Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to have them install one of these top mount kits on our 135i.

On the price the $5k includes the manifold, downpipe, coolant reservoir & piping, heat shields, etc. You could make it yourself for half the price but I doubt it would be half as nice and at the end of the day, if you're going to have a top mount kit, you want it to fit & look nice IMHO. Click here to enlarge They suggested the Precision 5858sp BB for the application so I'll give that a whirl to start. The turbo is $1600 and then the wastegates are $300ish each.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't wait to see it on your 135i putting down some huge numbers!

On the other hand though, I've turned into quite the turbo fanatic lately and I'm not sure I'd be using that turbo, especially in a TS setup. The benefit of a twin scroll setup is faster spool, thus allowing for a larger turbo and much larger turbine housing. What turbine housing are they recommending? From the kit in the picture it looks like they have a T4 flange on it. That turbo appears to support 620HP. I'm not seeing air flow ratings for it. Also, the only T4 turbine housing I'm seeing for it is an .58 T4. I'm not sure that's even divided. Maybe they have a custom divided turbine housing for it IDK. What exactly is your HP goal T? is this going to be a quick spooling 1/4mi setup? Or a max HP highway 60-130 monster? Did you build the motor or buy a stock shortblock? Personally, I love what full-race does with their twin scrolls and BW or Garrett turbos. It's no secret here that I recommend the Forced Performance turbo chargers to everyone I talk to LOL. Definitely check out the reviews and specs on the FP HTA3582r (700HP) and the GTX3582r (700HP). I'd def look into a 1.06 or .82 divided turbine housing as well.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

On the price the $5k includes the manifold, downpipe, coolant reservoir & piping, heat shields, etc. You could make it yourself for half the price but I doubt it would be half as nice and at the end of the day, if you're going to have a top mount kit, you want it to fit & look nice IMHO. Click here to enlarge They suggested the Precision 5858sp BB for the application so I'll give that a whirl to start. The turbo is $1600 and then the wastegates are $300ish each.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I forgot the 135i was AT. is that why you're going with the smaller turbo?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I forgot the 135i was AT. is that why you're going with the smaller turbo?
    Yes it's an AT with a redline of around 6700rpm. I'd like it to spool by 3500rpm which may be a pipe dream but the smaller turbo gives it the best shot. It looks like the turbo has 600rw potential which is what I'd like out of this particular setup. And of course being a top mount turbo swaps are not overly difficult. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like the way you think Click here to enlarge

BTW I spool that FP HTA3582r at 4000RPM on only 2.4L

[QUOTE=Terry@BMS;504449]Yes it's an AT with a redline of around 6700rpm. I'd like it to spool by 3500rpm which may be a pipe dream but the smaller turbo gives it the best shot. It looks like the turbo has 600rw potential which is what I'd like out of this particular setup. And of course being a top mount turbo swaps are not overly difficult. Click here to enlarge[/QUOTE]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6766. do it do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Precision 5858 or 5862; It's a shame you couldn't use a TiAL Alpha since their Oil Lubricated/Water Cooled but Forged Performance HTA's aren't a bad alternative since they both start out as a Garrett Turbo
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    that's how I read it too. He is winning races without even being there! That M3 of his must have magic powers. What do you think the guys who actually went with running cars would say when sticky says, "my car smoked yours at ss3!"
    How did your car do?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CannonFodder Click here to enlarge
    6766. do it do it.

Dude at Precision told me I should put THAT 6766 bad boy on my E39 V8

Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It would take 8 cylinders to spool that thing lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Dude at Precision told me I should put THAT 6766 bad boy on my E39 V8

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How did your car do?

honest question because I honestly don't know...do you drive your car at these things, or does someone else?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    honest question because I honestly don't know...do you drive your car at these things, or does someone else?
    Every time at the strip I always drive my own car. Every record set in the 1/4 mile was done by me. Why would that change?

If anyone needs to verify people here have seen me running at the drag rentals. I don't know why it's a question.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

i order a top mount Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome. what turbo are you going with?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    i order a top mount Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome. what turbo are you going with?
    comp 67mm
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    comp, that's different. i like it. what turbine housing?

comp 67mm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This turbo?

CT4B6765 Triplex Ceramic .58/.70/.84/1.00/1.15/1.32/1.52 3"V-Band T4 divided turbine housing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This turbo?

CT4B6765 Triplex Ceramic .58/.70/.84/1.00/1.15/1.32/1.52 3"V-Band T4 divided turbine housing
    yup, but its the 6767
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Badass! That is going to be an AWESOME setup! congrats.

yup, but its the 6767

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    comp 67mm
    Nice, A mans turbo. I think the key to big power on pump gas is going to be in the 67-71 range.

What made you go with the comp over the precision 6766 or a s366, or even a gt4088r. They all seem pretty comparable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Badass! That is going to be an AWESOME setup! congrats.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CannonFodder Click here to enlarge
    Nice, A mans turbo. I think the key to big power on pump gas is going to be in the 67-71 range.

What made you go with the comp over the precision 6766 or a s366, or even a gt4088r. They all seem pretty comparable.
    thanks and because from my experience comp is one of the quickest spooling turbos you can buy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Precision 5858 or 5862; It's a shame you couldn't use a TiAL Alpha since their Oil Lubricated/Water Cooled but Forged Performance HTA's aren't a bad alternative since they both start out as a Garrett Turbo
    What's wrong with being Oil+Water?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    What's wrong with being Oil+Water?
    Nothing, just involves a lot more work to setup since the OEM setup is oil lubricated/cooled.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Nothing, just involves a lot more work to setup since the OEM setup is oil lubricated/cooled.
    oh really? i thought it had water cooling for some reason, i could've sworn two lines came from the water!

that definitely makes sense though... what has to be done to get the water cooling to happen?

also, would it overwhelm the stock water cooling system easily? when most people doing this would already have a ridiculously beefed up oil cooler setup?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock turbos are both water and oil cooled.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast