful. But unfortunately reality is a cruel, cruel place. A little common sense allows one to avoid many of life's uncomfortable situations. Just as I would not walk down a dark alley in Downtown Los Angeles at 3 AM by myself wearing a rolex and holding a wad of 100's I think this woman should be intelligent enough to know what to wear and when to wear it.

It is not my job to accommodate her choices in life. She put the costume on, she needs to deal with the result.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Back to the subject about why you were de-friended.

My opinion: in reading your comments, it *appears* that you accept, and support, all those hurtful comments hurled at the fat chick - including the ones that say she should die. I imagine she doesn't want to associate with someone that stands up for people that treat others so badly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Back to the subject about why you were de-friended.

My opinion: in reading your comments, it *appears* that you accept, and support, all those hurtful comments hurled at the fat chick - including the ones that say she should die. I imagine she doesn't want to associate with someone that stands up for people that treat others so badly.
    I was de-friended because I pointed out the girl was a hypocrite in asking me to accept what this woman looks like but that she would not accept an alternate point of view. I was quite nice about it and she didn't have any real rebuttal.

Honestly, who cares? I met the girl when drunk in Vegas and she isn't even hot. If I'm going to get de-friended I at least want to earn it. I did when she couldn't refute the points I made.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean in wonderful fantasy fairy tail land where the rivers are made of chocolate syrup and everyone has a money tree that sounds wonderful. But unfortunately reality is a cruel, cruel place. A little common sense allows one to avoid many of life's uncomfortable situations. Just as I would not walk down a dark alley in Downtown Los Angeles at 3 AM by myself wearing a rolex and holding a wad of 100's I think this woman should be intelligent enough to know what to wear and when to wear it.

It is not my job to accommodate her choices in life. She put the costume on, she needs to deal with the result.
    No one is arguing the expected result, nor that anyone "accommodates" her choices. The point is what we, as individuals, choose to do. You can choose to look at the pic, snicker, and move on. Or you can choose to hurl insults in a public forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was de-friended because I pointed out the girl was a hypocrite in asking me to accept what this woman looks like but that she would not accept an alternate point of view. I was quite nice about it and she didn't have any real rebuttal.

Honestly, who cares? I met the girl when drunk in Vegas and she isn't even hot. If I'm going to get de-friended I at least want to earn it. I did when she couldn't refute the points I made.
    Hey, man, you asked the question. I'm just providing an opinion based on the information you provided. And based on that, I don't think she cared to refute your points - she was put off that you could support people who treat others poorly.

Just sayin'.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No one is arguing the expected result, nor that anyone "accommodates" her choices. The point is what we, as individuals, choose to do. You can choose to look at the pic, snicker, and move on. Or you can choose to hurl insults in a public forum.
    And she can choose what to wear. Would we even be here today if she didn't put the costume on and trot out in public?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, man, you asked the question. I'm just providing an opinion based on the information you provided. And based on that, I don't think she cared to refute your points - she was put off that you could support people who treat others poorly.

Just sayin'.
    And I'm saying she's a hypocrite. Because I continually made the point I don't agree with insulting her but that I am not surprised why she was insulted due to HER OWN CHOICE.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HAHHAHAHA SHE'S FAT.

Not only is she fat, but looks to me like obesity, which is unhealthy, so hopefully all the negative comments about her, FORCED her to change herself and better herself.

Our society is so ass backwards that anyone that is a minority get these benefits (Rights) that nobody can say anything negative about their choices, even if their choices are stupid.

For example:
    Poor Blacks (African Americans if you're insulted by the word that describes a color)
    Poor Single parents (usually women, but men can get a huge group behind them as well)
    Over-weight people (like the one in the OP)
    Gays (Even though today I think they have more rights, and more people will stand up for them because of pity)
    Adults that have abortions
    etc.etc.etc.etc

If you don't want people making fun of you, or your not comfortable with yourself, CHANGE IT

Last edited by Legionofboom; 10-16-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not about political correctness, it's about treating other people well. Her actions didn't hurt anyone or anything, so there is nothing for her to "take responsibility" for. And since she chose to go out in public in a Lara Croft outfit, there's nothing wrong with people taking pictures, sharing, getting a little laugh. But to start posting insults TO HER, on her profile, saying she should kill herself? Come on, dude. That's ridiculous.
    Without a doubt there's a difference between politically correct and vicious.... There's no reason to go out of your way and hurt someone, but $#@! people will always be there. There's nothing she can do to change those people who are going to insult and hurt her, but she does need to take ownership for the fact that she put herself in the firing line by dressing like that.

There's a Dave Chappelle skit where he comments on how women are dressing like sloots now in the club, and it's become socially acceptable. But if you go up to any of these women, they get offended and flip out that you're treating them like a slut. Punchline goes "well you might not be a slut, but you're wearing a sluts uniform"..... If you're not prepared to be treated a certain way that's associated with the way you're presenting yourself, maybe you shouldn't dress like anymore.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^ amen to that one. Fishing for attention and comments, but when you mack it to them they get offended and be like 'wtf u think im easy?' Well your titties are practically popping out...what else was I gonna think lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But it would be great if we spent as much time insulting the asshats that like to attack people as we do insulting people who just look funny.
    yes, that's a great idea. Let's attack the attackers to show them how much better our way is. Or, you could not stoop to the lower level and just continue on your moral way...although, you'd have to actually be the better person and not just argue about being so on an internet forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12