Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I agree but lets get real here. A twin turbo setup w/ cast manifolds, etc, is going to be a very sweet setup. Vargas' setup looks nice too for a fabricated twin. But neither is really going to be comparable to the FFTEC pricing or install process. And demand for kits is only going to go up as the cars get older. I also think there is room for prices to come down on the single kits once they pick one design and push forward with it with a higher volume of cars.
    It will ultimately come down to what one wants to spend as different options will cater to different price points. The install has to be factored in as well.

Regardless, it's a win for BimmerBoost as more people discuss these options and apply them.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    5k for a manifold is still to much. Im ready to buy a single turbo kit shortly but 5k for a manifold and 7k for a setup is just too much. Unless this hardware is going to support 1000whp or something crazy its to much. Honestly 500-600whp for 5k would be reasonable and maybe a bit more for 600whp-700whp. We are all on the same team im not trying to devalue FFTEC's product but whoever comes out with a reasonably prices ST setup will clean house. Leave the tuners out of it the hardware is whats important. The tuners will adapt to the kits and make it work, within reason.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

What happened to N54 guys saying what a value their platform is?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What happened to N54 guys saying what a value their platform is?
    Value compared to what?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Value compared to what?
    Anything. But mostly in the BMW realm.

Things add up fast don't they? By the time you buy this kit, add a turbo, get it installed, get it tuned, you're at what? An M3 SC kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Things add up fast don't they? By the time you buy this kit, add a turbo, get it installed, get it tuned, you're at what? An M3 SC kit?
    This is not a N54 vs M3 SC war. They are two completely different cars.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Maybe but the N54 w/ larger turbos hold their own against supercharged M3s just fine. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I've shared my thoughts on the FFTEC pricing (and other concerns) before but I recently weighed the options and had a change of heart. At this stage in the game someone who wants to make 700rw has few options. Wait around for a less expensive kit to come to market. Go with a home-made kit. Or pony up a little extra money for a very clean setup that is 100% going to fit and perform as expected. Maybe it's 2k more than I'd like it to be but honestly it's just a drop in the bucket for most of us who are at this power level. We'll all be spending $6-10k+ on motors anyway sooner or later. Click here to enlarge

We're doing the 6466 kit on the E92 and maybe we'll throw this top mount kit on our 135i so I can compare them. CPE is also getting close with their twin turbo kit so I'll probably have to go buy another N54 for that one. I've been thinking an Xi would be fun. Click here to enlarge
    Fitment was not guaranteed, for 135i, send them your car have them test fit for me Click here to enlarge

and the price 4950$ from what i understand its some sort of intro pricing. after 5 kits. price is going up.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    This is not a N54 vs M3 SC war. They are two completely different cars.
    Sure isn't but and they sure are but it's funny to me at least when I see the value argument used time and time again appear to not be so strong.

Regardless, my argument is always pay to play and that applies here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Maybe but the N54 w/ larger turbos hold their own against supercharged M3s just fine. Click here to enlarge
    Not really but not the place for this discussion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    Fitment was not guaranteed, for 135i, send them your car have them test fit for me Click here to enlarge

and the price 4950$ from what i understand its some sort of intro pricing. after 5 kits. price is going up.
    That is what it says on the pricing info they sent me. Intro pricing. So it gets even higher? How much higher?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

That is what it says on the pricing info they sent me. Intro pricing. So it gets even higher? How much higher?
    wish i knew. I'm guessing maybe north of 1k.. so 6k for the manifold... thats just based off what tony did with vtx-3's.. but I'm just as clueless as you are.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Is anyone really going to pay more than $4950? So let's even just go with your guess and then $5950 + turbo + tax = ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Is anyone really going to pay more than $4950? So let's even just go with your guess and then $5950 + turbo + tax = ?
    = bend over for bmw tax Click here to enlarge

sad thing is i would spend that much on a kit ...with the available options... realistically big power on an N54 from a company making a kit out the door.. will be in the 8k range.

also people like me working out of a shop are lucky lol i do my own labor.

