Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 57 of 57
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    portland
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    489.3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    @cwarren, a brand new DS "assembly" from BMW . The concept is bolt off bolt on, but I think there is calibrated balancing, or something like that, that needs to be done. not sure


    @The Ghost, new DS Assembly from the dealer which had to be ordered . Prior to ordering the new DS they checked the center bearing, there was no fail in it, they double checked again after uninstalling it. The problem was found in the second half of the DS to have "play" in its connection to the differential.

    They verified with another 335is, and there was no play in the DS. Installed my new DS and there also was no play

    Name of the shop I get mechincal work done at is called Foreign Affairs Motorsports http://foreignaffairsmotorsports.com/
    buraq if you get a chance can you see if your mechanic did have to do any calibrating of any kind ? I thought these things where balanced from the factory.really makes me wonder if there is any validity to removing the DS and not replacing back in the same spot that you can get vibrations

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cwarren Click here to enlarge
    buraq if you get a chance can you see if your mechanic did have to do any calibrating of any kind ? I thought these things where balanced from the factory.really makes me wonder if there is any validity to removing the DS and not replacing back in the same spot that you can get vibrations
    I just confirmed the DS already came balanced from BMW, however the shop had to use some sort of special alignment tool though

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    87
    Rep Points
    49.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Good that you have figured it out! Been there, super annoying... At the end I had to replace my complete driveline... so annoying... Always vibrations in 5th gear... between 2000 and 3000 rpm....

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    352
    Rep Points
    320.7
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I just confirmed the DS already came balanced from BMW, however the shop had to use some sort of special alignment tool though

    Only tools required is the special wrench to remove the sunk nut at the front of the diff that attaches to the rear of the driveshaft.

    BMW tool part numbers 33 5 040 and 33 5 070

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    portland
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    489.3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I just confirmed the DS already came balanced from BMW, however the shop had to use some sort of special alignment tool though
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMWJunkie Click here to enlarge
    Only tools required is the special wrench to remove the sunk nut at the front of the diff that attaches to the rear of the driveshaft.

    BMW tool part numbers 33 5 040 and 33 5 070
    thanks for the info guys !!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    352
    Rep Points
    320.7
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cwarren Click here to enlarge
    thanks for the info guys !!
    Only special tools I ment. Good luck!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    80
    Rep Points
    65.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    So this is due to driveshaft/differential play?

    Does anyone with a single mass flywheel experience this issue? I just figured the DMFW was being torqued well beyond what it was designed to handle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •