Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Terry, I have a similar set up than the OP minus the meth. Looking at the logs, we are at about the same timing and boost at around 6k rpms. What do I need to do get up to his level without pushing the turbos any harder? Cause 70 more whp is bonkers.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ne-and-a-335is
    Find a really high reading dyno...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Epic. Welldone, i hope to see similar power figures when i get mine back from the RB install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It's the same dyno I've always used at SpecialtyZ since 2007. It could read 2-3% high compared to other dynojets. I have no real way of knowing. I just show up and do the runs and out comes the result. But, the factory stock 535i I dyno tested a couple months ago didn't think it read very high. Also attached is an old 135i factory stock baseline years ago run on the same dyno. It's rare I get 100% stock cars on pump gas to test these days but most I've tested in the past have done in the 280-290whp range.

Also for the record I don't put too much faith in dyno numbers. It's on road performance that really matters. This 335is was running very strong at the last runway event and hopefully he does the same this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 10-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could you upload some acceleration clips Click here to enlarge?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does 335is have suspension upgrades etc over 335i ?
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe the is has shorter springs on all four corners. Not sure on the rest of the suspension components.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Busta7777 Click here to enlarge
    i would love to see high 10s
    gota give me that launching secret i cant pass 2.3 60 feet imagen with rbs lol
    PM sent...... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats - Looking forward to some Shift Sector vids.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Does 335is have suspension upgrades etc over 335i ?
    Don't think so. Believe its the 335i M sport suspension. I have read it has some upgraded bushings & motor mounts but have never checked the part numbers.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

2 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Stock cars dynoing in the 280-290 range on pump would mean around a 20-30whp higher reading dyno than an average Dynojet where bone stock N54s dyno in the low 260whp range. That would put these numbers in the 520-530 range which is still quite strong for 20psi. What was the actual target timing? The log shows only cylinder 1 and looking at a single log its hard to say what you actually target and what are timing corrections.

Funny though, 5th gear pulls on the dyno were considered unacceptable/cheating when i posted the results a few weeks back even though I explained it was done due to 5th being a 1:1 gear on the DCT cars. Now that seems to be ok and the way to do it and get some records Click here to enlarge Terry?

OP, your car is running strong. However, I would keep in mind that your DCT computer is not seeing true load values. They are needed for the transmission computer to prepare the tranny internals for smooth shifts protecting them from damage and premature wear which is especially important on a car driven hard most of the time.

Best of luck at SS Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 10-05-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    And you get onto Terry for discussions in your threads. The whole "true load" is a joke at these power levels especially with the new Cobb codes. Don't get me wrong the advancement on the Cobb front is good/useful, but don't use inaccurate statements to indirectly market yourselves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey @JoshBoody. I'm not sure what you found offending or inaccurate in my post. Having true load reported by the DME to the TCU is quite important at almost twice the OEM engine output. The TCU on both the DCT and 6AT cars will adjust transmission parameters based on load reported from the DME among other things. DME and the TCU communicate over the CANBus the entire time the car is running. I'm not sure why or even which advancement on the Cobb front you're bringing up either as I wasn't implying anything about any particular flash tuning platform. My post was talking flash tuning in general. That could also be the open source BB flash.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At these power levels VE is inaccurate. Load reported of 200ish is not relevant per the actual MAF. To get Cobb over Xpsi there's some rescaling involved in the tables so load of 200 is made to work with higher psi. Show us a MAF log at 20psi if I'm wrong. A piggy can report very similar loads of course. For the DCT tuning I doubt Terry is using the low load backend map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    At these power levels VE is inaccurate. Load reported of 200ish is not relevant per the actual MAF. To get Cobb over Xpsi there's some rescaling involved in the tables so load of 200 is made to work with higher psi. Show us a MAF log at 20psi if I'm wrong. A piggy can report very similar loads of course. For the DCT tuning I doubt Terry is using the low load backend map.
    The closer you report to true load the better. Get a FBO DCT car, run both approaches, report back with your findings. You don't have to use Cobb. Use DimSport if you like or the BB free flash writer. I do think though that some tables won't be available with other flash options that do help a bit. Suggest you also book quite a bit of seat time as there's a lot in the tables already available from Cobb that helps things, stack or not. Find a buyer for your 335i yet?
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 10-05-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Find a buyer for your 335i yet?
    Nah, just have it listed on the forums... Have to reduce mods and change clutch to actively market locally IMO. Will enjoy the cooler weather for a bit and then make some decisions. Thanks for asking... if you know anyone, send them my way. Setup perfectly for upped turbos!

Hey, I was in Ottawa for half this last week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Snowing in Ottawa yet? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For those who don't already know the transmission targets line pressure on torque vs. target torque. Load is just one component of the torque calculation. So, the notion that reporting less load means less line pressure is a false statement. Anyone lowering load would raise other parts of the torque calculation to make up the difference.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 10-05-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly don't understand the confusion here. A ~20psi-~17psi and a 9-13 degree timing curve is pretty par for the course for RB cars and usually nets 500whp-520whp. Some cars run stronger than others but that would still mean anyone running this combo would average ~540whp on a dynojet and that's not happening.

Let's just say Shiv posted that same log from a PROcede on E90 and was claiming those numbers. We'd be 15 pages deep into a thread about "how full of $#@! he is."
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Would love to see these numbers on a Mustang Dyno rather than a Dynojet or perhaps "both" to get more realistic results.

Then again, dynos don't really meant too much when it comes to performing in real world conditions and hopefully we will see some feed back on this. I am hoping to see good results

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Would love to see these numbers on a Mustang Dyno rather than a Dynojet or perhaps "both" to get more realistic results.

Then again, dynos don't really meant too much when it comes to performing in real world conditions and hopefully we will see some feed back on this. I am hoping to see good results

My 282 crank hp / 320 lbs-ft E39 540i dynoed 270 whp and 300 lbs-ft torque in stock form 93 octane a few months back when we all know it would be lucky in stock form to do 235/270......

I think we over-emphasize dynos as a "MEASURE" on this forum rather than as the tool they were originally intended for which is allowing tuning and retuning to optimize for various conditions

Forum members like trickcruiser who post time slip as well as dyno readings are more verifiable in the real world... not that I diasgree with OP's results just think we have too many dynos and not enough 0-60, 0-90, 60-100, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile tests per se
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At shift sector now. So far he's only trapping 150.xx the two runs of his I've seen. It is close to 85-90 degrees though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    152 my best time so far 18 psi
    map7
    cars throwing missfires on cylnder 4

might need new coil

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    UGR twin turbo Gallardo just ran fastest pass so far 224.99 !!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Busta7777 Click here to enlarge
    152 my best time so far 18 psi
    map7
    cars throwing missfires on cylnder 4

might need new coil

Click here to enlarge
    SRanch335's best was around 155mph yesterday but he's at full boost @ 3160 car weight. So you're not too far off considering the lower boost and extra 250#. Any other N54s runs well today?
    Burger Motorsports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast