Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Batch2 progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm getting mine from extremepsi. Had good luck with them back in my DSM days, and they are close by.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You have to make sure the BOV system, is working properly and getting the vacuum it needs. First off, no teeing off the line for things like gauges, meth kits, etc. The BOV needs a dedicated line from the manifold. We drilled and tapped one for our car. Also if you have the tial BOV, you need the black spring end of story, that vacuum chart they give is BS, the 11 psi natural spring that comes in almost all the kits for these cars are too tight, you get small surge before they fully open, we went to a black one and its so much better you can hear the difference immediately. Thats basically about it, run a dedicated line, and just make sure you have it adjusted right, ie sping tension if it has it, etc.
    ive said this 100 times as well and was confused how peoples tials worked with the natural colored springs or whatever comes with it... but I have heard tials that dont surge at all. On my car the spring it came with caused it to surge but I ended up selling it and getting a synapse.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    ive said this 100 times as well and was confused how peoples tials worked with the natural colored springs or whatever comes with it... but I have heard tials that dont surge at all. On my car the spring it came with caused it to surge but I ended up selling it and getting a synapse.
    I'm sure I'll need to change mine, I think I already do, the venting is definitely not consistent at all, so I'm assuming it came with the "plain" spring.

Here's a link for one place I've found so far selling these.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...roductid=17674
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don’t think the issue has to do with MAF, but instead the wheel design not allowing certain amount of backflow while the BOV/DV is opening. 2 types of surge situations: imbalance at high PR/low flow and turbulence when closing the throttle plate.
    Can you post pics of the 2 wheels designs… curious?

I’d be careful with stiff springs… higher the spring rate, more time to open. Stock DVs are around 3psi I think, been meaning to test this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    GTX style wheels have been tested extensively on many many platforms and they perform great, its just now coming to light that on some very small frame platform they can surge down low, if you can show me where I said we have extensively tested the GTX wheels in this platform that would be great. You can email me directly if you would like to request a refund. The policy is the same for everyone. Cheers

As you requested here is your direct quote from the other forum.

Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech
    Stage 2's will never change from the batch 2 configuration we are releasing
    Tony,

In the friendliest of ways as I am genuinely curious, would like to phrase some questions regarding this quote.

What if they do not perform well (ie. spool poorly in this housing or make less power than hoped)? In other words what if there are some disappointments? Does this mean it is the last batch anyway?

I am not trying to be pretentious, but the fact is that these have never even been tested. Or have they?

Rob
    There have been various forms of testing done on these all with good results, we approached the current wheel combo armed with data from the testing. We are not worried in the slightest about the performance, Garrett has proven these wheel profiles with mountains of data, 9 blade wheels have proven to be superior in terms of spool and exhaust evacuation, over a 12 blade design. The 11 blade GTX wheels have been shown to provide improved flow over a 6X6 wheel, again in mountains of data, we are not reinventing the wheel no pun intended, just adapting the newer technology to the N54. I have no problems answering your questions when they are asked in such a matter.

did you just say ARMED WITH DATA FROM TESTING???
    or that was someone else,,, lol

i can go on further.
    Cobb tuned, spec2+, wavetrac, DCI, ARdp's, AA fmic, forge DV's, M3 links & Sways, bbs lm's, bunch of exterior mods, and one happy BMW driver

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marcvtec
    I get the feeling I'm a beta tester for the upcoming stage two batch.
    Tony?
    Not in anyway shape or form. We did beta testing on batch one as we were trying different things, the betas knew this and got the turbos at cost and unparalleled support because of it. The beta program was a success for what we needed but we would never do that again. We now own a test car and have been doing testing on everything prior to annoucements.

heres another.
    so we are not beta you say ???
    so I assume surging did not happen on the pretend turbos you installed.
    Cobb tuned, spec2+, wavetrac, DCI, ARdp's, AA fmic, forge DV's, M3 links & Sways, bbs lm's, bunch of exterior mods, and one happy BMW driver

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ooooooo
    here is a third one LOL

08-03-2013, 06:45 PM #201
    Vargasturbotech
    BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: N54

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marcvtec
    Tony do you have any gtx, thrust parts stage two data?
    Still feeling like beta here
    Thrust parts data? Sure every turbo we made this far, they improve longevity not gonna see that in any HP data. GTX wheels are in more than one set of turbos on vehicles right now, one of them made 483 on a mustang. Honestly man, feel free to cancel your order anytime, I'll refund your deposit, no questions asked. I just told you it's nothing like our beta program and you ask again, like you don't believe me. Those wheels I posted were tested months ago. If you have doubts just email me. My office manager will get your money back you. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    /\ wheels tested moths ago !!!!!
    right bud.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think what you think he meant by what he wrote is not what he said (or meant). Hence the frustration.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Geez man, this is a bit extreme. Its not like Tony ran off with your money and doesn't return your messages. He's adapting the custom GTX-style wheels into stock N54 compressor housings for the first time ever. This is uncharted territory. Sure he has experience with the GTX-style wheels on other platforms, but every implementation is different. Its not like someone was having a problem and he had to admit there was an issue after the fact, he was upfront in post 93 about the unexpected problem he was seeing. What more do you want from the guy. He's got a whole supply chain to work through every time he wants to make a modification to his design. Its not like he's got a hundred million dollar R&D facility that he can whip up new wheels in overnight.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Geez man, this is a bit extreme. Its not like Tony ran off with your money and doesn't return your messages. He's adapting the custom GTX-style wheels into stock N54 compressor housings for the first time ever. This is uncharted territory. Sure he has experience with the GTX-style wheels on other platforms, but every implementation is different. Its not like someone was having a problem and he had to admit there was an issue after the fact, he was upfront in post 93 about the unexpected problem he was seeing. What more do you want from the guy. He's got a whole supply chain to work through every time he wants to make a modification to his design. Its not like he's got a hundred million dollar R&D facility that he can whip up new wheels in overnight.
    Nothing to do with money, messages.
    apparently he charted this turf months ago according to his testing.
    it has to do with lying about his testing and time delivery.
    winter is here soon bud.period. And his product is still fully untested,refined,proven,and undelivered, since JUNE.
    thanks anyway for trying to add more useless info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    This is what I don't understand either. Do people really prefer to get something rushed or not functioning just to get it or do they prefer to have a quality product that may take time?

These aren't remote control cars kids.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marcvtec Click here to enlarge
    winter is here soon bud.period. And his product is still fully untested,refined,proven,and undelivered, since JUNE.
    OMG June? JUNE? Try waiting three years and get back to me.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marcvtec Click here to enlarge
    I think you've just clearly misunderstood how the GTX billet wheel technology is a tested and proven technology. The wheel itself and its technology is proven, but obviously hadn't been tested in a turbo that wasn't built yet. Is it disappointing the first billet wheel didn't work? Of course, but how do you think Tony feels?

In the end, you had expectations, they weren't met, and that's between you and Tony, no reason to be carrying on like you are though man. You are either willing to wait for the best product or not, that simple. If you are serious about upgraded turbos then wait it out, if not, then don't. It's your money.

Me personally, I understood there would probably be delays throughout the process, it's just to be expected, but as long as I continue to see progress, receive updates, and know he's working on them, then there's no way I'm walking away from these.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I for one have no dog in the fight at this point .I'm definitely going to be upgrading mine at some point in the near future though. and when tony first hit the market I was sold ,thought by the time I need these he will have all this figured out and should have one hell of a product ! but I have never heard anyone treat their customers the way tony has its almost narcissistic and im starting to have a change of heart. I also believe a lot of other people are too .you can have the best product ever but if people don't like you they will go somewhere else .ask the locals around here and why they didn't go to HPF chris was jack ass most of the time .
    just my 2 cents

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    He's a person. That means he has a personality. When other forum members get vocal wanting to argue on the internet, personalities can easily clash.

What everyone should understand and look at is simple. Tony is making a product, is testing a product, and is being transparent in the progression of this product. He is doing this as the owner of the company, not a peon that has to sensor what he says due to job security and has to run back to papa every time he wants to make a post.

Frustrations run high when there are delays, ON BOTH SIDES. If you think Tony is trained to deal with this pressure think again. He builds turbochargers, he's an engineer, a mechanic, that sort of thing. That means he has a bit of passion, which makes him good at those things. If you want political correctness or customer service call his office lady. I for one prefer the blunt honesty. I'm tired of all the politicians in the world. I'd rather someone defend his product to his hearts content but yet provide 100% factual information in OFFICIAL statements than some tool who just reports from a book of what to say when people are making up stories to tear him down. Shows he isn't a machine and he has vested interest in what he's doing here.