others have to factor in labor, so ~$10k to get where you need to be.. fak
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I personally do not think that price is out of bounds, 5K, spend what you wish on a turbo, install and go. After intro pricing its going to be at least $5500, still not terrible. There are a lot of options coming now, stage 3 is almost there, we are working very closely with Doc Rac now on a lot of things, we have another kit in the works with them as well. All while trying to get these damn batch 2's shipped out. Not to mention we have other surprises in the works, oh and the N55...Click here to enlarge We are not ones to sit on our hands, more options the better, I personally think that set up is not the ideal set up. But I am biased. The CPE kit looks terrible in my opinion, Looks like they are running dual GT30XX, way too big. If they dropped them down to GT28XX then they are in the ball park, I would like to see a little more evidence then "I spoke to someone at CPE and they said its almost done" Didn't they post that like 2+ years ago, and that was it? Either way on all this stuff, its just going to get better for the N54 end user, once all these options are there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not really but not the place for this discussion.
    REALLY......I see a N54 BMS ST (Terry) vs M3 SC (Sticky) in the near future. But we all know who will win that one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I personally do not think that price is out of bounds, 5K, spend what you wish on a turbo, install and go. After intro pricing its going to be at least $5500, still not terrible. There are a lot of options coming now, stage 3 is almost there, we are working very closely with Doc Rac now on a lot of things, we have another kit in the works with them as well. All while trying to get these damn batch 2's shipped out. Not to mention we have other surprises in the works, oh and the N55...Click here to enlarge We are not ones to sit on our hands, more options the better, I personally think that set up is not the ideal set up. But I am biased. The CPE kit looks terrible in my opinion, Looks like they are running dual GT30XX, way too big. If they dropped them down to GT28XX then they are in the ball park, I would like to see a little more evidence then "I spoke to someone at CPE and they said its almost done" Didn't they post that like 2+ years ago, and that was it? Either way on all this stuff, its just going to get better for the N54 end user, once all these options are there.
    I'm really looking forward to what Doc Race shows.

CP-E too.

I mean things are getting exciting all around aren't they?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    = bend over for bmw tax Click here to enlarge

sad thing is i would spend that much on a kit ...with the available options... realistically big power on an N54 from a company making a kit out the door.. will be in the 8k range.

also people like me working out of a shop are lucky lol i do my own labor.

others have to factor in labor, so ~$10k to get where you need to be.. fak

$10k and then you need suspension add blah blah blah

Buy a 335i and add cobb, rb turbos = much cheaper VALUE
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    $10k and then you need suspension add blah blah blah

Buy a 335i and add cobb, rb turbos = much cheaper VALUE
    been there done that... LOL need moar HP. and a lighter car to say the least. suspension and drivetrain are workable and not really a big deal. most people that are looking for more horsepower already have a tastefully modified car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 different cars- dont try to argue value. will i be pissed if an n54 beats me..? yea, for a little while, but ill always have more fun driving the M.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

How is the N54 turbo route not still loads cheaper then a $20k sc for the M? After supporting mods for both and price of car, N54 is still loads less expensive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    How is the N54 turbo route not still loads cheaper then a $20k sc for the M? After supporting mods for both and price of car, N54 is still loads less expensive.
    dont know where the $20k reference is coming from. is N54 cheaper to mod, yes, is it more powerful, yup. not an m3, wont be, different cars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vargas is on point with with this. Those who think 5k range (minus turbo) is steep are simply ignorant about the market, clueless as to the effort in development. I'm not even sure how the assumed price targets are calculated, based on what knowledge? Experience? Which other markets and products?

curious to all how the other systems will be finalized and their performance spec. Lots of movement for the N54s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Full race 2JZ manifold, $2300Top mount downpipe, $600?Lower IC Pipe, $400?CNC Coolant pipe, $300?Oil feed/drain lines, $300?Swirl pot, $100?boost solenoid, $80?Valve cover heat shield, $100?Esitmated total, $4180. $49XX isnt too far off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Full Race is the standard on which all kits/manifolds should be measured. Price seems high but the FFTEC hardware is also top notch so I'd say not too far off. It does make Tony's TT kit even more appealing though. I'd take 2 properly sized twins over a big single any day if there prices were similar. Price is usually what leads people to big singles of TT kits anyways.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Full race 2JZ manifold, $2300Top mount downpipe, $600?Lower IC Pipe, $400?CNC Coolant pipe, $300?Oil feed/drain lines, $300?Swirl pot, $100?boost solenoid, $80?Valve cover heat shield, $100?Esitmated total, $4180. $49XX isnt too far off.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast