Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Review/DIY RE upgraded M3 tension arm bushings.

I got these Rouge engineering upgraded bushings from Haroild at "HP Autosport" and man am I glad I did. The differece is quite huge, like going from OEM to M3. I immediatly felt the difference when turning left to right, car feels a lot more planted and much tighter. If you want to skip the tutorial any shop can press these out and in within minutes.

Tips:

1. Push bushing 1/2 way out then use a 2-3/4" hole saw to push out....will come out in 5 seconds.

2. When installing car does NOT have to be at ride height like below install link because of the design of the new bushings.

3. Use torque specs from my install link below not Rogue Engineerings, they are a bit incorrect.

4. When installing insert ball joint end 1st.

Tension arm Install/removal link: (follow only the upper control arm/tension rod install removal). Ignore ride height suggestions.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...r-control-arms

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can a mod add this above where it's says "tips"

Order here!

http://hpashop.com/Rogue-Engineering...RE-E9x-TAB.htm
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice. I ordered some poly bushings for my tension struts from Whiteline (P/N W83391). Powerflex also makes such bushings. I figured if I am going to put the M3 arms in, I don't want any rubber binding up the suspension.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Nice. I ordered some poly bushings for my tension struts from Whiteline (P/N W83391). Powerflex also makes such bushings. I figured if I am going to put the M3 arms in, I don't want any rubber binding up the suspension.
    couldn't agree more!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you done the swaybar bushings? That should be the last piece of the puzzle in the front as far as fluid suspension movement goes.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Have you done the swaybar bushings? That should be the last piece of the puzzle in the front as far as fluid suspension movement goes.
    I have M3 sway, May upgrade the bushings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How is nvh with these vs oem m3?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    How is nvh with these vs oem m3?
    I actually feel less surprisingly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Repped.

Ok, ok, DIY section must come.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Repped.

Ok, ok, DIY section must come.
    Thanks man! DIY section will be awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man! DIY section will be awesome!
    Well you're reason enough to build it.

If it wasn't a car forum that would come off the wrong way.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well you're reason enough to build it.

If it wasn't a car forum that would come off the wrong way.
    ROFLMAO!