Also, Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In my book R&D has to be done BEFORE you announce a product and take customer's money. That's all there is to say about this tragedy. If this was Shiv, a lynch mob would have been sent his way at this point.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    At least he didn't come to market with an unfinished product yet ready to ship for more than it's worth under false pretense and provide no support going forward yet claim it's made of gold... Shiv gets what he deserves in most cases, although it's such a long track record he gets extra the past few years. Hardly undeserved though he is an intelligent guy. I agree that conventional wisdom would mean Tony should hide development until the product is ready but if people want a refund, they seem to have that available as plenty would jump at taking their slot.

The wait does suck for sure, even for those patiently watching and waiting. I bet he is regretful about even attempting to evolve the design when the first set seems to have worked fine, but hey... no balls no babies. Good things come to those who wait, that sort of thing. This was announced as a developmental program and people got nice discounts as such, I really don't know what more there is to say here. I wasn't willing to wait, so I didn't buy in. I'll pay a little more later instead. Those that wanted the best of both worlds, welcome to the real world where sometimes the money saved still costs you. JMO, and I'm out since I'm not really relevant to this thread anyway. Just lurking for shaft speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    In my book R&D has to be done BEFORE you announce a product and take customer's money. That's all there is to say about this tragedy. If this was Shiv, a lynch mob would have been sent his way at this point.
    Exactly my point I would have gone a different route by now as these are still in beta

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    He's a person. That means he has a personality. When other forum members get vocal wanting to argue on the internet, personalities can easily clash.

What everyone should understand and look at is simple. Tony is making a product, is testing a product, and is being transparent in the progression of this product. He is doing this as the owner of the company, not a peon that has to sensor what he says due to job security and has to run back to papa every time he wants to make a post.

Frustrations run high when there are delays, ON BOTH SIDES. If you think Tony is trained to deal with this pressure think again. He builds turbochargers, he's an engineer, a mechanic, that sort of thing. That means he has a bit of passion, which makes him good at those things. If you want political correctness or customer service call his office lady. I for one prefer the blunt honesty. I'm tired of all the politicians in the world. I'd rather someone defend his product to his hearts content but yet provide 100% factual information in OFFICIAL statements than some tool who just reports from a book of what to say when people are making up stories to tear him down. Shows he isn't a machine and he has vested interest in what he's doing here.

Also, Click here to enlarge
    ^Exactly.

And like someone else said all the individual components have been tested elsewhere but until you have them all working together on this specific platform you can't say with 100% certainty what's going to happen - how could Tony have known until now? He is way more transparent and quicker to respond than most vendors. This isn't something straight out of a box where you shove it in and turn the key.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    /Thread

And the fact that he took deposits nearly half a year before release makes me think (perhaps in error) that his company does not carry enough capital to pay for this R&D which is concerning (and perhaps baseless).

As mentioned above, do the R&D, THEN take people's money and call out future competitors.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Shut up and watch this movie.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

no one had a gun held to their head when giving him a deposit. If any cry babies don't want to wait they can easily get their money back without any hassle at all. it's mind blowing that people are making such a big deal about this. no one was forced to put a deposit down, tony is being completely transparent about what they're doing over there.

that at being said, there are always some people who like to make a massive stink over nothing. so I guess this isn't really surprising

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    /Thread

And the fact that he took deposits nearly half a year before release makes me think (perhaps in error) that his company does not carry enough capital to pay for this R&D which is concerning (and perhaps baseless).

As mentioned above, do the R&D, THEN take people's money and call out future competitors.
    Last edited by jpsimon; 10-19-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    no one had a gun held to their head when giving him a deposit. If any cry babies don't want to wait they can easily get their money back without any hassle at all. it's mind blowing that people are making such a big deal about this. no one was forced to put a deposit down, tony is being completely transparent about what they're doing over there.

that at being said, there are always some people who like to make a massive stink over nothing. so I guess this isn't really surprising
    What else is there to talk about nowadays? Click here to enlarge
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    What else is there to talk about nowadays? Click here to enlarge
    Boats and ho's?

Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast