Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That looks awesome. However, not so awesome to install. What turbo options do you have with that kit? Price?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "This kit includes everything you need to install your choice of T4 twinscroll turbo and Tial 38mm wastegates. The FFTMK fits most popular T4 divided housing turbochargers and Tial MVS Wastegates. "
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    BW EFR 9180 FTMFW!!!

or GTX4294
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i thought VTT has the highest Hp 335..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i thought VTT has the highest Hp 335..?
    Shiv took it back in July with a 738 WHP pull with the VFF900 kit (twin scroll 6466).... Back in April the Vargas Stage 3 hit 725 WHP with the GTX2863R setup
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So they are selling the manifold only, spoke to mike at FFTEC he said they were no longer making the bottom mount Twin scroll because modification to the frame to fit the turbo. so they moved foreword with the top mount design.
    Sigh...he said he was not sure that he couldn't guarantee fitment on a 135i. Click here to enlarge and first 5 buyers get a price of $4950 i think.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    So they are selling the manifold only, spoke to mike at FFTEC he said they were no longer making the bottom mount Twin scroll because modification to the frame to fit the turbo. so they moved foreword with the top mount design.
    Sigh...he said he was not sure that he couldn't guarantee fitment on a 135i. Click here to enlarge and first 5 buyers get a price of $4950 i think.
    Can you confirm that price?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Can you confirm that price?
    Spoke with him on the phone yes. its $49XX for sure no turbo or waste gates but everything else to install kit. if remember correctly its gotta be $4950. not more than 5k
    Last edited by sammy_0559; 10-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Shiv took it back in July with a 738 WHP pull with the VFF900 kit (twin scroll 6466).... Back in April the Vargas Stage 3 hit 725 WHP with the GTX2863R setup
    oh really? i never saw a post on that, i thought it ended with the 725 run haha

ED: $5k for teh manifold? that's pretty well on the high side is it not?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

5k for the manifold alone?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    $5k for teh manifold? that's pretty well on the high side is it not?

My thoughts exactly...but they are the only ones so they can charge what they want.

Anyone know which manifold terry bought?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    5k for the manifold alone?

My thoughts exactly...but they are the only ones so they can charge what they want.

Anyone know which manifold terry bought?
    Looks like everything included in the kit is in the first post. Pretty sure terry got the vff900 aka the 6466 single scroll bottom mount. Can't wait to see what he puts down with it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

5k is way to much money. Im sure they will sell a few of them but if they want to go mainstream into the market like the RB setups have done they will need a price adjustment. Honestly I would give 5k for the whole kit including turbo and wastegate at this point. But give it a another year and there will be lots of copies out for a whole lot less money. Props to FFTEC for the progress..
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I'd never heard of a swirl pot so I had to look it up. Sounds like its similar to a surge tank. Interesting that fftec is including one in the kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought $5k included turbo. That's a bit of coin but there aren't exactly a ton of options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    5k is way to much money. Im sure they will sell a few of them but if they want to go mainstream into the market like the RB setups have done they will need a price adjustment. Honestly I would give 5k for the whole kit including turbo and wastegate at this point. But give it a another year and there will be lots of copies out for a whole lot less money. Props to FFTEC for the progress..
    yeah... 'small' turbo included, at least

i can't see why they wouldn't want to make a bolt on kit for sale, no tune.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    Spoke with him on the phone yes. its $49XX for sure no turbo or waste gates but everything else to install kit. if remember correctly its gotta be $4950. not more than 5k
    I got the same quote, $5k no turbo. If it was $3.5k I would buy today.

It looks great though. I'll wait to see real world results.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For anyone who seems to think they'll just lower their price if people don't buy, you're delusional. These kits are made to order. So, they lose nothing if people don't buy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    For anyone who seems to think they'll just lower their price if people don't buy, you're delusional. These kits are made to order. So, they lose nothing if people don't buy.
    That's not what anyone has said. What we are talking about is "market value" and 5k is not market value on this kit. What has been mentioned is that the kit being sold at 5k without being complete is overpriced. Kits will be sold, but if they want to sell a lot of kits not just a handful they will have to drop the price. What will happen is a company will order a manifold and then copy it and undersell them on there own product. FFTEC could corner the market early and get the advantage.. but at 5k they just spent a lot of time/money to develop a kit that will never go mainstream. IMO
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Fftec Motorsports N54 twin scroll top mount turbo manifold kit, $4950 - Too pricey?

The N54 inline-6 turbo upgrade era is really now blossoming from stock housing options to a variety of aftermarket manifold and turbo solutions. Fftech originally worked on a bottom mount turbo manifold but it seems they have abandoned that setup in favor of a top mount turbo manifold now. This 'kit' includes everything you need to install an aftermarket turbo setup at $4950 but does not include an upgraded turbo making for a pricey manifold option.

Fftec deserves whatever the market is willing to pay and there are not exactly a plethora of top mount off the shelf manifold options in the N54 world at this time. Will it sell? Absolutely.

Why a top mount? Speculation by BimmerBoost members is that the bottom mount manifold required too much modification to the frame of the vehicle to fit. As a reminder, BimmerBoost vendors do have working bottom mount solutions for those not interested in a top mount for whatever reason (sleeper, heat in the engine bay, etc.).

Picture and pricing info below.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Included in this Kit:

FFTEC Twin Scroll Top Mount Exhaust Manifold
    FFTEC Top Mount Downpipe
    FFTEC Lower Intercooler Pipe
    FFTEC CNC Coolant Pipe
    FFTEC Oil Feed and Drain Lines
    FFTEC Swirl Pot
    FFTEC Boost Control Solenoid
    FFTEC Valve Cover Heat Shield

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

I've shared my thoughts on the FFTEC pricing (and other concerns) before but I recently weighed the options and had a change of heart. At this stage in the game someone who wants to make 700rw has few options. Wait around for a less expensive kit to come to market. Go with a home-made kit. Or pony up a little extra money for a very clean setup that is 100% going to fit and perform as expected. Maybe it's 2k more than I'd like it to be but honestly it's just a drop in the bucket for most of us who are at this power level. We'll all be spending $6-10k+ on motors anyway sooner or later. Click here to enlarge

We're doing the 6466 kit on the E92 and maybe we'll throw this top mount kit on our 135i so I can compare them. CPE is also getting close with their twin turbo kit so I'll probably have to go buy another N54 for that one. I've been thinking an Xi would be fun. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 10-02-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We'll see what happens to pricing when more people enter the market. I don't have a problem with it as it is what it is right now.

When CP-E enters we will see adjustment. Once they do even more manifold options will show up. Then of course people will knock off options. Prices will fall further. It's just how it goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree but lets get real here. A twin turbo setup w/ cast manifolds, etc, is going to be a very sweet setup. Vargas' setup looks nice too for a fabricated twin. But neither is really going to be comparable to the FFTEC pricing or install process. And demand for kits is only going to go up as the cars get older. I also think there is room for prices to come down on the single kits once they pick one design and push forward with it with a higher volume of cars.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    IMO... single turbos will dominate the market for high hp setups.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast