Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

P23E0 P23E1 P0171... Help?

I started getting these codes while running E40 Cobb with a protune:
    p29e0
    p29e1
    p0171 SES
    So I ran the tank down to empty, filled with Shell 93 VPower and flashed back to Stage 0. Continued to get these codes. On second tank of Shell 93/Stage 0 and continue to get these codes like this every time after about 15 minutes of driving:
    First p29e0, then p29e1 (fuel mixture) and then eventually p0171 (lean condition). Typically when cold, less frequently when warm, but once or twice every day now. Once the third p0171 occurs then the SES light comes on. All codes clear fine but it repeats. Here are two logs:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jeffman/e10-...codes-wot-runs

http://www.datazap.me/u/jeffman/e10-...ottle-diagnose

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing these codes?

Thanks.
    2008 E90 335xi AT 58K MILES - FAILING XFER CASE MOUNT
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT TBI & STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPSClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We only see these come up when people use say a pump gas map and still run a high enough concentration of E85 to trigger the codes. I realize that is not the case you're describing so my suggestion would be to get an INPA cable and clear the lambda adaptations. Using the reset ECU on your Cobb AP may also help. You can also always send us a log of your car on pump gas when you're getting these codes and we'll look. Add the STFT and LTFT channels to the log as we'll need those to review.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    29e0/29e1 just means you've set your fuel scalar too high or low for your actual ethanol mix. So adjust the mix or your flash fuel scalars as needed.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    UPDATE: Driving through two tankfuls of Shell VPower 93 seems to have cleared up the codes and the SES light. Thanks to all who commented.
    2008 E90 335xi AT 58K MILES - FAILING XFER CASE MOUNT
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT TBI & STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPSClick here to enlarge