Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

e90 6 speed swap from auto

anyone know what it would cost around to swap a 6 speed into a e90 3 series?
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I've heard it's not woh the hassle or $. Likely better to just look for a 6MT model to buy or trade into. Mind if I ask why you're looking to swap into a 6MT?
    2010 E90 335i xDrive
    JB4 G5 ISO | BMS DCI | BMS OCC | Alpina Flash | LED Angel Eyes | Matte Black Kidney Grills | growing list....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

found a vandalized car i want to make into a track car lol
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Moved to N54 section.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to N54 section.
    not an n54 though : )
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    not an n54 though : )
    My bad @inter1032 what is it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

OP -- I think I remember seeing it cost somewhere between $6-7k to do an E90 trans swap. If it's going to be a track car, you could prob cut that cost down since it won't need OEM-like appearance (assuming the interior would be gutted)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    My bad @inter1032 what is it?
    a 325 Click here to enlarge thats n52 right?
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Not a bad thread to have around with the couple st guys with 6at's thinking about the swap. Has anybody done it yet? Off the top of my head the parts list would be something like; trans, clutch/flywheel, shifter, Clutch slave, clutch master, possibly driveshaft, pedal, shift boot, plus some small stuff here and there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Justin@BoostAddictions Click here to enlarge
    Not a bad thread to have around with the couple st guys with 6at's thinking about the swap. Has anybody done it yet? Off the top of my head the parts list would be something like; trans, clutch/flywheel, shifter, Clutch slave, clutch master, possibly driveshaft, pedal, shift boot, plus some small stuff here and there.
    That's about what I expect the list to look like as well. According to RealOEM, the MT also uses a different wiring harness than the AT. The good news is, the portion that is different appears to actually be a sub-harness (not the entire wiring harness). There is a P/N for that sub-harness and price is relatively cheap. That probably connects the backup switch, clutch pedal switch(s), and the DME. Also, I see no need to remove the AT sub-harness; just unplug and run the new MT sub-harness next to it.

Oh, here it is:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...95&hg=12&fg=28

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Justin@BoostAddictions Click here to enlarge
    found this listed posted on that other site
    http://www.rtsauto.com/parts-require...bers-included/
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    found this listed posted on that other site
    http://www.rtsauto.com/parts-require...bers-included/
    I don't think that complete list is required. The gas pedal for instance, I'm sure the only difference is the kick down switch for the AT and it'll probably work fine for the MT. I've got a buddy that wants to do this asap. He has a lot of sentimental value with his car and also plans to swap the turbos later.
    I'm thinking about 3-5k in parts including an aftermarket clutch and flywheel. When we start, I'll put together a build log and probably make a DIY while at it. He has another car to drive so I could take my time. I'll probably do the same to mine sometime next year and then swap my turbos as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i Click here to enlarge
    I don't think that complete list is required. The gas pedal for instance, I'm sure the only difference is the kick down switch for the AT and it'll probably work fine for the MT. I've got a buddy that wants to do this asap. He has a lot of sentimental value with his car and also plans to swap the turbos later.
    I'm thinking about 3-5k in parts including an aftermarket clutch and flywheel. When we start, I'll put together a build log and probably make a DIY while at it. He has another car to drive so I could take my time. I'll probably do the same to mine sometime next year and then swap my turbos as well.
    That list also specifies an oil pan; but when I looked on RealOEM, they do not specify a different oil pan for MT and AT. The oil pans seem to change with the chassis, though (e.g. E90, E92 and i or xi).