Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

looks like a mid 8 sec 60-130, which is about right if a flat road or any road not ideal for runs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    looks like a mid 8 sec 60-130, which is about right if a flat road or any road not ideal for runs
    what speed do you usually start at for a 60-130? 40? less? derp
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    what speed do you usually start at for a 60-130? 40? less? derp
    ive been trying to do 45-ish seems like a sweet spot, im pretty sure thats where the 7.x are currently doing. Im going to try 3rd gear starts though at about 50-55 since i break traction on the 2-3 too easy, i can get down to low 7's upper 6's.

hard part is finding a place you can do back-back runs with minimal involvement

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

ive been trying to do 45-ish seems like a sweet spot, im pretty sure thats where the 7.x are currently doing. Im going to try 3rd gear starts though at about 50-55 since i break traction on the 2-3 too easy, i can get down to low 7's upper 6's.

hard part is finding a place you can do back-back runs with minimal involvement
    Also hate that you have to fully stop to reset the next run. What a stupid feature shouldve atleast put a restart button it. Kind of tough to make a full stop on the parkway lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yeah, that looks about right. A mid 8 second run seems slow compared to what others are doing, though. That 3-4 shift is killing me. I also need to do it on a flat road. This one is nice and straight, but goes up hill. Having all 4 windows and the sunroof open probably creates a bit of drag around 130 too LOL. Excuses, excuses... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Unless you turn up boost on the top end there is no way to compensate for loss of early spool/torque that stock hybrids provide for instance which is so crucial for good 60-130 times..its that 60-90 time that's hurting
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, that looks about right. A mid 8 second run seems slow compared to what others are doing, though. That 3-4 shift is killing me. I also need to do it on a flat road. This one is nice and straight, but goes up hill. Having all 4 windows and the sunroof open probably creates a bit of drag around 130 too LOL. Excuses, excuses... Click here to enlarge
    Actually, I should say the 4-5 gear shift. 3-4 isn't so bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Unless you turn up boost on the top end there is no way to compensate for loss of early spool/torque that stock hybrids provide for instance which is so crucial for good 60-130 times..its that 60-90 time that's hurting
    I guess that's where the "area under the curve" comes into play.

The FFTEC cars are doing pretty well; but some of them are pushing over 100 more WHP than me, so that makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

It's all about area under the curve. It takes lot more power up top to make up for the loss of power down low. But, if you want to go faster than RBs can take you, that's the only option. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

We could always just race, I think a lot of people would like to see that Click here to enlarge

Or use the section of road I use up your way 295s between Ex. 52 and 48 I think, where the trees block outsiders view..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    We could always just race, I think a lot of people would like to see that Click here to enlarge

Or use the section of road I use up your way 295s between Ex. 52 and 48 I think, where the trees block outsiders view..
    I'm down. Probably make for some good vids! 295 would definitely be ideal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@Eleventeen Does the shop that did your kit would make another one? Do you have the shops info?
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    @Eleventeen Does the shop that did your kit would make another one? Do you have the shops info?
    Eleventeen custom made this @ his house.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456