Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 266
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,442.9
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I was 446HP on the stock diff. I saw no reason to put an LSD in the car since all I did was DD and drag race it. A couple of experts on here have said that there are better $2,000 to spend on that car unless your are driving it at an auto x or track event. Sticky tires are much more important.
    TY
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  2. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Can you go into any more detail? Are you talking about reliability or daily driving comfort? btw I'll be looking at Bobs's car tomorrow down your way. Thank again for the honest feedback.
    It may have been because it was my first turbo car, and i was leading the fore-front, but it became more of a job than enjoyment. I felt like i had to have the laptop with and had to log everytime i went WOT just in case. I was always tinkering trying to get it to go just a bit faster. and then everytime i went WOT i was worried about the "what-ifs" something broke. sure, everyone has better advancements than I did at the time, so i was probably over-reacting.
    Currently though, my car will perform 100% everytime i start it and every time i hammer it, which is what i was looking for. Faster than most, lower than others, and thats ok with me because this car is the total package.
    If your around, hit me up, ill let you drive it Click here to enlarge

  3. #203
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Park Ridge, IL
    Posts
    233
    Rep Points
    16.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They aren't bringing my car and I won't support that event anyway. If people want to run the most powerful E9X they'll have to come to my event. I'm building the car to promote BimmerBoost not others.

    I wish you luck out there Terry be safe.

    Gintani will have something pretty special out there.
    Will the twin turbo M3 be there? Also when are you planing on having your event?

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    What has your car run in the 1/4 mile or done 60-130 in, ever at any stage in the build? I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but then I don't spend much time on here.
    M3 naturally aspirated 1/4 mile record for a year when the car first hit back in what 2009? Trap speed record and first to crack 130 trap in the 1/4 mile on the E9X platform what like 3 years ago?

    What has your car done or what records have you set?

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
    Will the twin turbo M3 be there? Also when are you planing on having your event?
    It all depends on when my car is done obviously I want to attend my own event.

    The twin turbo M3 will not be there I do not think but something pretty damn cool will be.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,450
    Rep Points
    1,750.9
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    If your around, hit me up, ill let you drive it Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the offer but I don't want to regret the fact I can't afford an m3 and that I just bought my second 335 Click here to enlarge
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

    Got Boost?

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the offer but I don't want to regret the fact I can't afford an m3 and that I just bought my second 335 Click here to enlarge
    eh, would just like a non-partisan review of the hardware Click here to enlarge the 335 is clean man, you wont regret it

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,450
    Rep Points
    1,750.9
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    eh, would just like a non-partisan review of the hardware Click here to enlarge the 335 is clean man, you wont regret it
    You got PM...err email.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

    Got Boost?

    Click here to enlarge

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    331
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    130mph is impressive, but NA record right after the car came out is moot. As far as my car, I don't have the Single installed yet since work is so damn busy, and I don't plan on cranking boost up until after I put a clutch and axles in. So, mine is Just FBO - meth right now. So, nothing special. The even bigger difference between you and I though, is even if I had 1000whp, I still wouldn't be as cocky and arrogant as you are. You seem like you get a sense of self worth out of what you own and your perceived value of it in relation to what others have. Kind of sad really.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    M3 naturally aspirated 1/4 mile record for a year when the car first hit back in what 2009? Trap speed record and first to crack 130 trap in the 1/4 mile on the E9X platform what like 3 years ago?

    What has your car done or what records have you set?

  10. #210
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Anyone here running >>> 450 whp E9x 335i or 135i on the stock diff or have all added LSD ?
    570 whp stock diff here.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    130mph is impressive, but NA record right after the car came out is moot.
    Shows what you know considering I ran a 12.1 after people said the car could not beat a C6 Corvette in a drag race and was not capable of 11's which it then did a year later. So clearly you do not know the context making your point moot.

    Impressive? Yeah I know I was there. So what records have you set again?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    So, nothing special.
    Most accurate thing you said.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    I still wouldn't be as cocky and arrogant as you are.
    That's because you're nothing special.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    You seem like you get a sense of self worth out of what you own and your perceived value of it in relation to what others have. Kind of sad really.
    Yes. That's why I'm seeing something through despite constant idiotic diatriabe from people like yourself who have no idea what they are talking about. Clearly I'm doing it for others. The first thing I did when I was at the dealership was check to make sure you liked the color and options I picked out, right?

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    331
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Shows what you know considering I ran a 12.1 after people said the car could not beat a C6 Corvette in a drag race and was not capable of 11's which it then did a year later. So clearly you do not know the context making your point moot.

    Impressive? Yeah I know I was there. So what records have you set again?



    Most accurate thing you said.



    That's because you're nothing special.



    Yes. That's why I'm seeing something through despite constant idiotic diatriabe from people like yourself who have no idea what they are talking about. Clearly I'm doing it for others. The first thing I did when I was at the dealership was check to make sure you liked the color and options I picked out, right?
    you are beyond pathetic dude. I bet you were one of those kids that no one liked and didn't really have any friends, huh? Just watch your little vid of one of the Gintani guys revving your car. You know, the video you're shooting and say, "just for the record, my car!" like anyone gives a $#@! about you anymore than before because they found out you owned it. Please.
    your car is nice, I'll give you that. But you're still a douche, and don't try to hide behind the whole, "I'm doing it to further the platform" crap. You're doing it because you hope it will make you more cool than the guy standing next to you. Well, news flash. It just makes the person next to you look that much better, because you look like such a douche.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    you are beyond pathetic dude. I bet you were one of those kids that no one liked and didn't really have any friends, huh? Just watch your little vid of one of the Gintani guys revving your car. You know, the video you're shooting and say, "just for the record, my car!" like anyone gives a $#@! about you anymore than before because they found out you owned it. Please.
    your car is nice, I'll give you that. But you're still a douche, and don't try to hide behind the whole, "I'm doing it to further the platform" crap. You're doing it because you hope it will make you more cool than the guy standing next to you. Well, news flash. It just makes the person next to you look that much better, because you look like such a douche.
    Tl;dr

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    664
    Rep Points
    1,747.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Who cares who drives what with whatever done to it for whatever reason. Aren't we all car enthusiasts? None of us do this $#@! because it cures cancer.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    Who cares who drives what with whatever done to it for whatever reason. Aren't we all car enthusiasts? None of us do this $#@! because it cures cancer.
    M3's cure cancer.

    Click here to enlarge

    Just breast cancer but it counts.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,442.9
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    good point Sticky... bought my E34 BMW after some asshat in Vegas stole and totalled my Esprit

    but that was after beating cancer.....

    BMW helps one beat brain cancer Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not really but not the place for this discussion.
    I'm pretty sure when fueling issues are worked out and tuning is tweaked, a big single/bigger twins/built motor N54 car would keep up, if not beat blown/built motor M3's. I think you rely too much on your dct to edge you out in reality it comes down to dozens of variables when racing in Mexico or what have you. If you think of it having to pay to play, than you wouldn't even compare the pricing of boosting and building an M3 to any N54 car with considering you even said they should be able to charge whatever they'd like for it.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky i love u tho

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,268
    Rep Points
    1,418.2
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh absolutely. It's just that then they would pretend like it never happened and then censor everything.

    Regardless, I can't make it anyway as my new clutches aren't in yet so nothing I can really do even if I wanted to.
    wow, it's taking a really REALLY long time to get your trans working....
    boop

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wow, it's taking a really REALLY long time to get your trans working....
    Yep custom things take time but the motor sure is running strong. And even without a beefed up trans it seems my car was the quickest fastest BMW / AMG running this weekend.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwtek Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure when fueling issues are worked out and tuning is tweaked, a big single/bigger twins/built motor N54 car would keep up, if not beat blown/built motor M3's. I think you rely too much on your dct to edge you out in reality it comes down to dozens of variables when racing in Mexico or what have you. If you think of it having to pay to play, than you wouldn't even compare the pricing of boosting and building an M3 to any N54 car with considering you even said they should be able to charge whatever they'd like for it.
    No, it's a combination of the power with the DCT but absolutely the trans is a major advantage. There aren't any N54's outpowering the built motor M3's so there's nothing to even worry about. Power and transmission is all in my favor.

    When you start going to built motors etc. pricing changes significantly.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwtek Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky i love u tho
    I got you

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,268
    Rep Points
    1,418.2
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep custom things take time but the motor sure is running strong. And even without a beefed up trans it seems my car was the quickest fastest BMW / AMG running this weekend.
    just guessing from seeing how the others went?
    boop

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    331
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    just guessing from seeing how the others went?
    that's how I read it too. He is winning races without even being there! That M3 of his must have magic powers. What do you think the guys who actually went with running cars would say when sticky says, "my car smoked yours at ss3!"

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wait, where does the turbo go.... through the hood? I really don't think more than 5 people will buy this at this price, but who knows.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •